Two Gloves In Winter?

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
I have never been able to hit a ball with 2 gloves on. I always seem to have to take my right glove of (RH golfer). I've tried using 2 gloves on the range in early spring/ late fall multiple times. And didn't have the best results. I'm sure it's all in my head. Does anyone know why this happens? What about you? Can you play golf with a glove on each hand and still shoot your normal shots?

Last edited:
Bumping an old thread because I mentioned this in the Bridgestone Barricold glove thread. So I did a search to see if it was discussed. And so it had.

I have never been able to hit a ball with 2 gloves on. I always seem to have to take my right glove of (RH golfer). I've tried using 2 gloves on the range in early spring/ late fall multiple times. And didn't have the best results. I'm sure it's all in my head. Does anyone know why this happens? What about you? Can you play golf with a glove on each hand and still shoot your normal shots?
Yes sir two gloves ftw. I always wear two and dont care what anyone says. Just feels right to me now.

I use 2 rain gloves when it is wet and use 2 winter gloves when it drops below 40. Never noticed much difference except putting when wearing 2.

I prefer rain gloves as they have less material to get in the way but when it gets below 35 Or windy I use winter golf gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUST......CANT.....DO........IT!

I know it's all in my head, but just feels WRONG.

JM

Anyone that was thinking of getting the Barricold in Medium can have mine. I usually wear a cadet medium large and the fingers are just a touch too short. PM if you want them

The only time I wear a glove at all is when it's cold enough for my winter gloves. Even then I mostly just use them to keep my hands warm between shots, and take them off to hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these. I only used them when it is below 40 though.

41NMS4sipWL._SL500_.jpg
my go to as well.

Moved to its own thread.

I used one of those football hand warmers. Keep my hands in it until I'm about to swing, flip it around to my back, take my swing, bring it around front and put hands back in.

Winter time temps I'm using a pair of Callaway winter therm gloves. Any other time it's no gloves. Don't seem to really notice a difference in my shots either way.

Yeah two gloves does not bother me when its cold or wet. When it is cold I don't even wear golf gloves, but wear some UA winter gloves that have tacky stuff on them. They are thin enough to still feel the club and make good swings.

I bought a pair of these from Budget Golf (<$10) this year (first time I have bought gloves specifically for winter) and used them once last month when it was about 40*. I thought they worked pretty well.

Kodiak_WinterGlove_MLS_Package-97015.jpg

Last edited:
When it gets to the point I need winter golf gloves I go two gloves. In the rain it's a guarantee it's two gloves

I just wear the the mittens with hand warmers in them until it's time to swing then lose the gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never wore 2 gloves. But this year I am going to get some for rain/cold. Only usually end up playing 6 or so rounds in the rain but it would be worth it..

If its that cold i aint golfing

I play in 32 F temperature and still only use one glove. I use FJ rain-grip glove and I love it. I just keep a pair of mitts on my cart to keep my hands warm

I play in 32 F temperature and still only use one glove. I use FJ rain-grip glove and I love it. I just keep a pair of mitts on my cart to keep my hands warm

Man I just cannot do one glove. It stings my hands way too much. The rain grip gloves are so nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use 2 rain gloves when it is wet and use 2 winter gloves when it drops below 40. Never noticed much difference except putting when wearing 2.

^^^^This

I've used two gloves before without problems. Prefer to wear only one, but if it's cold I'd rather be warm then one hand freezing.

The worst is when you go pick your ball up out of the hole without realizing it is filled with ice water leaving you either playing in a cold wet right glove or no glove at all. Gunner knows what I mean

I'm more comfortable in the rain and cold with the additional grip of wearing gloves on both hands than I am dealing with the elements and a wet/numb bare hand. When it's real hot and humid in the summer, I may even throw a rain glove on my right hand as that feeling of the club slipping in my hand does more to sabatoge my swing than any lack of feeling I may get from wearing a second glove.

If I need two gloves, I'm staying home!

Back