Cobra KING F6 Baffler - THP Review

totally bummed this is RH only. Looks very interesting and I like what I see.

Would love to see some launch monitor numbers with weight in both positions against the LTD 4-5 wood. I'm sure the LTD would be more forgiving, but interested to see which would be lower spinning

That shorter shaft length and super small footprint has me wondering how this club slots in our bag. Does this play more like a 2 hybrid instead of a 4/5 wood?

Can't wait to give this club a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That shorter shaft length and super small footprint has me wondering how this club slots in our bag. Does this play more like a 2 hybrid instead of a 4/5 wood?
I bet it still plays just like a 4 or 5 wood. But, the picture will get clearer here in the next week or two while I get to take it out and about!

I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on this one. I saw Rick Shiels video last week and he was amazed at how it performed.

Damn, I LOVE the looks of this one. Add in the rails and a great shaft in the red tie....I think this will be a really good one.

I was super excited about this release, until I read your fourth paragraph, thats a huge bummer

Interesting for sure. Love the rails and what it's supposed to do for the club. I don't think it looks much smaller than what I'm used to playing so it fits my eye really well.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one and how it compares to what you have in the bag now.

I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on this one. I saw Rick Shiels video last week and he was amazed at how it performed.

Hopefully I can create a review that holds its own against the Shiels-factor.

I kid, I kid, I kid!

Damn, I LOVE the looks of this one. Add in the rails and a great shaft in the red tie....I think this will be a really good one.

Tiny dude, I honestly think it might be right up your alley in that bridge from 3w to some hybo.

I was super excited about this release, until I read your fourth paragraph, thats a huge bummer

I expected we would see that reaction from the lefties, but, its a somewhat limited release so its really not shocking at all.

Interesting for sure. Love the rails and what it's supposed to do for the club. I don't think it looks much smaller than what I'm used to playing so it fits my eye really well.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one and how it compares to what you have in the bag now.

Its a throwback fairway in size/footprint, def smaller than what we are seeing on the market from 95%.

Will have this one on course today, actually going to start at 16* and work from there.

Will have this one on course today, actually going to start at 16* and work from there.
Heavy weight forward, back or both?

Heavy weight forward, back or both?

Came with the weight back, so it will be tested that way first and eventually I will change it when I get my LM out and go to work on that.

Plus, I like the idea of launch and landing soft. Haha

Looks nice. Looking forward to this review.

Damn Daniel. Pretty sweet looking club

Jman - what CC is the head size ?

Real deal Red Tie or made for Cobra?

Anyone going Lion King style and putting 2 of the heavy weights in and shortening it to 40.5?

Oh yeahhhhh

It's great looking, and I'll bet pretty functional, but that is small indeed.

Can't wait for the feedback on this one James. I wanna hit it.

I still have a 17* Rail H that I pulled out and took to the range the other day, and love it. I think this might be a perfect option as a transition from FW to Hybrid, can't wait to read more as the Rails are awesome!

Wow JMan I see what you were saying about it being small in head size and almost hybrid like. Now I am really interested to hear more about this. Could be a great transition from FW to Hybrid.

Please tell us how it compares in spin/distance/forgiveness to your 816 16*!!! And specify where the weights are for each club!

Definitely interested. I see a personal shoot out coming between HW and Baffler F6....
Top of my bag will be completely overhauled sometime this year.

i'm really looking forward to jman's feedback on this. just based on aesthetics alone and how i expect this club to play, i'm not sure heavenwood is what i would compare it to. the shape comes off as something similar to the larger, "hotter" hybrids out there.

Getting to know you round is in the books, took this one out as the only fairway in the bag so it had to be used from a variety of lengths and situations.

All my kids said the same thing, it looked just like a bigger hybrid more than a fairway at address. The rails also got a lot of interest/looks. Aesthetically though it looks good at address, small, sure, but for me I personally really like that look. I will say it LOOKS like a cobra club, reminds me a lot of the Bio+ which is a good thing. I'm also one who likes the details on the rear of the crown, and lets face it, the cobra alignment aid is always awesome to look down at.

Sound/feel wise, its a solid metallic sensation, the club has a "tink" to it at impact which I know some will love, others won't. They key though is that it isn't distracting when hitting the club, at all. Still plenty of solid to it and still plenty of feedback on misses I had low and toe side yesterday.

I played it at 16* and heavy weight back yesterday and the launch was definitely what I call high. Was not on a monitor but it definitely spins more than my 4w, the flight though still worked to an apex, it isnt a ballooning flight, its just high launch which is good in a club design like this. Hit it from the tee several times and the deck 5 or 6 times, the rails worked well out of the rough, from hardpan it did lead to impact a little lower on the face but performance was still there. Hit some draws, hit some fades, no issues with either. Distance was really solid, no exact numbers yet with the wind I was playing in, but its extremely promising at first glance.

More soon. If you have any Q's please ask away!

Head size in CC's and Swing weight ?

James, will you have this with you at Club Clash? I'd love to get a good look at it, if not some swings on the range. :D

Back