Cleaning out your golf bag can be an adventure/mystery. And how often do you do it?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
In another thread someone mentioned the stuff they found while transferring everything to a new bag. I thought it would make a good topic on its own. I went through similar when I got new bag last year. I was in the habit of giving my bag a quick once over once per spring but never really a significant emptying and straightening. Until last year when I got a new bag and honestly it was quite the little adventure as I emptied and transferred all my things. The amount of stuff I had, or thought I lost, or never knew I had, etc..etc..

Nothing really expensive but all sorts of things, different ball markers, tees, spikes, brushes, accessories and knick-knacks I never knew I had. etc....
Sure I would usually find "some" things during my quick yearly straightening but having never given a real thorough deep pocket clearing of any sort till I had to set up my new bag I ended up being a bit more surprised than I imagined.

I would assume others have occasionally found things they never remembered they even had, Perhaps even things of some more significant value, perhaps even money..lol.

How often do you clean out the bag? is it thorough? or just a quick straighten? is it always a surprise what you'll find? Have you found things that really surprised you?

Your thoughts just for fun.

I bought a new bag, and was doing the same thing, I can't remember exactly what I found in the bag I'd been using for 25 years, but I remember saying "Huh, that's where that was." a few times.

New bag time mostly! Sometimes in between but not often!

Once a year usually.

I'll clean it out every spring & before any out of country trip (don't need a surprise by the border guys). Always find the usual stuff coins, markers, garbage.

Yeah I usually clean it out during the winter at some point. I've found many drink chips and ball markers. I did find a 20 dollar bill one year. But usually nothing too out of the ordinary.

In the Spring I go through the bag and remove any "Winter" stuff, as well as culling through the golf balls. Any ball with a bit of wear go into the shag bag, and then I'll restock with a couple of sleeves of new balls. In the late Fall, I'll put the Winter stuff back in the bag, and be ready to go.

Gloves; the last time I cleaned out my bag I found a new package with three new gloves; it must have been in there all year. Other than that, I'll find chips and markers I forgot were given to me...

Once a year.

I swap mine a few times a year for various reasons, rarely anything that surprises me as I know what's in the bag and don't keep a bunch of extra crap in there.

Maybe twice a year. Depends on how messy it gets. I just got a new bag, so i'm trying to keep it pretty organized.

End of the season.

I got through and clean about my bag once a month, along with cleaning my clubs. I also do it before big trips or if I start losing things and have to go digging.

I clean out my bag once a month. I'm a minimalist with my bag so like to make sure nothing not needed is sneaking in and restock the stuff I need in the bag.

About once a month for me. Try finding a rotting apple or orange in your bag. That's pleasant :bad:

Usually once I cannot fit anything else into it.

Whenever a buy a new bag or at a the beginning of the season if not buying a new bag

twice a year, found like $7 in change in the bag at the end of the season last year.

I go through mine about monthly to replenish whatever has gotten low (tees, bandaids, golfer's tape) and make sure I'm good with ball markers and such. I'm entirely too OCD to let my bag get out of control!

Once a year.

About once a month for me. Try finding a rotting apple or orange in your bag. That's pleasant :bad:
Did you discover it with your hand diving straight into the goo?

I clean mine about 4 times a year. but I really don't keep much in my bag other than balls, tees, wrench, rangefinder, and a few gloves. I have an extra bag and set of clubs at our condo in Florida and over Christmas I found half of a turkey sandwich in a zip lock that had been in there for 7 months!

I clean mine about 4 times a year. but I really don't keep much in my bag other than balls, tees, wrench, rangefinder, and a few gloves. I have an extra bag and set of clubs at our condo in Florida and over Christmas I found half of a turkey sandwich in a zip lock that had been in there for 7 months!

Unintentional science experiment? Hahaha!

Wonder if he busted open the baggie and conducted a Carl Spackner "sniff test"?

I didn't but I dared my 18 year old son to do it. He didn't take the dare!

Back