Calling all Carolinians

Got out to CCSC for a quick 9. +3 with a couple doubles. Felt super weak though, I started working out with a friend of mine this past week, my arms felt like jelly.

Chamber of Commerce tourney today. Played in the morning flight, ended up 11 under, 18 after handicaps. Winning team was -22, tough to think we were that close and burning edges all round long.

Half of DCC is saturated, so the back 9 is off limits for who knows how long. The front nine screams "Come play and catch malaria" the mosquitoes are so thick. Those 1000 year rains can stick it where the sun don't shine.

It's November and the bug spray was out in mass quantities today. I wish it would go ahead and freeze once to kill off the skeeters.

CCSC has gotten over the bad rains from weeks ago, but all the rain this week has the water levels really high again. The creek that meanders through the back 9 was so high you could walk into it, where you'd normally have to jump 5-6 feet down to get wet.

I'm playing in a charity tournament at Legacy tomorrow. I hope it drains well so that we won't be cart path only all day. I like that course a lot and the other THPers that played out there with us liked it a lot also. I just don't want it to be a soggy mess.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm playing in a charity tournament at Legacy tomorrow. I hope it drains well so that we won't be cart path only all day. I like that course a lot and the other THPers that played out there with us liked it a lot also. I just don't want it to be a soggy mess.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Loved that course

I'm gonna try and play tomorrow as well but I'm afraid its gonna be a mess with another inch of rain we got today.

Raining today, natch. Hoping to get at least 18 in on Wednesday (after honey-do lists and services), but not sure what -if any- golf courses are going to be in any decent shape to play on.

CCSC is soggy in a couple places (I lost a couple balls from them sinking in), but mostly playable. Greens are doing exceptionally well.

I wonder what Traces looks like. 10 to 1 the Woodlands nine is closed.

i don't care to play at all with as much rain as we've had. kudos to you guys.
I escaped to MD, and the rain followed. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Looking for a course to play in western NC. Any suggestions?

Western as in Asheville or Boone?
Well we are coming back from Nashville and want to play a round on monday so really anywhere is the area

If you want to detour off of I-40 a little bit, I would definitely suggest Sequoyah National Golf Club in Cherokee. Also Silver Creek Plantation in Morganton is usually decent and not far off I-40. I'm sure those that live in Western NC may be able to offer some other courses but these two are solid.

http://www.sequoyahnational.com/
http://www.silvercreekplantation.com/

You might give Rock Barn a look. It is just east of Hickory and normally runs a decent special in Golfnow. The Jones course hosts a Sr Tour tournament each year and should be in very good shape.

Well we are coming back from Nashville and want to play a round on monday so really anywhere is the area

There are two at a resort in Sevierville that Bobby introduced me too, they are only a few miles off of 40 and are great tracks, tough, good conditions, and reasonable pricing.

http://www.seviervillegolfclub.com/ watchy out, some holes will bite lol.

I played Sequoya National about 3 weeks ago. I enjoyed it.

There are some great views and elevation changes.

a4b0e682c0de4d42d0ff053f3ecaeb77.jpg

I played Sequoya National about 3 weeks ago. I enjoyed it.

There are some great views and elevation changes.

a4b0e682c0de4d42d0ff053f3ecaeb77.jpg

By far my favorite course in the Carolinas, great pic!

By far my favorite course in the Carolinas, great pic!

Spectacular views on a lot of holes. I'm hoping to do a review on it soon as I took a lot of photos. It definitely challenges you off the tee and you can't be too far off on your approach shots or you will find trouble there too.

Thanks guys we are playing Tot Hill on Saturday on the way to Nashville and Sequoyah National may get the play on monday

Thanks guys we are playing Tot Hill on Saturday on the way to Nashville and Sequoyah National may get the play on monday
Two fun courses! Hit em well.

Need recommendations for a good club builder around Raleigh to swap shafts for me before Christmas.

Back