Orlimar V18 Driver with D.I.A.L. (Diametrically Adjustable Launch) technology

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this today on Twitter - Wonder how it works

Published on Feb 22, 2018
https://www.hirekogolf.com - Are You Dialed In? The New Orlimar Golf V18 Driver could be the most advanced movable weight system you’ve ever seen. Not one track or two tracks of movement, but a full 360 degrees of weight adjusting freedom around the entire sole’s perimeter. The never-before seen D.I.A.L. (Diametrically Adjustable Launch) technology allows you to rotate sole weighting 360 degrees in one of 8 preset locations for tour level fitting. Do you want slice-reduction? Set it to the heel. High MOI? Set it to the back. Lower spin? Set it towards the face. That baby fade? Set it towards the toe. Or anywhere in between... it’s your choice!

The Orlimar V18 driver offers a fresh new twist on adjustable driver performance for all levels of golfers. What makes it so unique?

First, it is constructed from a new aerospace alloy material (8-1-1 Titanium) that is 10% lighter than what typical 6-4 titanium drivers are made from as well as an improved strength to weight ratio. The skeletal soled body and the ultra-thin crown (0.8mm thick) drastically reduces the overall weight while providing the foundation to a low center of gravity design. The importance of this is it increases the amount of discretionary weight allowable for adjustability.

The key feature of the Orlimar V18 driver is an 8-position rotatable sole which weighs an enormous 35 grams including an offset tungsten weight. The offset tungsten weight on the sole shifts the center of gravity when rotated which alters the ball flight or what we call D.I.A.L. (Diametrically Adjustable Launch) Technology. You can increase the MOI and launch angle by rotating the red line on the dial sole to the rear, reducing spin by moving that red line to the face or create fades or draws by placing it in the toe or heel positions. In seconds, one can fine-tune the V18 dial sole to suit the player’s needs.

https://youtu.be/zF1rykQQGVA

Orlimar.JPG

Attachments

• Orlimar .JPG
    Orlimar .JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
Created a design similar to this (my design looked better) for Wilson DvD Season 2. It’s a great idea so I hope it works well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me currently....
giphy.gif

They're still around??!!?!?

interesting... Cobra has a patent for an 8-way adjustable CG driver

Me currently....
giphy.gif

Wait....now I see that it is just deconstructed and would not stick out from the club sole. Still, very interesting given I didn't know Orlimar was even a thing anymore, and they are somewhat local!

Wait....now I see that it is just deconstructed and would not stick out from the club sole. Still, very interesting given I didn't know Orlimar was even a thing anymore, and they are somewhat local!

I believe they are still owned by the store in Michigan (parent company King Par). THey purchased the name about 10-15 years ago, when Ortiz left for Bobby Jones.

I believe they are still owned by the store in Michigan (parent company King Par). THey purchased the name about 10-15 years ago, when Ortiz left for Bobby Jones.
That's was I was thinking. They are up in Flint or Flushing or some F named city with bad water quality, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Available from Hireko Golf and Ron's Custom Clubs

442cc head, Fuji Vista Pro shaft

$400 :bulgy-eyes:

According to Golf Digest - Hireko bought the brand from Par King in 2016.

That's was I was thinking. They are up in Flint or Flushing or some F named city with bad water quality, right?

There you go Tpluff, markm with the scoop.
That would also make sense, because I believe King Par closed their retail store and had some money issues in 2016.

There you go Tpluff, markm with the scoop.
That would also make sense, because I believe King Par closed their retail store and had some money issues in 2016.

Thanks for the clarification markm, makes sense that it brings you to the Hireko site to get the information. It'll be interesting if it moves the needle at all.

I guess I like innovation and I think it's pretty cool to rotate the bottom with a 35gram weight to get the shot shape you want.

So Orlimar had some real good stuff and then they didn't. What's the story on Hireko, good company?

I have an old Orlimar Hipsteel PW I still use. Always had a soft spot for the brand.

I didn't know Olimar was still a player either. The DIAL protruding from the bottom the of the club head would drive me crazy!

I didn't know Olimar was still a player either. The DIAL protruding from the bottom the of the club head would drive me crazy!
I think it's deconstructed and blown up to show effect. Not protruding from the sole.

Might be the worst looking $400 driver I have ever seen.

So Orlimar had some real good stuff and then they didn't. What's the story on Hireko, good company?

I have an old Orlimar Hipsteel PW I still use. Always had a soft spot for the brand.

Long time component company, Acer is their house brand I believe, similar to Maltby with golf works.

Nice to see an older company come back. Driver looks interesting. Loved my trimetal that thing was a bomber.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

It’s flush:

0f4bc777f017a3549876bdb0889dae4f.jpg

I had my only hole in one with a Orlimar 3 wood I bought from Kmart. My how things change

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Long time component company, Acer is their house brand I believe, similar to Maltby with golf works.

Hey, I had some Acer XP irons awhile back! My buddies used to always joked that I played a computer brand club. :(

FWIW these are being sold in Canada through Costco.ca for $300 CAD

no idea if it is grey market or not

Back