How do you think World rankings would look if the Pro's always played Match Play?

greg19

Reaction score
Handicap
Growing!
As the title asks, do you think the standings would look the same or be different? We have seen so many upsets this week and I believe it shows just how close in talent all these guys are. Are some players just better at match play than the top guys in the field or is 1 tournament too small of a sample to really make that call? After a few weeks would water seek it's own level and we see the current top 10 players still in the top 10?

As the title asks, do you think the standings would look the same or be different? We have seen so many upsets this week and I believe it shows just how close in talent all these guys are. Are some players just better at match play than the top guys in the field or is 1 tournament too small of a sample to really make that call? After a few weeks would water seek it's own level and we see the current top 10 players still in the top 10?

Yes, some players are better at Match Play vs Stroke play - it’s a different type of gamesmanship as well

I love matchplay, reminds me of HS Golf.

That being said, I think for the most part, we'd see world rankings pretty similar to what we see now.

Patrick Reed would actually be top 5.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tiger would shoot up the world rankings. His galleries would put any of his competition at a disadvantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question. I think you'd see quite a few different players at the top. Lots of guys can put together a good round, but not so many can put together four in four days.

Ian Poulter would be a Hall of Famer.

Interesting question. I think you'd see quite a few different players at the top. Lots of guys can put together a good round, but not so many can put together four in four days.

Didn't the top 4 have to play something like 8 rounds in 5 days?

Unpopular take - I like Ian Poulter because he's a pompous ass. Don't @me.

I respect his match play skill. The man plays match play way better than he does stroke play.

Back