THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Sounds like a bowflex commercial

Maybe muscle milk or some other weird shake type supplement. Gunner might break a bowflex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn this thread moves lightening fast. I need a job where I know people aren't watching me 24/7.

Great rankings!

Damn this thread moves lightening fast. I need a job where I know people aren't watching me 24/7.

Great rankings!

Hopefully those interested venture out a bit and see all of the content THP has coming out on a daily basis.
Ya never know, there might be a curve ball in the sign up process.

Hopefully those interested venture out a bit and see all of the content THP has coming out on a daily basis.

JB I'll be honest I love all the content on here, but so many threads see so many posts and move so fast it's hard to keep up. I only seem to have enough time on my hands to subscribe to a few that I have an interest in and keep tabs on those! I know I'm missing a lot, but I hope I'm not dissaponting you or hurting my chances for this!

I agree 100%. So much goodness and great conversation taking place throughout THP. Like a wild fire it spreads quickly.

Quick announcement for the 1st 18 holes

When your 2nd 9 hole match ends, you are going to be asked to come off the course. This is to make sure everybody has time to finish the 1st 18, get bags swapped on different carts, grab something to eat if they choose and get ready for the next 18 holes.

Failure to do so will have some ramifications that could result in the rest of your team being a bit upset.
The second 18 should be no issue with everybody finishing all 18 holes, and assuming daylight is okay, everybody can play that one out.

More coming on time later.
You have me wondering what will be going on now! I love the suspense.

Are you guys excited? Come March we will have a full team and with that hopefully some good enough weather to get outside!!
Am I excited?!?!? YES! and that's an understatement!

Wouldn't miss the Friday round for nothing, Friday is for fun and Saturday is for whooping Michigan, Sunday is to raise the spirits of team Michigan so their happy when they go home to their other halves.

Even if I don't make the team I am there all day on Saturday to cheer the guys along. I think Friday and Sunday golf are in order ;)

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'll be there Friday and Saturday regardless if I make Team OH.

I might be able to get away with a day trip on the Friday before to play the course.

Love seeing that everyone is so excited for this and wants to be there Friday as well just to root there teams on and play some golf with THPers! I am another one that will be there Friday & Saturday regardless if I make the cut or not!

Now that formats are official

Which one do you think you could excel at?
Which one could you possibly struggle with?

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats?

Shamble is definitely where I will excel. The potential to be paired with some one who is longer off the tee could make a lethal combo with pops.

Alt shot is where I could struggle. As I know the yardages I would like to be at and try and aim for those when I am getting close to the green, so having to hit from a random yardage that could be far from my comfort could pose a difficultly, but that being said I think team MI will be fine!

The teammate I think I would pair with is someone who is laid back and remembers this is for fun while playing but still understands we want to win. Also some one with some length off the tee wouldnt hurt.

Well now that I am caught up on the thread for the past few days all I can say is WOW! Monday cannot get here soon enough! Can not wait for signups and to see who makes each team for the first 4! Fingers crossed!

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats?

Which one do you think you could excel at? I think I could excel at 2 of them for sure. If not more. Shamble for sure. I'm a good finder of the fairway for the most part. Which will allow my partner to swing for the fences with their tee shot. Secondly, I will rock Alternate Shot! Once you realize it's not about how you leave your partner but how you execute the shot in front of you, that's where it clicks.

Which one could you possibly struggle with? modified pinehurst, I'm not real familiar with this format. So it's the one I think I would struggle with.

Last edited:
It's a good thing you aren't because that'd be the nail in Ohios coffin. Musicmaster6921 and Michigan Slice are, to my knowledge, the high cappers vying for spots for the Mitten. I've seen them both play great golf at THP events. It's more complicated than it seems my amphibious neighbor.

Shhhhhh....
I suck at golf, Cave in to pressure, and am a horrible cart mate....

Ohio NEEDS me in this thing!

-For me I think I would best excel at the Shamble and Modified pinehurst. I'm pretty accurate off the tee and when I get in a groove I stay in it.

-I would struggle with Alternate shot just because I haven't played a lot of it, but all it takes is a couple holes to work out the kinks and hey I'm always looking for a challenge.

-I am calm and mild mannered guy and I get along with pretty much anyone. So when it comes to a partner I think I can be pretty versatile. Also I would like someone who is competitive like I am, but understands that having a good time is important too.

I'd guess a shamble would be best for me since I'm a short hitter off the tee. As some others have already stated I believe alternate shot would have a lot more pressure on my game.
Best teammate for me would be any of the Ohio hopefuls.

Leaner, stronger and longer my friend!

9dc2a4e8fc047004c71c13ad24cef128.jpg

Boom goes the 4 iron! Want to be down 20 more lbs by RR so watch out!

