The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really any different from when Liverpool played a soccer match there or they had the Winter Classic or college hockey games there over the years. Novelty event for sure. Big bucks for ND and Fenway ownership though, so it might happen again in 10 years.

Or when they played football there nearly 100 years ago. I definitely don't see it tarnishing Fenway in any way.

Top 4 the same..big10 has 4 of top 12 not too bad

Top 4 the same..big10 has 4 of top 12 not too bad

Seems like the B1G had the same scheduling intent as the Big 12 with a backloaded schedule. Makes for a fun last couple weeks.

I don't think it happens, but it would be interesting to see what happens to Michigan if it's able to beat OSU and Iowa. I wonder if the committee gives them a bump for the freakish loss to MSU.

I got an email from the nd ticket office that bc returned tickets. Wish that would've happened sooner. We were thinking about making the trip.

I guess bc made it too expensive to be able to purchase the tickets and it backfired on them.

Between Notre Dame actually being the "home" team for this game as well the Red Sox being involved since they own Fenway Park, I have no doubt the ticket prices were sky high for this game. BC isn't very good this year, and it's much cheaper for their fans to attend games at BC's stadium as opposed to Fenway Park.

Seems like the B1G had the same scheduling intent as the Big 12 with a backloaded schedule. Makes for a fun last couple weeks.

I don't think it happens, but it would be interesting to see what happens to Michigan if it's able to beat OSU and Iowa. I wonder if the committee gives them a bump for the freakish loss to MSU.

I like this mans thinking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested to see what happens when Tosu finally plays a ranked team....

I'm interested to see what happens when Tosu finally plays a ranked team....

I would say most OSU fans are too. I know I am. MSU will be a hard team to beat, and I'm just glad we have them at home.

I'm hoping they make the B1G championship, as I think iowa matches up really well against them (for once)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Osu is a 13 point fav??

Id take sparty and the points

I would say most OSU fans are too. I know I am. MSU will be a hard team to beat, and I'm just glad we have them at home.

I don't think it will be close, I bet OSU wins it by 14

Three game season for Ohio state. Playing three quality opponents. Win all three and you make the playoffs. Lose 1 and you are out. The Buckeyes are last year's Seminoles. Now is your chance to win quality games.

Three game season for Ohio state. Playing three quality opponents. Win all three and you make the playoffs. Lose 1 and you are out. The Buckeyes are last year's Seminoles. Now is your chance to win quality games.

Worded perfectly. Time to put up or shut up

Agree that it's most likely one loss and out, but I feel we are far from last years FSU. No one thought they even deserved to be close to the top 4 from the start of the initial playoff rankings. We're still getting a ton of first place votes from every poll. Can a one loss OSU get in? Highly doubtful unless the loss is this week. Very very slim chance after that, but if we then absolutely demolish Michigan and Iowa, and everyone else loses as well, there is a very small chance we could sneak back in. I'm just glad we control our own destiny. MSU will be tough.

Agree that it's most likely one loss and out, but I feel we are far from last years FSU. No one thought they even deserved to be close to the top 4 from the start of the initial playoff rankings. We're still getting a ton of first place votes from every poll. Can a one loss OSU get in? Highly doubtful unless the loss is this week. Very very slim chance after that, but if we then absolutely demolish Michigan and Iowa, and everyone else loses as well, there is a very small chance we could sneak back in. I'm just glad we control our own destiny. MSU will be tough.

I think they have played very similarly to last years FSU team to this point. They have beat a bunch of bad teams by too slim a margin, but i think they are much closer to putting it all together than FSU was. And this closing portion of the season gives them the chance to show that.

I think they have played very similarly to last years FSU team to this point. They have beat a bunch of bad teams by too slim a margin, but i think they are much closer to putting it all together than FSU was. And this closing portion of the season gives them the chance to show that.

22.6 average margin of victory, ranked 4th in the nation. Behind Houston and two Big 12 teams that don't play defense.

Interesting.

22.6 average margin of victory, ranked 4th in the nation. Behind Houston and two Big 12 teams that don't play defense.

Interesting.
57th strength of schedule so far. Pretty weak really. About to get a lot tougher. Time to show what you are really made of. Like I said earlier, a 3 game schedule now.

Interesting.

I think that stat hides some games in which OSU struggle when it shouldn't have. Northern Illinois and Indiana scores can get buried behind the Rutgers and Penn State beat downs.

OSU has a great team this year with a ton of early NFL picks. The media has the narrative, though, that OSU is like FSU last year, because it's an easy one. I don't think it's fitting, but it is what it is.

OSU is going to win by 2-3 TD's this weekend IMO. MSU is a good team, but Cook isn't 100% and the defense won't be able to contain OSU's vertical passing game, similar to last year.

I don't understand why OSU would get so much grief for a close game against NIU; that's a decent team and a good program in the MAC. Indiana I'll agree with because their defense is horrific.

Interesting.

And against Big 10 teams who have abysmal offenses. OSU has only played 2 top 50 offenses this year (Western Michigan & NIU), based on points scored.

Not saying you're wrong, but if you are going to take a shot at Baylor and OU for their defense, which OU has a pretty good defense this year, then you also have to look at the cause for OSU's large margin of victory.

I guess we'll see.

I guess we'll see.

To be fair, OSU fans said the exact same thing about FSU last year.
While I dont agree with either, its kind of par for the course for college football.

I guess we'll see.

No doubt. These last 3+ weeks of the season will be some of the best in a long time. The Big 12 and Big 10 all have some insanely great match ups coming up!

Between Notre Dame actually being the "home" team for this game as well the Red Sox being involved since they own Fenway Park, I have no doubt the ticket prices were sky high for this game. BC isn't very good this year, and it's much cheaper for their fans to attend games at BC's stadium as opposed to Fenway Park.

From a post on /r/cfb
Shamrock Series games are home games for ND. ND will return to Boston to play at Chestnull Hill in 2017. Even though Fenway will only hold about 38k - ND still allotted the usual amount to an opposing team - 5k. BC then turned around sold their tickets to the highest bidder (you had to donate 5k a year to be eligible to buy the tickets and each ticket was $400 on top of the donation)
I know a lot of people are complaining about ND being the home team, but I don't have much sympathy for BC cause they just raised $2million dollars off ticket sales alone. My cousin is a BC grad & donor and was pretty pissed that it would cost her $1600 to take a family of 4 to see the ND vs BC game.

And against Big 10 teams who have abysmal offenses. OSU has only played 2 top 50 offenses this year (Western Michigan & NIU), based on points scored.

Not saying you're wrong, but if you are going to take a shot at Baylor and OU for their defense, which OU has a pretty good defense this year, then you also have to look at the cause for OSU's large margin of victory.

Is is it abysmal offenses or just good defense? I know sparty had no trouble putting up points against Oregon and I can't think of any other OOC games they had where it was an issue, other than Minnesota .

Ohio states offense is definitely lethargic right now and isn't near where it was last year at the end of the season but I think abysmal might be a little harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back