Android Phone Thread

If you only use 3GB a month between two lines, and that is a higher end total, I wouldn't see any scenario where you would have to hang onto the unlimited. 8-10 years ago, unlimited was the way to go since WiFi wasn't as big as it is now so we tended to use up more cell data. Now, between home and work, and many places in between, it is easy to connect without using data. We have a three lines in our home, one is a teenager, and typically use about 10MB or so of our shared 15. I don't know how much it is for 25MB or 30MB or if they even offer unlimited, but even for as much as we use data, it just isn't necessary. I'm sure some have a need for it, but it isn't us.

I would go on the website or go to a store and work up a plan change for two lines with 6GB of data and see what it will cost you. I don't know what your whole plan is, but my guess would be it will be significantly less that what you are paying right now, especially with the new data charge. The plans now are pretty much unlimited talk and text for x/month, then the data charge based on how much you get. If you want to upgrade phones you can tack those on for $20-25/month and be able to trade in after 12-18-24 months. Some of the older deals are good to hang onto, but, depending on needs, you get more for your dollar now than what it was several years ago.
Thanks for your response. We switched to the 3GB plan which is half of the cost of keeping the unlimited plan. As you pointed out we're connected to WiFi at home so our cell data usage is pretty limited. If we regularly come close to the 3GB limit I will just upgrade to the 6GB plan for an additional $15.00 per month.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk

Nexus 5 had a drop and the screen started to be unresponsive. Nexus 6P it is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just picked up the droid turbo 2. Closest thing to my old moto x. Amazing battery.

Nexus 5 had a drop and the screen started to be unresponsive. Nexus 6P it is.

How do you like it? Haven't heard anything good regarding 6p

How do you like it? Haven't heard anything good regarding 6p

Read a lot on it, liked what I had read. Only have had it for three full days now. Biggest issue for me is getting use to the size coming from the 5. Other than that, Marshmallow is super smooth and fast on it. Camera is a massive upgrade. The finger print reader on the back is genius, placed in a spot that the phone is already unlocked when I take it out of my pocket. Also have front facing speakers is nice in combo with the two years of free Spotify from my carrier.

Amoled displays are far from perfect and I'd prefer OLED, but can't be too picky.

The Nexus experience is too good for me to switch to anything else. Looked at the Note 5 and 6 Edge+, but having that immediate software update and being unlocked was something I didn't want to give up.

I have read a ton of quality reviews on the 6P and if I hadn't upgraded to the Nexus 6 earlier I would have definitely got that phone.

I have read a ton of quality reviews on the 6P and if I hadn't upgraded to the Nexus 6 earlier I would have definitely got that phone.
Me too. Many more positive than negative. I've had it for almost a full 4 weeks now. So far so good. Some things I miss, mostly SD card. But I'm working on loading my pics in to Amazon and Google Photos. I like USB C but I hate that I need to go buy cables. Also I wish UAG or Tech21 made a case for it.

Me too. Many more positive than negative. I've had it for almost a full 4 weeks now. So far so good. Some things I miss, mostly SD card. But I'm working on loading my pics in to Amazon and Google Photos. I like USB C but I hate that I need to go buy cables. Also I wish UAG or Tech21 made a case for it.
Yeah I miss the SD card also but I use Dropbox and the camera upload and then just empty it when it gets filled. Google Photos is awesome been using it for a while now

I feel I should buy a cable or three now or else I'll end up putting it off and being without.

Cyber Monday on the Google Store has $80 off of the new Nexus phones. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 5X.

EDIT: Trigger pulled.

Last edited:
Cyber Monday on the Google Store has $80 off of the new Nexus phones. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 5X.

Giving that a thumbs up. If the 5x would have been available through my carrier, it would have been mine. Fantastic size with really solid specs.

Pulled the trigger on Project Fi and the Nexus 5x 32gb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Love my Nexus 6 only wish I would have ditched Samsung earlier.

I am looking for a car dock for my Nexus 6 any recommendations? I think I want an adjustable one so that the wife could use it

I am looking for a car dock for my Nexus 6 any recommendations? I think I want an adjustable one so that the wife could use it
One of the best "mounts" I have ever used, so easy. Comes with a very very thin sliver of metal to make the magnet attach to it as the mount. Doesnt interfere with cell signal, and has a smooth finish on it so it doesnt damage anything in between the case/phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZBMUK2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Nice little update for the Google Camera. Just got it tonight

Do you use your CD player? I generally don't so I started using this since I have been playing music through my AUX jack.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WEB0D2I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

61kSH0xSpTL._SL1000_.jpg

That looks cool and would work pretty well given where my CD player is located

I had to put mine in upside down, as the top and bottom of the slot don't line up (the top doesn't stick out as far). It works fine in the Outback, but if your dash is like the picture, there might be an issue where the shifter is. As you can see below, the CD player is so far above the shifter in the Outback, it is no big deal. But it's only like ten bucks so if it doesn't work in your car, it could be a unique gift for someone!

39333015.jpg

I have one of those as well, but maybe a lesser quality one. The plastic that attaches into the CD player slot has split. It does work really well otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How long did it work for you? For ten bucks, it's kind of disposable. If I like how this one works, I will most likely spend some more for the next one.

How long did it work for you? For ten bucks, it's kind of disposable. If I like how this one works, I will most likely spend some more for the next one.
Worked well for about 3 months. I still use it when I need the GPS or Waze, but it does move around inside the CD player slot a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've been using the Casio G'zone Commando 4GLTE for 2 yrs. now. I should say 3 G'zone Commandos. They have been the biggest hunks of garbage I've ever had. Mind you, this is/was my 1st smart phone. I need ruff and rugged. I spent more time on the phone with Verizon the 1st 6 months I had one than I did the previous 12 years I was with them as my provider. I'm also due for my upgrade with Verizon. Any suggestions. I don't want to get much bigger and also would like something durable, but this hunk of crap has to go.

Back