4th Annual California Classic (UnOfficial)

Wonton

Sphincter says what?
Reaction score
Handicap
# Ish
99202a67e0c3af70248ed9800494201b.jpg

(Logo created by our own, itsOpeningDay aka Adam)

Hello, good folks of California! Welcome to the 2018 California Classic Unofficial Thread!

We are keeping this fun tradition going!
All of the info and chatter will be in this thread so please, don't be shy to share your thoughts.

Anyone can join us! A scratch player to a weekend Hacker; whatever your skill set is, you can be part of this! Remember this is all for FUN and the Enjoyment of each other's company. BUT there's a Team Trophy!
Will Team SoCal reclaim the trophy that was lost Two years ago or will Team NorCal Three-peat?
39d4df6190319707a2b34efa3e7db073.jpg

Now, for those of you outside of California and don't care for this North vs. South rivalry... don't despair. You can play for whom ever you want as long as it's evenly numbered when the outing is around the corner.

Each day will have Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive competitions. Usually the winners get prizes (small things like a sleeve of balls, hats, ball marker, etc. Any donations to contribute to prizes are always appreciated)

Team Captains will match-up players accordingly to our Handicaps (you don't need an Official Handicap Rating. A general idea of what your's be!)
Here's a FREE Handicap Tracker. It's a good one!
https://www.thegrint.com/

When/Where:
Day 1
7bf4b74992f9a8ebae3f7c9014beca51.jpg

Date
: Saturday - 11/10/2018

Course: Indian Wells - Celebrity Course - Yellow
Tees (71.0/127), 6339 yards
Address: 44500 Indian Wells Ln, Indian Wells, CA 92210
Price: $139

Day 2
8ca4562c9fe2d8863a8e33ce80843a38.jpg

Date: Sunday - 11/11/2018
Course:
Shadow Ridge GC -
Gold Tees (69.6/125), 6204 yards
Address: 9002 Shadow Ridge Rd, Palm Desert, CA 92211
Price: $159

The Players:

NorCal
1. RadRob
2. mr.hicksta (Captain)
3. mancest
4. Campbell Toe (Assistant Captain)
5. Breaking 79
6. SouthernShred (Sat only)
7. Caliari

SoCal
1. SourMash (Captain)
2. Sandiegonative (Sat only-Assistant Captain)
3. Mike27t
4. ken_h
5. Papatortuga
6. Schanker
7. CenturyHack
8. Wonton
9. iCorso
10. Galen Marek
11. Pmm21
12. Alez367 (Sat Only)

Tee Times/Pairings:
Indian Wells
1000 - mr.hicksta, Mike27t, RadRob, CenturyHack
1010 - Campbell Toe, sourmash, Breaking 79, pmm21
1020 - SouthernShred, sandiegonative, ken_h, Galen Marek
1030 - mancest, Wonton, iCorso, Alez367
1040 - Caliari, Schanker, Papatortuga

Shadow Ridge
757 - Breaking 79, Wonton, mr.hicksta, Galen Marek
807 - RadRob, pmm21, Caliari, Papatortuga
817 - mancest, CenturyHack, sourmash, Schanker
827 - Campbell Toe, ken_h, Mike27t, iCorso

Last edited:
did you just put yourself under NorCal team?

And i'm in for SoCal team

did you just put yourself under NorCal team?

And i'm in for SoCal team
Well, it's the only way that he can be on the winning team.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

In for SoCal.

Count me IN. Whenever, wherever unless it would be cause for termination (work) or divorce (wife).

I'm in for SoCal, even though I'm 0-3 against the NorCal juggernaut. This time for sure!

Please put me down for Team Nor Cal.

And I'm in for SoCal.

In for Norcal

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like I even need to reply. In for NorCal!

13 votes so far on, Palm Springs/Desert or Inland Empire or Temecula area. Very nice! Keep em coming.

13 votes so far on, Palm Springs/Desert or Inland Empire or Temecula area. Very nice! Keep em coming.

I think some of you that know things might want to comment on costs between these areas depending on the time of year. Unless we go in the Summer I think Palm Desert is going to be expensive.... not sure on Riverside or Temecula.

Also, is there a Jocko's equivalent in Palm Desert, Inland Empire or Temecula areas?
I'm down with Sizzlers too! :hungry:

I think some of you that know things might want to comment on costs between these areas depending on the time of year. Unless we go in the Summer I think Palm Desert is going to be expensive.... not sure on Riverside or Temecula.
Pricing doesn't change in the IE or Temecula as the seasons change. With the exception of Journey at Pechanga and Oak Quarry, everything in both areas are $75 and under/round.

Pricing doesn't change in the IE or Temecula as the seasons change. With the exception of Journey at Pechanga and Oak Quarry, everything in both areas are $75 and under/round.
And Oak Quarry usually runs about 80-90 on weekend mornings. Journey is in the 160 range.

And Oak Quarry usually runs about 80-90 on weekend mornings. Journey is in the 160 range.

Then could we do Journey in the afternoon Saturday and Oak Quarry Sunday morning?

Also, is there a Jocko's equivalent in Palm Desert, Inland Empire or Temecula areas?
I'm down with Sizzlers too! :hungry:
Texas Lils in Temecula is pretty awesome. It's not Jockos good, but it's tasty and the atmosphere is chill. Down home cookin.

Anything you could want can be found in the ie. Want awesome burgers with one of the biggest bars around, Slaters 50/50 in Rancho Cucamonga (15-20 minutes up the 15) has one of the largest microbrew selections around.

Then could we do Journey in the afternoon Saturday and Oak Quarry Sunday morning?
Journey is in Temecula. Oak Quarry is in northern Riverside. They're about an hour apart from each other, but anything is possible.

If we’re closer to summer months then I’m in for Palm Springs area. If it’s closer to winter months then definitely riverside / Temecula area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good point, but I have generally found Desert courses to be a bargain compared to LA. There are so many courses out there to pick from. The top dog resort courses can charge a lot, but step down a grade and things get interesting. Time of year does matter, though.

Here is a sampling from my GolfNow/TeeOff purchase history:

Marriott Desert Springs Sun 1/8/18: $53
Desert Willow Firecliff Sun 9/24/17: $40
Heritage Palms Sat 9/23/17: $35
Marriott Shadow Ridge Sun 5/14/17: $48
Westin Mission Hills Pete Dye Sat 5/13/17: $35

If we’re closer to summer months then I’m in for Palm Springs area. If it’s closer to winter months then definitely riverside / Temecula area.

Agree. If it’s going to be May-October then we would be able to find some good deals in the desert. November-April look east of Los Angeles.

This is a good point, but I have generally found Desert courses to be a bargain compared to LA. There are so many courses out there to pick from. The top dog resort courses can charge a lot, but step down a grade and things get interesting. Time of year does matter, though.

Here is a sampling from my GolfNow/TeeOff purchase history:

Marriott Desert Springs Sun 1/8/18: $53
Desert Willow Firecliff Sun 9/24/17: $40
Heritage Palms Sat 9/23/17: $35
Marriott Shadow Ridge Sun 5/14/17: $48
Westin Mission Hills Pete Dye Sat 5/13/17: $35

What times were you teeing off for the last two tee times?

Back