How Old Are Your Grips?

I agree with this 100%, I am using the GP CP2 wrap grips they are nice and tacky when clean but pick up everything off your hands, oil dirt etc.. I wash them every couple of weeks using dawn dish washing soup and a nylon brush my grips are 5 months old and feel like new. I love these grips but the tackiness does go away quickly if you don't keep them clean.
I've got some Lamkin Gripes and they work wonders.

As for me, my grips vary from about a year old to like a week old.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just changed all clubs back to Lamkin Crosslines, used these for years and not sure why I switched. Excellent, inexpensive grip that lasts.

Current grips are 4 months old. Going to swap out next week

I have never kept any clubs/shafts long enough for a grip change, except putters. Now I have changed them just for color if that counts.

i change out every december, once a year. Iomic stickys are my choice of grip.

Mine are 8 or 9 months old. I'm thinking of new irons over the winter or early next year which means new grips at that time. I usually switch them out once every 12-18 months depending on the condition.

About a year old and still in very good shape. Should be able to get at least 6 more months out of them thanks to Gripes.

Brand new Midsize Tour Velvet, came on my custom 716 AP2's!

They should be good for a season!

Last edited:
I change out my Lamkin Crossline's midsizes every season - they get noticeably slippery if I get close to 100 rounds on them...

Grips on the J15 Casts are since January - Lamkin REL 3 Gen.

Grips on the J40 DPC's since July 2014 - Lamkin REL 3 Gen. Played these yesterday for the first time since January of this year. They freshened up with a wet towel to almost like new. Love this grip!

JM

I need to replace my mine ... they get tore up taking them out of my bag (cheap bag) ... I am just too lazy to go get some news and replace them ... I usually get at least 2 yrs out of them ... mainly because I am lazy.

I am thinking its time for new irons though ...

I have clubs dating back to 2007 and haven't changed too many of them for tack. I tend to change them more due to damage than to loss of tack.

I still have the Lamkin UTx grips on my clubs that were put on them at the Grandaddy. Funny thing is, I mentioned to the boys in my group on Friday that I don't love the UTx, but I have 20 I-lines at home waiting to go on clubs when the UTx break down--and it just hasn't happened in the year that I've played them.

Mine are over a yr old and need replaced but I'm holding off till I get a new set of sticks

Brand new.

Just a few months - I replace them one or two times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 50 rounds in on my utx - have the Masters ones I'll throw on for the new year.

Probably about 60 rounds. I plan on changing them out this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From driver through hybrids, brand new (of course the clubs are brand new to me). The irons are original, but still in decent shape and they have only been rotated in and out since I got them. If I don't get new irons this off-season, I will re-grip before next year.

How in the name of hades have you done that. It seems to defy logic, seriously.

I install a new set every year. I am surprised grips can last that long. I must be using crappy grips then!

I have some golf prides that came with my irons that are two years old. Seem fine to me, not showing much wear, however I will replace them before next spring.

My driver grip has been replaced twice this year, I was using a softer grip that wore pretty quick.

The grips on my irons are about 2.5 years old and they're still going strong. They're the Callaway Lamkin crosslines.

From driver through hybrids, brand new (of course the clubs are brand new to me). The irons are original, but still in decent shape and they have only been rotated in and out since I got them. If I don't get new irons this off-season, I will re-grip before next year.

Just re-gripped my Razr X irons and put them back in the bag, so all of my grips are brand new.

Back