2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense joe, but I was power lifting before you were born and it not required

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
No offense taken. If you didn't t need it, you didn't need it. But it isn't a crutch either.

How come every single elite powerlifter uses it then?-
Every elite golfer uses a glove, does that mean you can only play good golf wearing a glove?

That's what it is. Goblets are much easier to learn than front squats, but front squats are more fun
Ahh ok, now I gotcha. My routine has me doing them for these first 2 weeks then switching to front squats, which makes sense after you mentioned they are easier to learn. Love learning new stuff!

Every elite golfer uses a glove, does that mean you can only play good golf wearing a glove?

I wouldn't know, I wear two hahahah

No offense taken. If you didn't t need it, you didn't need it. But it isn't a crutch either.
Crutch was not the right word. If you keep a towel with you, you don't have to use chalk. If you want to that's fine but again I will say it's not required

Crutch was not the right word. If you keep a towel with you, you don't have to use chalk. If you want to that's fine but again I will say it's not required

You're right, required it is not. But no respectable gym disallows it.

Also to note, chalk isn't only used for moisture management.

The amount of weight most people goblet squat isn't anywhere near as heavy as what they can back or front squat. The range of motion isn't any bigger. Just given the amount of weight you use for the goblet squat, they shouldn't be that hard.
The range of motion may be greater because of the lower amount of weight. Lot of people do not get deep enough when they start adding weight. I have to pay a lot of attention to it. Get deeper and get sore.

The range of motion may be greater because of the lower amount of weight. Lot of people do not get deep enough when they start adding weight. I have to pay a lot of attention to it. Get deeper and get sore.
Correct. A lot of people cut off depth when the weight gets heavy. I also believe most people don't know how to get depth and a lot of trainers don't care as long as the checks clear.

rogue-dog-sled-1.2-lg.jpg
Wish my gym had one of these and a place to use. When you mention Rogue in here, a lot of people probably think you are talking about a shaft.

Wish my gym had one of these and a place to use. When you mention Rogue in here, a lot of people probably think you are talking about a shaft.
To be fair, our prowler isn't a Rogue, but it is awesome

00cc4b622cf10c5e9066e85fcd36ae57.jpg

To be fair, our prowler isn't a Rogue, but it is awesome

00cc4b622cf10c5e9066e85fcd36ae57.jpg
Would love to have one of those. My gym is pretty well equipped, but sadly none of these or competition kettlebells. Two things i miss from my old gym. I have seen guys resort to taking a bench, flip it over, put weights on it, and push it across the carpeted area of a gym.

Would love to have one of those. My gym is pretty well equipped, but sadly none of these or competition kettlebells. Two things i miss from my old gym. I have seen guys resort to taking a bench, flip it over, put weights on it, and push it across the carpeted area of a gym.
Wait, there are such things as competition kettlebells ?

Power cleans and deads tonight.

Wait, there are such things as competition kettlebells ?
Oh yeah, much easier to use especially for the events that have for kettle bells. Long cycle, jerk, snatch, and biathlon. Color coated based on weight, and different shaped handles. Did a long cycle competition a couple of years ago, one of the toughest things I have ever done.

The guys really into this are more fanatical that golfers. They record their training sessions and critique all the different aspects of their technique.

image_9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh yeah, much easier to use especially for the events that have for kettle bells. Long cycle, jerk, snatch, and biathlon. Color coated based on weight, and different shaped handles. Did a long cycle competition a couple of years ago, one of the toughest things I have ever done.

image_9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I do like how the heaviest one is pink

Very well done.

Hardcore tonight. No seriously I put a huge emphasis on my core and it was hard.

What's you're "core" routine look like?

For the most part it's standard stuff.
Sit up's with a twist
Cable crunches
barbell twists while sitting
the odd one that is killer for me I get on the sit up bench and move my body from a 45 degree angle to a 75 degree angle and grab a 45 pound bar and paddle like I do when I kayak.

Sit up's with a twist
Cable crunches
the odd one that is killer for me I get on the sit up bench and move my body from a 45 degree angle to a 75 degree angle and grab a 45 pound bar and paddle like I do when I kayak.
Do you do anything standing? Believe it or not, an overhead barbell press is a killer core lift. Also, don't forget your low back. Glute/ham bridges and ham raises should be in there as well, especially if you're going to use that much isolation training.

Sit up's with a twist
Cable crunches
Add some hanging leg raises in there

Do you do anything standing? Believe it or not, an overhead barbell press is a killer core lift. Also, don't forget your low back. Glute/ham bridges and ham raises should be in there as well, especially if you're going to use that much isolation training.

I use that back extension piece of equipment head on and both sides. I have to google a lot when you use the proper terms and the glute/ham bridge I do during commercial break when I'm watching tv. I'll try the overhead barbell press tomorrow morning and let you know my thoughts.

Add some hanging leg raises in there

Right now I swing a lot when I do it so I use the piece of equipment I do my dips on and you can post your back against the pad.

I use that back extension piece of equipment head on and both sides. I have to google a lot when you use the proper terms and the glute/ham bridge I do during commercial break when I'm watching tv. I'll try the overhead barbell press tomorrow morning and let you know my thoughts.
Remember, your core's primary job is too keep you upright. That's my take at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back