Long Island Golf - What are the best courses within reasonable distance from NYC?

SHOWBOAT12

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All - Looking for suggestions on the best courses within reasonable distance of NYC via the LIRR or LIRR + short Uber ride. My buddies don't always want to play like I do, so I'm trying to find courses I can get to on a Saturday or Sunday by myself. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Lots closer than taking a train along Long Island if you don't mind the subway or playing a public course. Dyker Beach, Forest Park, Pelham Split Rock, Van Cortlandt are all very easy to get to from the city, Trump Ferry Point at a push, though Uber would be better suited.

If you do want to get out to Long Island then Bethpage is a train ride to Bethpage or Farmingdale Stations and you have a choice of 5 courses.

Using Uber and Douglaston and Clearview are doable, not sure I'd go much further than that in an Uber from the city if I am honest.

Further along Long Island, Mill Pond, Pine Ridge, Wind Watch, Holbrook Country Club, Middle Island, Spring Lake, Willow Creek and Stonebridge CG, many more. All along the main LIE, near enough to train station and a simple taxi/Uber ride to each. Played them all and are my usual go to course in the summer months.

Good luck finding what you need :clap:

Bethpage is the obvious, but Eisenhower park has a couple of nice courses too.

To me Suffolk County had some of the best.

West Sayville
Timber point
Spring Lake
Crab Meadow
Pine hills
Indian Island
Swan Lake
Rock Hill
Montauk Downs

LIRR from Penn station can get you near many courses and a cab ride to the course.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Back