9dc2a4e8fc047004c71c13ad24cef128.jpg

Boom goes the 4 iron! Want to be down 20 more lbs by RR so watch out!
Assuming that is the range in Middleburg heights with protracer don't forget to normalize for the elevation.

Worlds longest 15

I think the one i would excel at the most will be Shamble. Having a partner tee off before me will be huge. If hes in good shape i can swing away off the tee. If we need one in the fairway i have a few options in the bag that can do just that.

I think the one where i may struggle with is Alt Shot. I think the added pressure of not wanting to put your partner in a bad position is big.

Pair me up with someone who keeps the ball in front of them and is ready to have a blast while winning a HOF tag

Yeah I think alternate shot since I've never played that. The pressure of not wanting to let your teammate down by putting him in a bad location - I imagine this will be a tough one!

And I'm working on being that guy who can hit it straight consistently off the tee, so big hitters like you can go for it!

I think the one i would excel at the most will be Shamble. Having a partner tee off before me will be huge. If hes in good shape i can swing away off the tee. If we need one in the fairway i have a few options in the bag that can do just that.

I think the one where i may struggle with is Alt Shot. I think the added pressure of not wanting to put your partner in a bad position is big.

Pair me up with someone who keeps the ball in front of them and is ready to have a blast while winning a HOF tag
Totally agree with this. Love the shambles format, except I would be the guy teeing off first as I hit the ball decent but usually can keep it in play so the other guy can go for whatever shot he wants.

Never payed alternate shot before so I think this would be the one I would need to practice and try to get better at

I have played very well in modified Pinehurst in the past and think I would do very well in that format.

I think alternate shot could be a struggle with the added pressure on the teebox.

I would have a good time partnered with anyone, but I think playing in some of these formats with a player of similar length can make it a little easier to think your way around the course.

I'd also think I'd do good in modified Pinehurst. I'm used to scrambling so would be fine with being left in less than ideal positions.

Alternate shot could be trouble. The one time I played this format my partner and I played fine. But if one person is struggling it can be big trouble, not much margin for error.

I can play pretty well with anyone. Attitude is the most important. Like someone laid back but who can also talk strategy if need be. Prefer not to be with the guy who takes everything too seriously and gets angry at everything.

Last Michigan rankings before signups! I have vacation on the brain so I'll be brief. In no particular order so don't get your hopes up or down and remember just for fun!

2012BFT - Will be testing TM M2 for THP, could be a blessing in disguise. MI needs a good tee game for these formats. Moving up.
Tpluff - Always quick to answer questions, bash on Ohio hopefuls and at the ready when needed. With a game that is always ready to go he is holding steady.
Jspangs - Judging by all the working out he's doing he's looking to reclaim his #jspangslong status, but I'm still not sure if can allow a self admitted Buckeye on Team Michigan. It just doesn't feel right.
Michigan Slice - He lives in the North pole, has only the warmth of fire and his PS4 to keep him warm. Hopefully he is still swinging clubs in the garage and not spending all his time playing COD.
Rozo22 - Haven't heard about that golden ticket....or much of anything from him, hasn't reached potbunker status yet, but is getting there. Sliding...
Lions81 - I know I keep going to the Lions reference, but with the screen name how can I not? Calvin has retired and Jim Bob Cooter Lions without Calvin in the mix isn't good for the team. A screen name change may be in order to save a spot.
Wyzyguy - has probably had more swings than everyone else on Team Michigan combined this winter. Inside, outside and now traveling to Arizona, game will probably be in good shape. Moving up.
Stribs - Still leads Michigan hopefuls in driving distance, which isn't too hard btw, but being #stribslong isn't enough in itself and neither is a hdcp based off a par 3 course. Still holding steady.
Solid5112 - Anyone who drinks Hopslam is AOK in my book. Just remember making 25' putts on a sim does not equal real play. Kinda like Gunner's 260yd 4 iron, its just not real.
Musicmaster - Does club regripping in his kitchen! Note to self never eat at his house. However he has admitted he will be there in support of the team no matter what, thats a team player. Moving up.

Rbarthle - Cannot attend, but still is prepping as if he was. However as evidenced by Ohio spring gathering, daughters dance stuff is starting to become an issue. Looks like your stuck playing sim golf, sorry man.
potbunker - blip, blip, blip

Hell ya, I enjoy moving on up. Musicmaster, Wyzyguy, and myself will have some good team prep at treetops 3 weeks before, we will be in prime shape.

Just got some swings in this morning.

Ill be heading to Fl the end of next month, and might load up the van and head south for some golf before then as well!

Just got some swings in this morning.

Ill be heading to Fl the end of next month, and might load up the van and head south for some golf before then as well!

Thats good man, Ive enjoyed getting a few outdoor rounds in this year already that we arent normally privy to

Back