If You Played Agusta National - What Clubs Would You Play

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
If you were invited to play August the day after the Masters...$100 per hole with your buddies...what clubs would you play? They could be new or in your arsenal.

Just the clubs in my bag, can't disrespect Augusta like that lol.

Why change it up? I'd play what's in the sig.

Sounds a little bit like the Grandaddy if you ask me...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My current WITB

They would be brand new top of the line clubs. But I would have them shipped to Augusta so my wife wouldn't know about them. :eyepoke:

:thp: COMING SOON :thp:
:cobra: KING F8 Driver BLACK 9° 44.75"
:cobra: KING F8 3-4 Fairway BLACK 14.5° 43"
:cobra: KING F8 5-6 Fairway BLACK 18° 42.5"
:cobra: KING F8 One Length Hybrid BLACK 19° 37.75"
:cobra: KING Utility BLACK 3-4 23.5° 37.75"
:cobra: KING Forged TEC One Length BLACK 6-GW 37.75"
:cobra: KING Forged One Length Wedge BLACK 56°(55) & 60° 37.75"

The clubs in my bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd definitely game what is currently in my bag.
They would be brand new top of the line clubs. But I would have them shipped to Augusta so my wife wouldn't know about them. :eyepoke:
While I agree with your sentiments in the other thread, can't we just leave that in the other thread? No need to go trolling, and bring that into other threads as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I would play my current set I was comfortable with unless I was being given something and they fit my game.

I don’t know why anyone would play anything other than their own clubs?

#FiberLaunch

I'd play mine but I'd likely pull 5-iron for 25° 5H for better approaches into uphill greens along with the hope to better hold others.

1. I’d never play for $100 a hole...that’d be an $1800 round for me.

2. If I played Augusta I’d buy the cheapest, crappiest boxed set I could find, then spray paint them some obnoxious color.

Augusta and The Masters are the epitome of everything I dislike about golf. I’d be looking to annoy them as much as possible.

2. If I played Augusta I’d buy the cheapest, crappiest boxed set I could find, then spray paint them some obnoxious color.

Augusta and The Masters are the epitome of everything I dislike about golf. I’d be looking to annoy them as much as possible.
Tell us how you really feel :alien:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

i would play whatever was in my bag at the time. it would never cross my mind to buy a new club just to play a specific course. i have, however, bought clubs in anticipation of a thp event, almost always in support of the sponsor.

I would play what I have with the exception of adding a 60 degree wedge which I don't own!

Phil Micklesons clubs. And at $100 a hole, preferably with Phil swinging them.

I'd play with what I know and love.

maaaaaaybe I'd try to sneak a full fitting in somehow if there was something accessible. RIP my shaft choices.

i would play whatever was in my bag at the time. it would never cross my mind to buy a new club just to play a specific course. i have, however, bought clubs in anticipation of a thp event, almost always in support of the sponsor.

Wait…you’ve never bought a club for a specific hole knowing you were going to be playing it soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i asked because i was asked by my buddies after a recent round...and the whole "will Tiger win this year discussion.

We all have a smattering of sets. Me and my buddies have anything from blades to SGI's. Most of us decided we'd probably use the most forgiving clubs we own. And we concluded to include 3-4 iron hybrids. Out of my sets I picked was the G25's because i'm the least paranoid with them vs. my other sets in pressure situations. My current bag is MP-69's which I enjoy playing, but not sure about Augusta...lol.

I'd rock my current WITB. Gotta have confidence going in!

WITB. I've put a lot of care into what is there.

Why change? I'd play what I have.

With the exception of my driver my clubs were bought as an inexpensive set. After I had a driver fitting and got my new driver I found out how clubs selected specifically for you make a big positive difference in your game. Therefore, I would want to get a whole set of clubs that were fitted to me before undertaking this type of adventure.

I would want to stick to the clubs I have been playing and am most familiar with. Same with the ball.

Back