Calling all Carolinians

This rain nonsense has got to stop! I played a quick 9 Friday, there wasn't a dry hole among them all, several drives I had to move to somewhere that wasn't complete mud. In the last few weeks I've lost a half dozen balls that have landed in the fairway and just sunk in. The wetness is also causing an issue with getting the rough cut back. The mowers are sinking in, and since they can't cut, the rough has gotten ridiculous.

And it rained all night here to. I didn't even consider getting out for my normal Sunday afternoon round.

Agreed. I was going to hit up Knight's Play this afternoon for a round, but remembered the rain and the couple of moats that form, and didn't. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was actually up that way last weekend, my uncle made mention of playing Knight's Play sometime. We were up moving his old office stuff out.

I was actually up that way last weekend, my uncle made mention of playing Knight's Play sometime. We were up moving his old office stuff out.
It is a lot of fun to play all 27 holes at once. Message me here if you are up this way, and if I'm around I'll definitely join.

It is a lot of fun to play all 27 holes at once. Message me here if you are up this way, and if I'm around I'll definitely join.

I'll have to do that sometime. I'll be up there in a couple weeks on the 5th to see the Hurricanes play, but I don't think I'll have time to play that day.

Might be time for a get together at the Dormie club, man what a great course it is. e could even open it up to non Carolinians too, the bigger the better here.

Might be time for a get together at the Dormie club, man what a great course it is. e could even open it up to non Carolinians too, the bigger the better here.
Would be an amazing get together that is for sure

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, it must be that time of year again.........

After playing some decent golf for a few months, shooting high 80's, low 90's consistently, I have lost my swing completely again for no apparent reason. I played horribly last weekend and just chalked it up to a bad round. Went out and played yesterday and it was even worse. I'd hate to admit this, but actually whiffed the ball twice yesterday and shanked at least 5 shots.

Oh well, it's happened to me a few times before and it always comes back although it's a painful process.

I don't play nearly as well over the winter. Once the grass starts losing it's fullness I just can't seem to compress the ball without being on a razor edge between solid contact and s****ing the ball.

Yesterday I shot a 95 and came away optimistic if you can believe that. Friday was so horrible, it wouldn't take much to improve on but at least yesterday didn't feel like I had never hit a golf ball before.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It's in the 70's here today, I think I'm gonna go out and walk some holes!

It's in the 70's here today, I think I'm gonna go out and walk some holes!
Yeah, yesterday was nice ... wish I could have gotten out but the honeydo list (and this cold) had me swamped. Hope to make it out later in the week though.

I wonder who from this area will be signup up for Club Clash and make the trek to a special resort for an incredible weekend.

I wonder who from this area will be signup up for Club Clash and make the trek to a special resort for an incredible weekend.
Maybe if I can groove a righty driver swing. ;)

Maybe if I can groove a righty driver swing. ;)
You and me both brother. Driver is the one club I don't have in the bag at the moment, otherwise it'd be a serious ponder. THP is making it difficult to pick and choose in regards to "What events do you want to sign up for?" because they're all spectacular!

Work and school. :/

Sup!!!! Working and being a Dad and buying a house. I have not been playing much at all. I'm really hoping for another get together after the New Years.

I'll be in Raleigh right after New Years. 3rd thru 5th. May be able to head up on the 2nd for a round as well.

Maybe we can get a New Years round in at the Dormie club?

Maybe we can get a New Years round in at the Dormie club?
Bout a 2 hour drive for me, but looks like I'll only be available on the 3rd (Sunday). So if that doesn't work for everyone else, don't worry about it.

Bout a 2 hour drive for me, but looks like I'll only be available on the 3rd (Sunday). So if that doesn't work for everyone else, don't worry about it.
That day actually works the best for me as well. If you are in Raleigh I will gladly grab you and we can ride down together

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back