The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

A few questions for those who have experienced this before or are in the know about such things:

What golf accessories did you end up needing with forecaddies to give you distances and fixing divots?

How much extra luggage room would you suggest for souvenirs?

How much cash should I plan on bringing for things like tips or any other time cash is needed over plastic?

Are there any times when fancier dress (above golf pants and a polo) would be needed?

Any other tips as we get ready to pack for the trip and go through the last stretch leading up to our minds being melted?

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

A few questions for those who have experienced this before or are in the know about such things:

What golf accessories did you end up needing with forecaddies to give you distances and fixing divots?

How much extra luggage room would you suggest for souvenirs?

How much cash should I plan on bringing for things like tips or any other time cash is needed over plastic?

Are there any times when fancier dress (above golf pants and a polo) would be needed?

Any other tips as we get ready to pack for the trip and go through the last stretch leading up to our minds being melted?
1) bring what you are used to carrying. I'm a creature of habit. If I always play with a divot tool and ball marker in my front pocket, bring it--even if you never use it. I'd also bring balls (we were given some, but sometimes you just need…more) and a glove (we got that too), but I misplaced mine and bought another one at the Hideaway. The Hideaway last year was Titleist exclusive and nobody noticed I was wearing their glove…

2) it all depends on what you are buying. How much room do you need for a pullover, towel, putter cover, and 6,000 ball markers? I brought one small suitcase and a carry-on duffle. I saved most of the space in my duffel (we also were given one of these) for gifts/souvenirs.

3) I honestly don't remember if tips were included (pretty sure) or I was told that and I appeared to be really cheap (possibly) or I walked around flashing hundos (doubt it). Just bring what you would normally bring on a trip. And bring home (but don't tell the wife) what you didn't need.

4) dinners last year were super casual. I wore jeans and a button down shirt and never once felt out of place.

5) I'll say it over and over. Think of the opportunity that you have been given, and how many other golfers would kill for that chance. Keep that in mind, don't be a d*ck, and really enjoy the experience. And oh yeah…WIN.

What golf accessories did you end up needing with forecaddies to give you distances and fixing divots? brought the same stuff that I always have with me (ball marker, divot tool, rangefinder, GPS, etc)

How much extra luggage room would you suggest for souvenirs? Pullover, hat, headcover....minimal

How much cash should I plan on bringing for things like tips or any other time cash is needed over plastic? always great to have cash for tips, etc....$100

Are there any times when fancier dress (above golf pants and a polo) would be needed? No

Any other tips as we get ready to pack for the trip and go through the last stretch leading up to our minds being melted? take pants and shorts, be prepared to have the time of your life

see above

3) I honestly don't remember if tips were included (pretty sure) or I was told that and I appeared to be really cheap (possibly) or I walked around flashing hundos (doubt it). Just bring what you would normally bring on a trip. And bring home (but don't tell the wife) what you didn't need. …WIN.

I'm telling my wife Pete said I need $1k in walking money....

1) bring what you are used to carrying. I'm a creature of habit. If I always play with a divot tool and ball marker in my front pocket, bring it--even if you never use it. I'd also bring balls (we were given some, but sometimes you just need…more) and a glove (we got that too), but I misplaced mine and bought another one at the Hideaway. The Hideaway last year was Titleist exclusive and nobody noticed I was wearing their glove…

2) it all depends on what you are buying. How much room do you need for a pullover, towel, putter cover, and 6,000 ball markers? I brought one small suitcase and a carry-on duffle. I saved most of the space in my duffel (we also were given one of these) for gifts/souvenirs.

3) I honestly don't remember if tips were included (pretty sure) or I was told that and I appeared to be really cheap (possibly) or I walked around flashing hundos (doubt it). Just bring what you would normally bring on a trip. And bring home (but don't tell the wife) what you didn't need.

4) dinners last year were super casual. I wore jeans and a button down shirt and never once felt out of place.

5) I'll say it over and over. Think of the opportunity that you have been given, and how many other golfers would kill for that chance. Keep that in mind, don't be a d*ck, and really enjoy the experience. And oh yeah…WIN.

Thank you for this post Pete. Seriously.

Looks like Colin and I will be getting some 40* golfy golf in thin Saturday in Tulsa. Should be fun.

Looks like Colin and I will be getting some 40* golfy golf in thin Saturday in Tulsa. Should be fun.

Nothing like a little cold to make you feel the bad shots

Play well!

Thanks Pete. That's answered a lot of questions I've had

Pete & Cookie pretty much nailed it. I found it convenient to have my own range finder if I wanted to determine how far a bunker was off the tee and the forecaddie was down the fairway acting as our target.

I think last year I brought a few hundred bucks and ended up spending practically nothing other than at the pro shop at the Hideaway.

Lastly, anyone want to help me replace my lost Hideaway towel? Pretty please!!! :banghead:

Just caught up on this thread, had a good day on the golf course today the sun made it feel way warmer than 45*! Shot right in my wheel house, 45/41-86, feeling really good right now overall. Missed a few birdies that were makeable and if those drop I'm shooting when of my better rounds of the year I'll take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just caught up on this thread, had a good day on the golf course today the sun made it feel way warmer than 45*! Shot right in my wheel house, 45/41-86, feeling really good right now overall. Missed a few birdies that were makeable and if those drop I'm shooting when of my better rounds of the year I'll take it!

That is some good stuff man, two putt pars will win you a lot of holes. Keep up the good work.

I'm telling my wife Pete said I need $1k in walking money....
Don't forget, your wife has met me. "Well, if Pete needed a grand, you'll surely only need $500." Adjust accordingly.....

Don't forget, your wife has met me. "Well, if Pete needed a grand, you'll surely only need $500." Adjust accordingly.....

You've met my wife, she's a Pete fan so I'll get away with it

You've met my wife, she's a Pete fan so I'll get away with it
Haha. Valid point. Just glad we have all of our bases covered here. :thumb:

Pete & Cookie pretty much nailed it. I found it convenient to have my own range finder if I wanted to determine how far a bunker was off the tee and the forecaddie was down the fairway acting as our target.

I think last year I brought a few hundred bucks and ended up spending practically nothing other than at the pro shop at the Hideaway.

Lastly, anyone want to help me replace my lost Hideaway towel? Pretty please!!! :banghead:

That can definitely be done. I'm not sure if they have options but if so, Color preference?

O ya it's going to be a chilly one with a little wind mixed in. I cannot freaking wait for some more #granddaddy prep!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Came across this photo today while running through my phone.

Getting closer fellas!

1a62022d6bf877a2eeb6a06a454fa5d6.jpg

Range sessions have been put on hold... walked home to this after a late night at work
7717774a5c499331c83d27fb92a172ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Range sessions have been put on hold... walked home to this after a late night at work
7717774a5c499331c83d27fb92a172ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Time to focus on putting and chipping. Always something you can still work on!

The pictures of the Hideaway make the course look fake. How can a course look so gorgeous? So well maintained!

Colin, James...
How's that prep coming?
Can't wait to hear about it!

Weather forecast 45 with a chance of moon balls.

4454b64242185e7f47c59715c13aa5e9.jpg

Played 18 today similar weather to Dean, 45*. Wind started kicking up on the back nine pretty strong but prep is prep! Driver has definitely been coming around, I have brought the tempo back a bit and making a much more deliberate swing. Finding a lot more fairways than a month or two ago! Can't believe we only have 2 weeks left as of tomorrow! Insane!

Back