Club Shipping Addresses

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
How many guys have multiple shipping addresses for their new sets of clubs so their wife doesn't find out? Last week I RACED home because I found out I used my home shipping address by mistake! Told my boss I had to get home because of a water leak. I hope I'm not the only guy. :bulgy-eyes:

That's a bold strategy. Easier to just be honest with it as you hope that works both ways.

No thanks...don't need to hide anything

That's a bold strategy. Easier to just be honest with it as you hope that works both ways.

What I do is buy tons of flowers ahead of her finding out....then when she does find out I point to the flowers.

How many guys have multiple shipping addresses for their new sets of clubs so their wife doesn't find out? Last week I RACED home because I found out I used my home shipping address by mistake! Told my boss I had to get home because of a water leak. I hope I'm not the only guy. :bulgy-eyes:

What I do is buy tons of flowers ahead of her finding out....then when she does find out I point to the flowers.

Are you serious?

So far I AM the only guy out here! LOL!

Hahaha, I'm kinda with ya. I have everything shipped to my work address lol.

Hahaha, I'm kinda with ya. I have everything shipped to my work address lol.

My friends ship clubs to my house.....then do a stealth drive-by as I toss them in the trunk lol.

I just ask before I buy anything to make sure it's the best choice for our family. It's more fun when she's excited for me getting something new.

I'm honest with my wife, nothing to hide. That way I don't have to remember everything or what I said and didn't say. She knows how much I like new toys.

Nope. I let the wife know what I’m buying she also gets alerts for any activity on our accounts. Her on the other hand has a different strategy. I find out that she buys stuff because she gets it sent to my work. My boss has brought all sorts of stuff to my office like foot spas, corsets, purses. He finds it amusing.

Oh, so you lied to two people who have current and potentially ongoing future influence in your life. And with a good chance the lies will get caught at least eventually.

And did you drive recklessly while you were preoccupied to beat your wife in the hurry as you "raced" home? No bets on that one and no pats on the back from here either.

My wife is very supportive of my addiction so I have no need to try to hide anything. She knows I am quite conservative with money and as much typically leaves as arrives.

I don’t get my clubs shipped anywhere else, and I don’t hide my clubs. That being said, when I buy new clubs, it tends not to come up in conversation LOL.

#FiberLaunch

my clubs come to my work. if she notices something new, i'll tell her. we both have budgets. i don't care what she spends her budget on, and she doesn't care about what i spend mine on.

not sure why you're getting flamed so hard for this. i've talked to plenty of people on and off thp who do the same thing.

One of the major reason I don’t do wives! Although I would again if I found the right one, lol.

One of the major reason I don’t do wives! Although I would again if I found the right one, lol.

I find it’s not my wife that’s the problem for the lack of new shiny stuff in my golf bag. It’s dollar sapping kids LOL.

#FiberLaunch

I don't always mention when I order something, especially if its a "want" and not a "need". I will try to be there for the package (I can work from home if I want). I'm sure she doesn't mention everything she buys to me either. I don't abuse it but I also try to avoid any confrontation or attitude the best I can.

Before we moved, I’d ship stuff to the office just because some deliveries were going missing in the neighborhood.
Other than that, I don’t know why you’d be that messed up about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my clubs come to my work. if she notices something new, i'll tell her. we both have budgets. i don't care what she spends her budget on, and she doesn't care about what i spend mine on.

not sure why you're getting flamed so hard for this. i've talked to plenty of people on and off thp who do the same thing.

Right...the "everybody does it" argument. That is if you mean the hiding, not just sending them to work for convenience. I'm not saying don't buy if that is fine from both sides, it was the need to deceive and the attitude that it is ok I disagree with.

The OP's says he's got buddies too that use his place as a shipping place and get them in "stealth".

I hope you aren't saying that as " plenty of people" haven't got the courage, decency security in their relationship to be upfront with their spouse or at least feel the need to be deceitful that makes it ok?

No one else has commented that the guy also lied to his boss that he had to rush home due to a water leak. So apparently he also stole company time and opened up the opportunity to get caught up with THAT lie. Perhaps with more imminent potential to his deteriment than lying to his wife, since he indicates he's been caught before and tries to buy off her with flowers.
Edit: Reflecting, he probably had to lie to his boss/coworkers at least once more when presumably he/they asked how he made out with the 'water leak" at home. Very slippery slope.

I'll also add that the OP just started his THP account today and started three threads in an hour. While I agree that I was critical, that flurry of forum activity especially from a newbie also got my radar up, especially when that activity includes at least one thread that would likely stir things up.

Last edited:
Nope, no lying/deceiving here!! If we can't afford it.............well I might still buy it but I will tell her about it!!!

Although I tend to try to get home before the mail runs just to keep from getting the awkward “what did you buy now” face I don’t really try to hide things from my wife. She doesn’t really give me a hard time either. She’s not stupid or blind, so I know she notices the ever growing pile of Golf club boxes In the shed. I handle the money, but she pretty much buys whatever she wants and I buy whatever she says I can. Wait...I mean I pretty much buy whatever I want also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right...the "everybody does it" argument. That is if you mean the hiding, not just sending them to work for convenience. I'm not saying don't buy if that is fine from both sides, it was the need to deceive and the attitude that it is ok I disagree with.

The OP's says he's got buddies too that use his place as a shipping place and get them in "stealth".

I hope you aren't saying that as " plenty of people" haven't got the courage, decency security in their relationship to be upfront with their spouse or at least feel the need to be deceitful that makes it ok?

No one else has commented that the guy also lied to his boss that he had to rush home due to a water leak. So apparently he also stole company time and opened up the opportunity to get caught up with THAT lie. Perhaps with more imminent potential to his deteriment than lying to his wife, since he indicates he's been caught before and tries to buy off her with flowers.
Edit: Reflecting, he probably had to lie to his boss/coworkers at least once more when presumably he/they asked how he made out with the 'water leak" at home. Very slippery slope.

I'll also add that the OP just started his THP account today and started three threads in an hour. While I agree that I was critical, that flurry of forum activity especially from a newbie also got my radar up, especially when that activity includes at least one thread that would likely stir things up.

I'll chalk your comment up to an over-reaction. I try to refrain from personal attacks in a forum that is intended to be a lighthearted discussion about golf.

Yes, I started some threads to get a feel for the forum. 3 of like hundreds. What did my topics "stir up?" They're topics...that's it. I don't demand others agree or disagree with me. I post what i'm interested in the hope others might enjoy discussing. If not, the topic won't get any responses.

Last edited:
Okay guys, lets remember the THP way. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Not everybody will agree, but disagreeing through civil conversation is what we do here.

Starting new threads as a new member is never a bad thing.

Okay guys, lets remember the THP way. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Not everybody will agree, but disagreeing through civil conversation is what we do here.

Starting new threads as a new member is never a bad thing.

Thanks! I was wondering if I broke some rule about # of topics for a new member!

Back