Decorative backings...

wgist87

Hack n' Slash
Reaction score
Handicap
Ive got a set of Mizuno JPX EZ, love them, but i think the back is cheesy.

Removed the one from the 5i and its just adhesived on. Just tinkering on this cold saturday and being a bit of a metal hobbyist in my spare time im wanting to do swirl machining and stamping in the cavity.

Question is, will removal of the backing and subsequent swirling/stamping ruin the playability of these clubs?
b49b58b7d2e84f3da16cc05879d40be1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about Mizuno but ping adds weighs inside the cavity badging to adjust to the correct swingweight

Didnt notice any weights, its all one piece plastic

In this instance, the one thing it will do is drastically change the sound and feel of the club. We are talking about just a minimal amount of weight, but you have to be cognizant that part, because it can alter swing weight. The best way to find out what to do is to hit the club that you removed a few times before altering it further. It will give you an idea of what you can expect.

Definently planning on testing it, i knew sound would be a variable. I wasnt sure if anyone had ever done similar to their irons.

How did you remove the backing ? What tools did you use ? I was looking for this operation too .... many thanks :alien2: ..... do u have more pictures ?

Back