THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Will have to see if the snow melts enough here. If so, might try to get in a round somewhere Saturday. If not, will definitely hit balls outside. Should only be about a month left of winter, fingers crossed.

I have a sim bay reserved from 9am to 1pm on Saturday in Findlay at The Links. Room for 3 people to join if they would like.

Got message from my home course they will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm sure it will be CPO. Will play Friday after work and Sunday for sure. If I can find somewhere open in Dayton, Saturday then will play Saturday as well. Got to get my #THPRegionalRivalry prep

Anyplace in particular you thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyplace in particular you thinking?

Not really, I have a first birthday party for my nephew at 3pm that afternoon. My oldest nephew and I are going to come down early and try to get 18 in before the party. The party is pretty close to Beavercreek GC. So that would probably be my first choice. Really pretty open to where we play just want to play as long as we can make the party.

Hoping the rest of the snow departs today, as tomorrow is high winds with 60 degrees which would really do a nice job of drying out the course for Saturday/Sunday.

A weekend full of golf is upon us.

Gotta love OH golf in Feb, glad the prep is continuing

Well, I'm not going to impress you by doing your laundry... May as well try to improve as a golfer to impress instead.

Well, I'm not going to impress you by doing your laundry... May as well try to improve as a golfer to impress instead.

Well alright then

I have a sim bay reserved from 9am to 1pm on Saturday in Findlay at The Links. Room for 3 people to join if they would like.
Yes please!

You can't complain this has been the mildest winter in years.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Might have to call in "sick" Saturday. If it drys out enough. If not Sunday is a go.

Not really, I have a first birthday party for my nephew at 3pm that afternoon. My oldest nephew and I are going to come down early and try to get 18 in before the party. The party is pretty close to Beavercreek GC. So that would probably be my first choice. Really pretty open to where we play just want to play as long as we can make the party.

Sounds like a plan I can work with

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Awesome seeing golf in Feb in Ohio

2 spots left! Cert-ifiable is in for some prep work.

2 spots left! Cert-ifiable is in for some prep work.

I can't make it on Saturday. But I want to play outside on sunday if possible.

Guys lets try to setup get togethers and stuff outside of the Regional Rivalry threads and not turn these into just another local thread.
We love the conversation, banter and even golf talk at times, but when it comes to getting groups together, lets remember to be inclusive of the whole forum and post it outside of the event thread.

Thanks.

Hoping the rest of the snow departs today, as tomorrow is high winds with 60 degrees which would really do a nice job of drying out the course for Saturday/Sunday.

A weekend full of golf is upon us.
It's looking better already today! Can't wait to get out there this weekend with RR on the brain. Hopefully my game is continuing the direction of last month.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I know its not really true prep but I have been reading about the different formats and familiarizing myself with how each is played. Hoping to get some rounds in playing these formats to get used to playing them. I have never played Modified Pinehurst, Shamble, or Alt shot before.

I know its not really true prep but I have been reading about the different formats and familiarizing myself with how each is played. Hoping to get some rounds in playing these formats to get used to playing them. I have never played Modified Pinehurst, Shamble, or Alt shot before.

You and I brother will be going over these formats a TON! Trust me!

You and I brother will be going over these formats a TON! Trust me!

Just curious CJ - as a THPer who has played in these type of events; which format was the hardest for you? And did you change your game and/or strategy up as you switched from one to another?

Really these questions are for any THPer with tournament experience, but I'm more interested in those guys with higher HC's and how they handled the pressure of each format.

Just curious CJ - as a THPer who has played in these type of events; which format was the hardest for you? And did you change your game and/or strategy up as you switched from one to another?

Really these questions are for any THPer with tournament experience, but I'm more interested in those guys with higher HC's and how they handled the pressure of each format.

Hardest may be alt shot. Just more pressure on your shot. The rest of the formats present some sort of comfort for everyone knowing your partner can bail you out either with a better drive or a better score

A belated congrats to the Ohio and Michigan guys that made it. And to those of you vying for the Captains picks, I'm rifht there with ya in the DC vs Carolinas RR.

Good of luck to all.

Hardest may be alt shot. Just more pressure on your shot. The rest of the formats present some sort of comfort for everyone knowing your partner can bail you out either with a better drive or a better score

I'd second this. There is not much room for error with alternate shot.

Back