Looking at a new wedge purchase.

wgist87

Hack n' Slash
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious as to what people are gaming in their 56* and 60* wedges. Wondering about the edel offerings as well as Miura and Scratch if anyone has those on the daily rotation.

Open to all other brands as well, budget isnt set so fire away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Callaway MD3 (54) and PM grind (60) for me, best I've ever played.

54* is Bridgestone J40 and 58* is Callaway PM Grind wedge. LOVE the PM grind.

I have md3 54 and PM grind 58

Glad to hear about the PM grind. They look VERY nice, even better they are on CPO!

I might be a little biased
6f9dc57728ca1ccc7b1116df966300ea.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cleveland 2.0s and like the j15 as well

J15s are as good a wedge as I've ever hit. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend them!

PxG. Not kidding.

I love my Bridgestone J15 60* and my W/S FG Tour 56*.
So many good options out there. You really cannot go wrong.

Last edited:
J15s are awesome, Hopkins and like the cally MD3 as well

just got fitted for md3 today. waiting for some live action with them on Monday, but I am really excited about these b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently picked up a set of older Eidolon wedges 48, 52, 56, 60* and liking the additional head weight... starting to appreciate the similar feel between lofts also.

I have played a lot of the different wedges out thier this year. For my money my 2 favorites are the J40 and the MD3. Play the PM grind at 64 but am pondering moving that down to a 58 or 60. Wilson Staff wedges were solid for me but not as good as the bridgestones.

I'm curious what the OP is specifically looking for in his next wedge purchases and what it is about the wedges that are making different people report them as their favorites (I think it has been reported by the people in the know on this site that all wedges spin the ball about the same as others).

To the OP - I've played 4 sets. Some offered different strengths or features than others (Bridgestone and Cleveland are heavier, for example) but they were all good.

Still love my SCOR's, and they can be found on the cheap now that they've been discontinued in favor of the Ben Hogan line.

Md wedges are great along with vokey. The SM6 should come out here in the next few months. Those have peaked my interest.

MD3 54-10-S and 58-8-C.

Really looking for a solid wedge, that not only performs but looks great. (I think we all like a little bling) although looks come far behind performance. Im playing the Mizuno MPT4 60*, and while it has good spin and bounce, i do not personally like the grind and tend to have issues on tight lies.

I've even eyed the top flite tour stuff, the milling is insane, but it is top flite.

Just looking for recommendations based on quality, performance and grind options. The vokey is obviously proven and the MD3 is shining bright lately, ready to pull the trigger sooner than later

Seems the MD3 is very popular.

Vokey SM5 or wait a few months for the new SM6. They look awesome in pictures!

Mizuno s2 jpx wedges and Cleveland CB are the only ones I use anymore.

Ping Glide 56° SS and 60° TS - really like them

Ping Glide 56° SS and 60° TS - really like them

I've always been a big fan of Ping wedges myself. IMO, the original Eye2 wedges where the best wedges to get a ball out of the sand, regardless of sand type. They are still in the bag today.

Back