The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to sign up for health insurance, anyone have a recommendation of Humana over BCBS? They are basically the same price, both with shi!tty coverage.

BCBS Through work, and have dealt a lot with them from a business perspective at my job, and no real complaints. Cannot provide much in the way of knowledge around Humana

BCBS Through work, and have dealt a lot with them from a business perspective at my job, and no real complaints. Cannot provide much in the way of knowledge around Humana

BCBS is about $22/month cheaper too, they just seem very limited with their in-network doctors, but at this point I should probably just go with the cheapest option since it's already over $300 more a month than I was paying in 2015.

BCBS is about $22/month cheaper too, they just seem very limited with their in-network doctors, but at this point I should probably just go with the cheapest option since it's already over $300 more a month than I was paying in 2015.

Do you guys have a current GP? If not, I say definitely go with BCBS, if you do, and he is network then even easier.

I am looking to sign up for health insurance, anyone have a recommendation of Humana over BCBS? They are basically the same price, both with shi!tty coverage.

my wife is borderline going to the bc/bs headquarters and going all sniper on their a##. she absolutely despises them. the little i've dealt with them has been fine. no real experience with humana, though. healthcare is commoditized with the aca, and the fact that baldy mcbalderson aka rick scott doesn't want to dance with medicare means that we in phallic phlorida don't get federal subsidies across the board against the aca-compliant policies. for me and my healthy family, it's bye-bye $1k a month.

Ugh I despise health insurance. I just left BCBS mainly because they were more expensive than my other options.

Do you guys have a current GP? If not, I say definitely go with BCBS, if you do, and he is network then even easier.

I don't so I figured it didn't really matter. I just liked having more options, but at least BCBS will do 50% coinsurance for out of network, Humana has no coverage at all, and is more expensive. I just liked the rep better haha.

my wife is borderline going to the bc/bs headquarters and going all sniper on their a##. she absolutely despises them. the little i've dealt with them has been fine. no real experience with humana, though. healthcare is commoditized with the aca, and the fact that baldy mcbalderson aka rick scott doesn't want to dance with medicare means that we in phallic phlorida don't get federal subsidies across the board against the aca-compliant policies. for me and my healthy family, it's bye-bye $1k a month.

These costs are crazy, I want to know how where the AFFORDABLE in the ACA is, because I am not seeing it.

Ugh I despise health insurance. I just left BCBS mainly because they were more expensive than my other options.

They are the cheapest option here, everything else is at least $20/month more.

There is nothing affordable about the ACA, healthcare is out of control IMO

These costs are crazy, I want to know how where the AFFORDABLE in the ACA is, because I am not seeing it.

i'm not expert, but my understanding is that it's affordable if you play nice with medicare. for every state where people are lauding aca and how much cheaper their premiums are now, it's because their state is complying with the new medicare requirements and by complying the state is given federal subsidies that reduce premiums for all policies, not just for individuals who qualify for the premium tax credit. rick scott is drawing a line in the sand and refusing to comply, saying his integrity can't be bought. problem is he's not the one footing the bill for that; i am, you are, every floridian is. if he wants to take a stand i think that's great, but he should pass the costs through by state-sponsored subsidies, though that may be unconstitutional.

I seriously considered not having any this year and paying the penalty, its much cheaper than having it. If it wasn't for my kids playing sports and stuff I just may have. You pay all this money on the chance that something happens and get nothing in return except a big old bill when you do have to use it. When I think of the golf trips or vacations I could go on instead of paying my monthly premiums it makes me sick.

I seriously considered not having any this year and paying the penalty, its much cheaper than having it. If it wasn't for my kids playing sports and stuff I just may have. You pay all this money on the chance that something happens and get nothing in return except a big old bill when you do have to use it. When I think of the golf trips or vacations I could go on instead of paying my monthly premiums it makes me sick.

The penalty is 2.5% of each person's income, so for us it's 5% of our total household income.

Can there be a sub forum called PGA Show coverage?

