2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool like my wife actually just got me the shoes I was looking at for Valentines Day, she let my kids pick all the colors so that was kinda neat.
87a67fb58f9403dcea241febf4b9400b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool like my wife actually just got me the shoes I was looking at for Valentines Day, she let my kids pick all the colors so that was kinda neat.
87a67fb58f9403dcea241febf4b9400b.jpg

Same shoes Rory wears when he works out.

*opens can of worms*

I realized I never uploaded my videos from Monday.

Squats have some knee slide. I need to work on tightness at the bottom.

Deads, hook gripped 435 for a set of five. Didn't feel nice but they went smoothly. I have been neglecting my deadlift training lately and it bothers me.

Same shoes Rory wears when he works out.

*opens can of worms*

Well if you follow the OH/MI #RR I am #jspangslong, that's kind like Rory long

Let me know when you're a certified personal trainer and I'll watch your videos :alien:

Keep crushing it buddy. Deadlifts are always the thing I dread most.

Let me know when you're a certified personal trainer and I'll watch your videos :alien:

Keep crushing it buddy. Deadlifts are always the thing I dread most.
I think the course to become a certified crossfit trainer is like 2 hours long no joke lol

I think the course to become a certified crossfit trainer is like 2 hours long no joke lol

I watched some of that competition on tv over the weekend and good lord those people are crazy. It's impressive, but scary at the same time.

Yup. 3 hours to be a level 1 Crossfit instructor. The NSCA certification takes a few hours, a few hundred dollars and a 75% on an exam or something not too far off. None of those certifications require demonstrating the ability to coach the movements.
I watched some of that competition on tv over the weekend and good lord those people are crazy. It's impressive, but scary at the same time.
Those folks are scary, but do not be fooled, they are not coming out the local Crossfit boxes. A lot of those competitors train on their own and rarely follow WODs

Scary is definitely the word. Im not hating either, in fact I dont have a problem with crossfit but some of those movements are down right scary lol

Scary is definitely the word. Im not hating either, in fact I dont have a problem with crossfit but some of those movements are down right scary lol
A lot of those competitors are impressive in their ability. Not going to hide it. Now, a lot of the stuff coming out of local boxes are scary as hell

HIIT this morning followed by grilled chicken breast for breakfast.

I've got to figure something out because while my waist is shrinking, my already large thighs are expanding and it is making it very difficult to get pants to fit right.

I've been reading starting strength volume 2 when I have time (not often) thanks to Mr. Hicksta and I think I found a key about back tension that I wasn't doing right, so I'm excited to try it in the gym tomorrow for squats and deads.

I've got to figure something out because while my waist is shrinking, my already large thighs are expanding and it is making it very difficult to get pants to fit right.

I've been reading starting strength volume 2 when I have time (not often) thanks to Mr. Hicksta and I think I found a key about back tension that I wasn't doing right, so I'm excited to try it in the gym tomorrow for squats and deads.
I feel you on the thighs.

A lot of those competitors are impressive in their ability. Not going to hide it. Now, a lot of the stuff coming out of local boxes are scary as hell
They are damn strong and probably some of the most fit people I've seen but that doesnt mean some of the movements aren't sketchy lol like you said, bring that to an amateur level and it becomes worse.

One word of caution on SS2E, some of the wording and movement patterns have changed. I'm not sure if SS2E is press 1.0 or 2.0. I've only ever read SS3E.

Looking at supplements. I do mostly body weight and I am pushing the edge of overtraining. My diet is not enough any more. from what i have done in research so far, it looks like a BCAA, Glutamine, and a protein supplement are in order. I eat most of my protein, but i am worried about catabolism at this point. I have the room to add a protein shake in my intake and maintain goals. I am not looking to bulk, its mostly lean muscle mass i am going for. Any product recommendations? (or other thoughts).

Supplement questions are tough. There's a lot of bro science with them.

I try to get my supplements from my food and take a creatine supplement that is supposed to help with recovery.

As can be observed, I am not a lean muscle mass guy so I can't be of too much help. I do believe that some visitors to this thread can be of better help.

Looking at supplements. I do mostly body weight and I am pushing the edge of overtraining. My diet is not enough any more. from what i have done in research so far, it looks like a BCAA, Glutamine, and a protein supplement are in order. I eat most of my protein, but i am worried about catabolism at this point. I have the room to add a protein shake in my intake and maintain goals. I am not looking to bulk, its mostly lean muscle mass i am going for. Any product recommendations? (or other thoughts).

I am much of the belief, especially when trying to build lean muscle mass, that you can get the protein you need from food instead of supplements. I might suggest BCAAs to help with recovery, but they aren't going to help you look more defined. Creatine is another one to look into, and if you need more protein and have room in your calories, then protein powder can be an acceptable substitute, and it is one I rely on during days that I cannot get protein totally from food.

Good luck on your journey sir

I am definitely going the BCAA+ Glutamine route. I am going to try ON Pro BCAA - i have always liked their products historically. I am still looking for a Protein tho. I don't like taking in artificial sweeteners etc.

I am definitely going the BCAA+ Glutamine route. I am going to try ON Pro BCAA - i have always liked their products historically. I am still looking for a Protein tho. I don't like taking in artificial sweeteners etc.

Go with something organic then. I don't care about artificial sweeteners so I have plenty of options.

Just a pre workout (C4 currently) and Protien. I'm not big into supplements, I don't care for putting extras in my body.

I use this. Its absolutely delicious and has no artificial sweeteners. As others said you should try to get everything from eating properly but as we know, that's not easy. I make shakes to help me hit my daily values and it sure makes it easier. I stick with whey and although I dont use it, creatine is very safe and could help too. I don't like a ton of crazy supplements so I stick with the basics that simply work. I take a multivitamin as well.

http://m.gnc.com/Optimum-Nutrition-...avored-Vanilla/product.jsp?productId=57311686

I use this. Its absolutely delicious and has no artificial sweeteners. As others said you should try to get everything from eating properly but as we know, that's not easy. I make shakes to help me hit my daily values and it sure makes it easier. I stick with whey and although I dont use it, creatine is very safe and could help too. I don't like a ton of crazy supplements so I stick with the basics that simply work. I take a multivitamin as well.

http://m.gnc.com/Optimum-Nutrition-...avored-Vanilla/product.jsp?productId=57311686

I will add, I got my Protien at Costco, $47 for 6lbs and it is pretty good, but I just get Vanilla.

I will add, I got my Protien at Costco, $47 for 6lbs and it is pretty good, but I just get Vanilla.

Yep vanilla is a must for me. I like to add a banana, milk and some other stuff which tastes great with vanilla. Optimum Nutrition is a bit more expensive but it's very quality stuff so I dont mind paying a bit more. I also like how well this stuff disolves when I just use milk and my shaker cup. I've had stuff in the past that clumped and was just gross you know?

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Yep vanilla is a must for me. I like to add a banana, milk and some other stuff which tastes great with vanilla. Optimum Nutrition is a bit more expensive but it's very quality stuff so I dont mind paying a bit more. I also like how well this stuff disolves when I just use milk and my shaker cup. I've had stuff in the past that clumped and was just gross you know?

I've used the GNC protein it was very good. But honesty I like the Costco stuff better and it's cheaper. I haven't had any problems with any clumps in a shaker cup.

When I get home I'll look at the name of it.

http://m.costco.com/Optimum-Nutriti...„¢-Protein-90-Servings.product.100138794.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back