The Disney World Thread

Alright, accommodations are booked. How about food? Where should I make lunch/dinner reservations? Any recommendations?

Alright, accomodations are booked. How about food? Where should I make lunch/dinner reservations? Any recommendations?

At Magic Kingdom?
Or just around Orlando?

Alright, accommodations are booked. How about food? Where should I make lunch/dinner reservations? Any recommendations?

My suggestion, take the monorail over to Kona Cafe for dinner. As for lunch in the park, Columbia Harbour House is my go to.

Fupresti freaking nailed it.

My suggestion, take the monorail over to Kona Cafe for dinner. As for lunch in the park, Columbia Harbour House is my go to.

There is no issue with that if we only have tickets for Magic Kingdom?

There is no issue with that if we only have tickets for Magic Kingdom?

Nope. You have in and out privileges all day.

Kona Cafe is at the Polynesia Hotel. About a 5 minute monorail ride. Or you can take a boat if you want a more unique experience.

Kona is also badass for breakfast.

Tonga. Toast. My goodness.

Made our ADRs for our trip in May at our 180 day mark and got everything we wanted: dinners at California Grill, Jiko, Artist Point, Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:10 am, and lunch at Be Our Guest at noon. Doubt we'll have as much luck with FP+ since we are staying offsite. Renting a vrbo 3br/2bath house with swimming pool in Kissimmee for under $700 for 6 days.

Made our ADRs for our trip in May at our 180 day mark and got everything we wanted: dinners at California Grill, Jiko, Artist Point, Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:10 am, and lunch at Be Our Guest at noon. Doubt we'll have as much luck with FP+ since we are staying offsite. Renting a vrbo 3br/2bath house with swimming pool in Kissimmee for under $700 for 6 days.

I really enjoy eating at the California Grill & watching the Fireworks, its a great spot.

I really enjoy eating at the California Grill & watching the Fireworks, its a great spot.

DW and I have been twice but it's been since before we had the boy. Will be his first time up there (will be almost 5) so we're doing an earlier meal instead of fireworks time, but should get some sunset views. I know the menu has completely changed now.

Time for some Fast Pass. What would you recommend for an 8 yr old boy and 11 yr old girl @ Magic Kingdom?

Buzz Lightyear

Time for some Fast Pass. What would you recommend for an 8 yr old boy and 11 yr old girl @ Magic Kingdom?

I took a 10y old girl. it all depends.

Big Thunder Mountain RR - mid-level coaster. Space Mountain was a little intense for my daughter (Dark coaster). This one's a bit less intense.
Seven Dwarves Mine Train - never got on this, couldn't even get a FP, crazy popular. Pretty much a kiddie coaster from what I know.
Splash Mountain
Meet Elsa and Anna - huge waits w/o FP. Maybe even with. Tough to get, and maybe the boy isn't interested. We did Cindy and Rapunzel.
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Haunted Mansion ( a personal fave)

All of those had pretty big waits while we were there. Daughter did like Small World and Enchanted Tales, but we walked into those without much problem.

Good to know. That didn't make the short list.

If their daring, Splash Mountain is a really fun ride, but I am not sure how Buddy feels about drops in things like coasters. Its not a bad one, and water awaits, but a great ride.

Peter Pan. It's an insane wait otherwise.

We had a planner do everything and the fp's we had have been life saving. Peter Pan, the 7 dwarves ride, buzz light year, the belle story thing, Winnie the Pooh ride and then 7 dwarves again. The only one we didn't really need it was the belle story so I'd recommend those. Also, the planners don't cost anything and was awesome in making everything run smoothly.

Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Pirates Of The Caribbean, also good ones.

Couple things to note: once the fireworks and, people start to vacate the park in larger groups. Some of the bigger rides will have much less wait times by then.

When the park closes, they finish boarding the guests in line. Longest wait, last ride of the night.

Once you've used three of your fast passes and they finish their window, you can book another one via the kiosk

Peter Pan. It's an insane wait otherwise.

But the new queue is awesome. I'd rather go through the line now. Just make sure you do it first thing or it will be a crazy long wait for a 2 minute ride.

Or queue is better now, but the ride itself is better in Disneyland. :)

Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Pirates Of The Caribbean, also good ones.

Couple things to note: once the fireworks and, people start to vacate the park in larger groups. Some of the bigger rides will have much less wait times by then.

When the park closes, they finish boarding the guests in line. Longest wait, last ride of the night.

Once you've used three of your fast passes and they finish their window, you can book another one via the kiosk

Space mountain is probably the only roller coaster i have never enjoyed... Something about getting whipped around in the dark and not knowing which way we were going was nerve wreaking.. Even though the lines were pretty slow, i wouldn't have gone back.

I'm with you Girard.

Just purchased my tickets for DisneyWorld. My daughter knew we were driving down to Ft. Lauderdale after Christmas and said..."Daddy are we going to stop at Disney?" I mean how could I actually say no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the Doc and I are taking Lotte on her first trip already! She won a conference with her test scores within the program and picked Orlando so we are only having to foot my flight on this one as well as park tickets. She's a little young still, but Lotte is also BRILLIANT and loves her some disney characters already.

Excited.

Looks like the Doc and I are taking Lotte on her first trip already! She won a conference with her test scores within the program and picked Orlando so we are only having to foot my flight on this one as well as park tickets. She's a little young still, but Lotte is also BRILLIANT and loves her some disney characters already.

Excited.
I say you're never too young or TOO Old to enjoy the magic of Disney!! Have a great trip.

Back