Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be worse I guess, we could be stuck watching goerges and gionta...

Ugh...thanks again for those two. Hope they're both gone next year.

Hey Andy was it the Wilson Tour Velocity balls you told me the other day were a descent ball? Walmart had some on clearance for $4.00 for a box of 15 so I grabbed a couple boxes just because. I also got a box of Srixon Qstars for $6.00. Thinking about going back and nabbing the rest of the Wilson's just because they are cheap.

Hey Andy was it the Wilson Tour Velocity balls you told me the other day were a descent ball? Walmart had some on clearance for $4.00 for a box of 15 so I grabbed a couple boxes just because. I also got a box of Srixon Qstars for $6.00. Thinking about going back and nabbing the rest of the Wilson's just because they are cheap.
Plin got me hooked on those Velocity's (orange letters/#)! Great cold weather ball.

Grab me some! The Orange ones. :D

Looking at the back of the box I see the Orange ones say Longest Distance, Playability & Feel. The green says Softest Feel, Distance & Playability.

Guess we'll find out, at the price, you can't go wrong!

Haven't tried the green ones but I tried the ones with the orange lettering on Paul and Joe's suggestion. They're long! Q-Stars for $6 is a ridiculous price!

Haven't tried the green ones but I tried the ones with the orange lettering on Paul and Joe's suggestion. They're long! Q-Stars for $6 is a ridiculous price!

There was only one box of the Qstars unfortunately. I'm gonna run to wally world and see if there are any velocities left.

Velocities all gone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Velocities all gone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wonder if all the walmarts are selling off the golf balls cheap. I may have to make a trip.

guys if this is going to be about golf balls, there are other threads on the forum that are better equipped for the conversation.

guys if this is going to be about golf balls, there are other threads on the forum that are better equipped for the conversation.
Talking about buying cheap golf balls locally but if it would be better somewhere else...sure.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Talking about buying cheap golf balls locally but if it would be better somewhere else...sure.

yes because Walmart is only local to you. Sorry I'm the jerk.

yes because Walmart is only local to you. Sorry I'm the jerk.
Ok, what thread do you suggest then? Asking seriously.

Ok, what thread do you suggest then? Asking seriously.

there are a number of golf ball threads or even deal threads where one can talk about finding a sale on balls. Q stars came up, can talk about that in the Q star thread. Heck you could even start a thread about those Wilson golf balls. Don't want to start a thread on them? That's fine, they sound like a budget golf ball, we have budget golf ball threads. It's information and a conversation that could attract or help other members outside of WNY.

there are a number of golf ball threads or even deal threads where one can talk about finding a sale on balls. Q stars came up, can talk about that in the Q star thread. Heck you could even start a thread about those Wilson golf balls. Don't want to start a thread on them? That's fine, they sound like a budget golf ball, we have budget golf ball threads. It's information and a conversation that could attract or help other members outside of WNY.

Thanks, point taken.

Well enough BS about our coveted Wilson Tour Velocity's, is everyone set on paying $50 a round for Ravenwood Friday? I will say that I played Braemar (not a super difficult track) last weekend, pretty fun none the less. It only costs $20 for 18 w/a cart and the course was in decent shape. By next week with a little drier weather it might be even better :0)

Well enough BS about our coveted Wilson Tour Velocity's, is everyone set on paying $50 a round for Ravenwood Friday? I will say that I played Braemar (not a super difficult track) last weekend, pretty fun none the less. It only costs $20 for 18 w/a cart and the course was in decent shape. By next week with a little drier weather it might be even better :0)
Only played there once a couple years ago when they were upgrading it. Was really wet but not a bad course. I remember it being pretty long but open.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan on Braemar like the pro Jim who was previously at Chili but just didn't care for the layout and tiny greens. Unless they've made them bigger.

Only played there once a couple years ago when they were upgrading it. Was really wet but not a bad course. I remember it being pretty long but open.

It doesn't have all the elevation like some of the nicer courses, but it def. is not just some boring course. They are re-doing a lot of the tee boxes and adding a lot of water hazards to toughen it up. For $20, it really is well worth it. Maybe play that Saturday if you guys want and play something else Friday.

I wonder if Twin Hills is open yet? I'd love to get a crack at that early in the season!

You guys want to come out this way and play a nice course, The Links at Ivy Ridge opened 3/12 ($30 on Friday, $35 on Saturday).
Aaron played it last time he was in town. I think he was impressed.
For those of you that have played Arrowhead, it's about 5 minutes from there.

http://thelinksativyridge.com/index.cfm

I'm all for cheaper this early in the season when everything is sopping wet and just trying to get the cobbwebbs out of my swing.

I'm all for cheaper this early in the season when everything is sopping wet and just trying to get the cobbwebbs out of my swing.

I agree with Krispyk (I'm sorry, I remember meeting you in Pittsburgh, but I cant remember your name), I think I'd rather keep costs a bit lower (25-40), but if everyone wants to play ravenwood, I'll follow and maybe play a cheaper course like Braemar the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back