Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

I would say anybody thinking about getting these needs to try them in the conditions you play in. I ended up getting 52* 12 F for full shots, 56* 14 for soft bunkers and 60* 8 for flop shots around the green and wet heavy bunkers. I tried them all and I hit these best but I think where and how you play should be the deciding factor. I thought I would have different grids but these are what I hit best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say anybody thinking about getting these needs to try them in the conditions you play in. I ended up getting 52* 12 F for full shots, 56* 14 for soft bunkers and 60* 8 for flop shots around the green and wet heavy bunkers. I tried them all and I hit these best but I think where and how you play should be the deciding factor. I thought I would have different grids but these are what I hit best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep, thanks to T2GRN18 I was able to demo his around the chipping green of where I work and play. it mirrors a lot of the conditions I find not only hear but in this area in general.

I picked my wedges up yesterday! I decided to stick with my original plan of going 50, 54, 58. I was going to go with the black finish but I wanted the M grind (low bounce) in my 58* and they didn't have it in black. I use that almost exclusively from greenside and mid summer we tend to get some pretty tight lies around here so I've always opted for a low bounce in my most lofted wedge.

I played a round yesterday, immediately throwing the SM6 into the fire. Started out having to use them on the first 3 holes as it would turn out. Hole 3 was a nice bump and run with the 50 that found the cup for a birdie! I was pretty happy with what I had going so far. All in all the wedges performed beautifully for me, I struggled with greenside pitch shots on 16 and 17 and an approach shot on 18 but I don't think it's the wedges as it is my uncanny ability to blow a good round down the stretch. HA!

I love the weight of these, they remind me a lot of the J40 wedges I had that I absolutely loved! I'll be heading out again today, so I'll chime in with more. I really hope to get out to a short game practice facility soon so that I can make the necessary adjustments. Going from the Clevelands to these there is definitely a difference so an adjustment will be necessary. So far though, I love them!

looking good Jake. I like the J40 weight comparison, I loved those wedges. I need to get some time in with them.

Good Stuff P4B!! We went with the same lofts, but I went with the 58 in K grind based on the fact I'll use it almost exclusivley out of the bunker and I'm used to using a SW with a wide sole in the bunker. I have the 54.08 coming for a low bounce option.

NICE Jake!

We like similar soles/grinds. :alien:

looking good Jake. I like the J40 weight comparison, I loved those wedges. I need to get some time in with them.
Thanks buddy, these wedges are good! I seriously considered picking up the J15's because I loved the J40's so much but in the end the looks of the SM6 won me over.

Good Stuff P4B!! We went with the same lofts, but I went with the 58 in K grind based on the fact I'll use it almost exclusively out of the bunker and I'm used to using a SW with a wide sole in the bunker. I have the 54.08 coming for a low bounce option.
K grind would be good if that's your most frequent use for sure. I try to avoid sand at all costs, but when I do get in there I'll need to practice which method I'll go with. I happen to be horrible out of bunkers so really I just need to practice something! I think depending on the length of the shot and the softness of the sand I'll have good options with this setup.

man jake that chrome looks SHARP

Titleist is doing a fitting day at my club on the 14th, going to go through a full fitting with them and go with whatever performs best for me. 50, 55 (bent 56) and 60.

Thanks buddy, these wedges are good! I seriously considered picking up the J15's because I loved the J40's so much but in the end the looks of the SM6 won me over.

K grind would be good if that's your most frequent use for sure. I try to avoid sand at all costs, but when I do get in there I'll need to practice which method I'll go with. I happen to be horrible out of bunkers so really I just need to practice something! I think depending on the length of the shot and the softness of the sand I'll have good options with this setup.

LOL..well I do end up there, despite my intentions. Also I did want to have one wedge with some decent bounce. There will be times either in the sand or other very soft conditions where I'm sure it will come in handy. And if I find I like the M better than the K Grind, I can always order it up ��

New special release SM6 by Vokey for The Masters....
8d1fd3a48bb88a437b670a1023320afe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the look of the stamp itself. Wish it had more of a Masters tie in, though. It would have been cool to color code the stamp for each major.

I like the look of the stamp itself. Wish it had more of a Masters tie in, though. It would have been cool to color code the stamp for each major.

Agreed. Custom!!! Especially since I'm assuming this thing will be quite pricey.

I'm tempted but I remember how much practice time I had to devote to a 64* and still had to put it in time out often. But it's a thing of beauty when you pull off a shot with it.

Headed to a THP staff writer for review.

149f9a7b42027eb7f781e426fa6439ef.jpg

1b19f978721f6db68772510c1cb1c265.jpg

jackpot!!

Pretttttyyyy

Those look good.

I'm sure this will be one terrific review. Actually they all always are, but I think those grinds are going to provide some very good stuff for the review.

I stumbled on 50 and 54 ( a funny story for another day and thread). Have the 50.08f and 54.14f steel gray abs took then out for a round yesterday. I have to say these are pretty damn impressive. I used both wedges in variety of shots and both performed really well other than few yards of distance control which takes time to dial in. I'm really thinking of adding a 58.08m

My SM5's have been the best 4 clubs in my bag, going to hold off on these. Look great though!

Back