I feel like I've missed so much today with work, and would love a one stop PGA show coverage stop.

The penalty is 2.5% of each person's income, so for us it's 5% of our total household income.

interesting little-known fact. if you have a refund, the penalty will reduce your refund. BUT, if you have a balance due, IRS will not pursue payment if you omit it from the balance you pay with your return. so if you owe $1,000 of tax and $500 for the shared responsibility payment for total due of $1,500, you can only pay the $1,000 and you would be fine. if you have a refund in a future year, they can collect the unpaid shared responsibility payment at that time.

see question and answer to #29 conveniently allllllll the way down at the bottom https://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care...he-Individual-Shared-Responsibility-Provision

I feel like I've missed so much today with work, and would love a one stop PGA show coverage stop.

We tried that once, and no one looked at it. There are certain forums that are viewed more than others, and when we move threads to new subforums people don't go there and the content gets lost.

My son will probably go without after March when he falls off our plan. Georgia doesn't give credits....at least that's what healthcare.gov/bl0wm3 says.

We tried that once, and no one looked at it. There are certain forums that are viewed more than others, and when we move threads to new subforums people don't go there and the content gets lost.

Understandable....
But I'd look there...

Gave my golfswing another shot and tried to hit a few in my garage.First 10'balls all shanks so i stopped.Some may see this as consistency.I see this as a step closer to putting the clubs in the attic and leaving them there all season.Boy am I frustrated

The fact that I keeping go back through these PGA show threads and I keep finding stuff that I missed is amazing! Hats off guys!

*Pro-tip;

Use the search feature in the top right corner and type "2016 PGA Show". Magically, an entire google search pops up with EVERY thread with the words "2016 PGA Show" in the topic.

*Pro-tip;

Use the search feature in the top right corner and type "2016 PGA Show". Magically, an entire google search pops up with EVERY thread with the words "2016 PGA Show" in the topic.

I use the search a lot, but sometimes the results can be a little odd.

It is a bummer the sub-forum didn't get looked at. I liked when it was like that, but then a lot of people use the forums differently. Gotta do what is best for the site overall, I understand.

I use the search a lot, but sometimes the results can be a little odd.

It is a bummer the sub-forum didn't get looked at. I liked when it was like that, but then a lot of people use the forums differently. Gotta do what is best for the site overall, I understand.

I am an organizational freak, if I could have subforms for subforms to make things neater I would, but people won't read them that way. It drives me crazy too, but like you said we have to do what is best for the site overall.

*Pro-tip;

Thanks for the input and tip!

I have to work on my foruming skills I guess...

I am an organizational freak, if I could have subforms for subforms to make things neater I would, but people won't read them that way. It drives me crazy too, but like you said we have to do what is best for the site overall.

So true, there are SO many who already don't venture into the main equipment subforums sadly.

i'm not expert, but my understanding is that it's affordable if you play nice with medicare. for every state where people are lauding aca and how much cheaper their premiums are now, it's because their state is complying with the new medicare requirements and by complying the state is given federal subsidies that reduce premiums for all policies, not just for individuals who qualify for the premium tax credit. rick scott is drawing a line in the sand and refusing to comply, saying his integrity can't be bought. problem is he's not the one footing the bill for that; i am, you are, every floridian is. if he wants to take a stand i think that's great, but he should pass the costs through by state-sponsored subsidies, though that may be unconstitutional.
The problem is those extra subsidies - which are basically a bribe to entice states into expanding Medicare - go away in 3 years, at which point premiums increase back to normal levels AND the states - read: you the taxpayer - are on the hook for 100% of all those expanded Medicare costs. You may not like it now but you may well appreciate it in year 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son will probably go without after March when he falls off our plan. Georgia doesn't give credits....at least that's what healthcare.gov/bl0wm3 says.

I see what you did there

My wife calls me ,as her and my daughter are in Nashville getting their hair done, as says your daughter is hanging out and singing songs with Tanya Tucker.
Lord help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back