TaylorMade PSi Tour Irons Preview

Anyone purchase a set of these? I ordered a PSI tour 6 iron with a steel fiber shaft and hit it on Friday. Saturday, i ordered the rest of the set.

Anyone purchase a set of these? I ordered a PSI tour 6 iron with a steel fiber shaft and hit it on Friday. Saturday, i ordered the rest of the set.

I'm jealous you've found a set to hit. I haven't seen a demo cart to be able to hit them

What did they compare to, if any?

I'm jealous you've found a set to hit. I haven't seen a demo cart to be able to hit them

What did they compare to, if any?
I purchased the 6 iron. I wanted to try to see if I could hit it and like it before I bought the whole set. I am currently gaming the RSI2 irons. I have never tried a "tour/forged" iron before as I was afraid to give up the distance and forgiveness. The feel and sound is so sweet and is totally different than what I am used to. I am hoping the shorter irons will feel just as good. It appears as though I lost a club in distance but with the sweet look and feel, I am going to give these an honest chance. The remainder of my set will be here on Friday.

PS - I kept my RSI2's just in case .. lol

I purchased the 6 iron. I wanted to try to see if I could hit it and like it before I bought the whole set. I am currently gaming the RSI2 irons. I have never tried a "tour/forged" iron before as I was afraid to give up the distance and forgiveness. The feel and sound is so sweet and is totally different than what I am used to. I am hoping the shorter irons will feel just as good. It appears as though I lost a club in distance but with the sweet look and feel, I am going to give these an honest chance. The remainder of my set will be here on Friday.

The lofts are less than the RSi2...enough to notice some loss of distance. I had the same thing coming from the TP CB to the RSi TP. I am pondering getting these real hard though. They look great!

I hit the forged and Regular PSi's at PGA SS they are really nice looking clubs love the feel of the forged clubs but alas my swing doesn't seem to. Not enough difference between the cast version and my RSI 2's to make any changes to my bag.

You could always have them bent strong to match your RSi2 lofts....just a thought.

I haven't hit them yet and can't wait to try them out!

You could always have them bent strong to match your RSi2 lofts....just a thought.
I thought about that but was advised against it. I will try them out in florida in a couple of weeks and I should get an idea then. If I like them and need the distance, I will bend them then.

These would be a cool custom option!

You can get them as well...scroll to the bottom of the page. They have extended this program to us as well. I think that is pretty cool.

http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi.html?icid=hp-h2-CTA2-PSiPAR
[h=4]WIN WITH PS[FONT=venirNextLTW01-MediumI_721278]i[/FONT][/h][h=4]BADGE OF A
CHAMPION.
[/h]ANY TOUR PROFESSIONAL THAT WINS A
TOURNAMENT WITH PSI WILL HAVE THEIR IRONS
DONNED WITH GOLD PLATED BADGES AS A SYMBOL
OF THEIR VICTORY. THIS PROGRAM HAS ALSO BEEN
EXTENDED TO YOU AS WELL.

You can get them as well...scroll to the bottom of the page. They have extended this program to us as well. I think that is pretty cool.

http://taylormadegolf.com/PSi.html?icid=hp-h2-CTA2-PSiPAR
WIN WITH PS[FONT=venirNextLTW01-MediumI_721278]i[/FONT]

BADGE OF A
CHAMPION.

ANY TOUR PROFESSIONAL THAT WINS A
TOURNAMENT WITH PSI WILL HAVE THEIR IRONS
DONNED WITH GOLD PLATED BADGES AS A SYMBOL
OF THEIR VICTORY. THIS PROGRAM HAS ALSO BEEN
EXTENDED TO YOU AS WELL.

Well one has to win a tournament with them of course first and then send them back in.
But it makes sense from the aspect that they have kind of moved on from this line (and quickly) and there is a lot of inventory left.

Anyone have any extended experience with the PSi Tours?

How do they compare to 714 AP2 and 716 CBs?

Anyone have any updated information on these irons?
Lot of talk about looks and so forth. How do these perform? Forgiveness?
Thanks a lot!

Did anyone here try or buy a set of PSI's with the Kuro Kage 90 graphite shaft???

I know most choose the proprietary (made for), stock steel KBS C-Taper 105 shaft, but the Kuro Kage was the PSI's stock graphite iron shaft option, and looks like a good shaft on paper.

Haven't heard much of anything about this kuro kage graphite iron shaft or how it compares to the stock steel....any feedback from anyone using it?

Did anyone here try or buy a set of PSI's with the Kuro Kage 90 graphite shaft???

I know most choose the proprietary (made for), stock steel KBS C-Taper 105 shaft, but the Kuro Kage was the PSI's stock graphite iron shaft option, and looks like a good shaft on paper.

Haven't heard much of anything about this kuro kage graphite iron shaft or how it compares to the stock steel....any feedback from anyone using it?

i tried them and for me it launched too low and felt a bit stiff for me in regular flex. I struggle to get any height on my iron shots. I went with the reax graphite shaft which are working great. The only downer with the shafts is that they have m2 graphics on them.

Anyone have any updated information on these irons?
Lot of talk about looks and so forth. How do these perform? Forgiveness?
Thanks a lot!

I've been playing these irons for about a year now. TM PSi Tour Irons with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts. The shafts almost perform like an extra stiff shaft.

1. The looks are great - it's a beautiful forged iron that looks, and is, a bit more forgiving than most forged irons
2. The launch may be a slight bit lower than average, but only on the longer irons. I have no problem with 5-iron - W with launch. I ditched the 3-iron for a hybrid because I couldn't hit it high enough. FWIW I actually launch these higher than my previous DCI 990's.
3. Their forgiveness is only average in my opinion. Mis-hits tend to still have good flight, but certainly lose yardage.
4. When my iron game is on and I'm swinging good - I throw darts with these bad boys.
5. The feel of these irons is superb. Solid strikes feel amazing.
6. I bought these after playing with DCI 990's for like 15 years. It was a tough adjustment, but I had my best year of golf last year playing these irons. They will stay in the bag this year and next year I might consider looking at a new line, but maybe not!

Anyone have any extended experience with the PSi Tours?

How do they compare to 714 AP2 and 716 CBs?

I tried both of these in comparison to the PSi tours when I got fitted a year ago.

AP2 seemed a bit more bulky and the CBs were much harder to hit in my opinion.

To each his own, it's all preference.

I've been playing these irons for about a year now. TM PSi Tour Irons with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts. The shafts almost perform like an extra stiff shaft.

1. The looks are great - it's a beautiful forged iron that looks, and is, a bit more forgiving than most forged irons
2. The launch may be a slight bit lower than average, but only on the longer irons. I have no problem with 5-iron - W with launch. I ditched the 3-iron for a hybrid because I couldn't hit it high enough. FWIW I actually launch these higher than my previous DCI 990's.
3. Their forgiveness is only average in my opinion. Mis-hits tend to still have good flight, but certainly lose yardage.
4. When my iron game is on and I'm swinging good - I throw darts with these bad boys.
5. The feel of these irons is superb. Solid strikes feel amazing.
6. I bought these after playing with DCI 990's for like 15 years. It was a tough adjustment, but I had my best year of golf last year playing these irons. They will stay in the bag this year and next year I might consider looking at a new line, but maybe not!

Thanks for the information! I seem to have a pretty high ball flight, but that's probably based on the ****** stock shafts in my S55's

Back