Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing a 58* wedge for the last year and I just can't get comfortable with it. I had played 56* my whole life and I think the ponder for a new one is on. After seeing a couple this last weekend the SM6 is at the top of the list. Now just to figure out which grind to go with...
Why is it so hard to get used to it? I've heard people say this but unless you take full swings with it, I just don't see a difference.

Maybe it's the grind you got? I'd be curious to know. If switched between 56,58 and 60 many times and outside of distance I've never had a problem adjusting.

Why is it so hard to get used to it? I've heard people say this but unless you take full swings with it, I just don't see a difference.

Maybe it's the grind you got? I'd be curious to know. If switched between 56,58 and 60 many times and outside of distance I've never had a problem adjusting.

In all honesty it's mental. I used the 56 for so long and was really good with it that I never was able to get that same confidence with the 58. The only reason I went to the 58 in the first place was for gapping reasons when I got new irons. I know that 2 degrees isn't a huge thing but I always think about how effective and confident I was with the 56 in hand.

That was also back when I had time to practice more, I'm sure I could get confidence with a 58* if I had the time to practice like I used to. Dang kids take up all my time!

In all honesty it's mental. I used the 56 for so long and was really good with it that I never was able to get that same confidence with the 58. The only reason I went to the 58 in the first place was for gapping reasons when I got new irons. I know that 2 degrees isn't a huge thing but I always think about how effective and confident I was with the 56 in hand.

That was also back when I had time to practice more, I'm sure I could get confidence with a 58* if I had the time to practice like I used to. Dang kids take up all my time!
Got it! I know exactly how you feel. Haha. Both the mental part and the kids. Makes sense if you don't have time to practice and get comfortable to go back to what you know. Thanks for answering. I love how different this game is for everyone but still can have some things that are common among many.

clicgear-umbrella-spacer-1.jpg
clicgear-umbrella-spacer-2.jpg

this one

This would help.

Got it! I know exactly how you feel. Haha. Both the mental part and the kids. Makes sense if you don't have time to practice and get comfortable to go back to what you know. Thanks for answering. I love how different this game is for everyone but still can have some things that are common among many.

I think the solution is just making sure the kids get in to golf so we can get out more!

I think the solution is just making sure the kids get in to golf so we can get out more!
That's a great plan. Working on that this year.

I've got the masters bug. Pondering Masters stuff

So, I was looking for a clicgear umbrella because mine fits too loose in my push cart's umbrella holder and I stumbled on this.

it seems like a BRILLIANT idea, has anyone tried it?

818WF0keXfL._SL1224_.jpg
I'd give that a try! Cool.

Or bend the 54 to 55 if you like a bit more bounce or bend 56 to 55 if you want less bounce

This is how I solve my wedge spacing problem.

PW is 46, then I go 50, 56 bent to 55, and 60.

I ended up ordering a clicgear umbrella

Pretty much any staff umbrella will fit in the Clicgear umbrella slot. Not sure if you knew that, but thought I'd throw it out there in case it's useful.

Pondering picking up a cool Scotty headcover but don't want to break the bank.

LOL, good luck right?

Hmmmm Acid UTX or Masters Edition UTX..... mainly for my THP Shaft.

That's EXACTLY where I was looking!!

If I didn't already have last years masters staff bag and a new stand bag the staff stand bag would have been bought. I've eyed the hats several times but haven't pulled the trigger

Pondering picking up a cool Scotty headcover but don't want to break the bank.

LOL, good luck right?

I want to find the Pacific Northwest one.

If I didn't already have last years masters staff bag and a new stand bag the staff stand bag would have been bought. I've eyed the hats several times but haven't pulled the trigger

That 2016 Masters staff/stand bag is awesome. Found it for a real good price. Just not sure about gaming a yellow bag all year long. If it was mostly green with accents of yellow I think it would be an easier decision, but my finger is still on the "place order" button! LoL

That 2016 Masters staff/stand bag is awesome. Found it for a real good price. Just not sure about gaming a yellow bag all year long. If it was mostly green with accents of yellow I think it would be an easier decision, but my finger is still on the "place order" button! LoL

Mine just sits in my office looking pretty...right next to last years US Open Staff bag from Bridgestone

Plumbers neck something

Thought you were going Toulon?
Check out ENROLL too.

Oh I am, bank on that. But I'm trying to figure out which style of putter is best for my game. The whole toe hang classroom got me wondering if I'm using what's best for me. So before I sink a premium dollar (for me anyway). I want to see what's what. Honestly fitting offerings around here are slim and I've got no confidence in what they'd provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back