Anyone got the callaway xr deep fairway?

zooropa

Reaction score
Handicap
Haven't seen any reports about these. Anyone hit it? As I thought the x2 deep was night and day better than the mini sldr I have this as a must try. And I know most don't like it I love that it has the chevron!

I believe the launch date for these was yesterday along with the XR Pro driver. Might be a few guys switching soon for reviews to start funneling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't hit it yet but I'm a huge fan of the Callaway Deep line. I hit about 75% of my par 4 & par 5 tee shots with my X2 Hot 2Deep and I can't foresee anything knocking it out of my bag. Unfortunately I believe the XR Deep is only available in 1 loft and I don't have any need for a 14 degree. The XR Pro fairways are amazing - I have one on order in a 16*.

Haven't hit it yet but I'm a huge fan of the Callaway Deep line. I hit about 75% of my par 4 & par 5 tee shots with my X2 Hot 2Deep and I can't foresee anything knocking it out of my bag. Unfortunately I believe the XR Deep is only available in 1 loft and I don't have any need for a 14 degree. The XR Pro fairways are amazing - I have one on order in a 16*.
I really wanted the XR Pro fairway woods but being that I'm left handed i have one choice - 14 degrees. I really liked the looks of it. Too bad I cannot get them in other lofts in a LH configuration. The deep unfortunately is the same situation. I was really looking forward to demoing all the XR Pro clubs yesterday but as usual LH really limits me. So with that being said, I have 815 fairway woods in 14 deg and 16 deg on order so I can loft down the 14 to 13 deg and loft up the 16 to 18 deg. Unfortunately again it's buying without hitting because no one has them locally in LH demo clubs.

Now with that being said, my instructor got to hit the XR Deep when the rep was in Wednesday and LOVED it. He was getting 260+ with no effort. He's never been a Callaway fan but gushes over the XR line of drivers and woods.

I'm going to hit them today at PGA SS. I want to grab a deep 14* to replace my 3w and Pro 16* or 18* and ditch my 2h. I never hit my 2h as it's a tweener on the yardage and I think I'd be better with a 'mini' driver and a 4/5 wood instead.

I'm pondering a 2Deep to replace my driver.

Ordered one shafted with Diamana Kai'li 80X. Will get it in a few weeks, can't wait. Should be a rocket launcher

I put this club head to head with the Aero Burner tp this evening. Solid club but didn't produce the numbers, for me, that the Aero did. Sets ups great and feels good.

Anyone able to post a pic of this at address with a ball, please? Anyone know the cc's of this?

Any updates on this? Is there a review thread I missed? And why, oh why, didn't they make it in a 5 Deep? My X2 Hot 5 Deep is turning silver from use.

Any updates on this? Is there a review thread I missed? And why, oh why, didn't they make it in a 5 Deep? My X2 Hot 5 Deep is turning silver from use.

Hey, bit late on this one! I played the XR Deep 14deg with Kai'li 80X and it was a thing of beauty. I've struggled with 3-woods for a long time and I find this one to very comfortable to hit. It sets up square and flat, and was easily 10 yards longer than my i15 14deg. I love the finish and how there is no alignment aid, just looks clean. The size makes it easy to play off the tee, but I had no issues off the deck too.

Hey katman, I'm actually thinking of getting the X2 5deep for next season. I've heard nothing but good things about it

Back