Davenport Florida area courses

oiler3535

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all. My wife’s parents just spent a week in Davenport. They got home and say they would like the entire family to join them next year. Now while a place nowhere near an ocean to snorkel in is not my idea of a winter break vacation, a day or 2 at an Orlando park and lots of golf seems a pretty good consolation (disappointed Star Wars land not opening until later in the year). So,
a) good courses within an hour drive to play that are worth the money? As Florida in a shared house will be cheap, im okay spending on golf if a fun, and/or difficult track. Been told by a fellow Canadian that Highland Reserve a well priced fun track. Southern Dunes their choice for favourite. And listed Reunion, Champions Gate and Orange County National as good resort type courses. Others to put on my list to research?

b)long shot but any way to find a “cheap” round at Sawgrass? I’d do the 3hr trip to play if could get something ‘reasonably’ priced.

There is Championsgate very close a for a nice cheap course Highland Reserve is also right there within 5 miles

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Had those 2 on the list. What would you say is the hardest course in the area?

I guess the International at Championsgate if you mean the Davenport area. If you mean all over the Orlando area others would have better info.

Southern Dunes followed by Highland Reserve is a great 36 hole day. Within An hour you have all kinds of options. Lots of great resort courses in Orlando, Streamsonf to the South, Bella Colina, and many more.

I guess the International at Championsgate if you mean the Davenport area. If you mean all over the Orlando area others would have better info.

Close to Davenport ideal, but I don’t know the area at all. An hour to drive is no big deal.

Close to Davenport ideal, but I don’t know the area at all. An hour to drive is no big deal.
Within 15 minutes you have quite a few options, a few that I would look at are
Southern Dunes-among my favorite in Orlando area
Highlands Reserve-usually in excellent shape and a really fun design that is pretty easy to score ok on, very reasonable price
Championsgate CC- new course that I have heard great things about, haven't played.
Providence- another affordable course I enjoy. Conditions vary but I had heard good things last year, haven't played it in years.
Championsgate courses, not my favorite but many really enjoy them.
Diamondback- I've never played it but it is supposed to be lethally difficult.

You are just outside Orlando, so all of the courses that were discussed in previous Orlando do threads would be options going just a but farther. Streamsong would be an option going the other way, and if you wanted to play an enjoyable classic Ross, Lake Wales Country Club is straight south.

Within 15 minutes you have quite a few options, a few that I would look at are
Southern Dunes-among my favorite in Orlando area
Highlands Reserve-usually in excellent shape and a really fun design that is pretty easy to score ok on, very reasonable price
Championsgate CC- new course that I have heard great things about, haven't played.
Providence- another affordable course I enjoy. Conditions vary but I had heard good things last year, haven't played it in years.
Championsgate courses, not my favorite but many really enjoy them.
Diamondback- I've never played it but it is supposed to be lethally difficult.

You are just outside Orlando, so all of the courses that were discussed in previous Orlando do threads would be options going just a but farther. Streamsong would be an option going the other way, and if you wanted to play an enjoyable classic Ross, Lake Wales Country Club is straight south.

Silly question: is there a difference between Championsgate CC and the other Championsgate you mention?

Silly question: is there a difference between Championsgate CC and the other achampionsgate you mention?
Yes, I don't think there is a connection other than in close proximity. The CC is off 27 and is in a neighborhood, while the other Championsgate courses are resort courses.

Any of the Disney courses worth the price?

Back