Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-Taper Lite shafts? Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed one in my apex hybrid. Love the solid feel it provides and the weight isnt too heavy. Way better experience in hybrid that in my irons before.

Just installed one in my apex hybrid. Love the solid feel it provides and the weight isnt too heavy. Way better experience in hybrid that in my irons before.

I play PXi in 5.5 now because I like the feel over the Pxi6.0. I can easily play the 6.0 but the weight and kick I feel with the 5.5 was too good to pass up. Curious how the CTL compare

I play PXi in 5.5 now because I like the feel over the Pxi6.0. I can easily play the 6.0 but the weight and kick I feel with the 5.5 was too good to pass up. Curious how the CTL compare

For me, I don't have a quick tempo swing so I definitely understand liking to feel the kick in the shaft during the downswing. The CTL still provides that but doesn't feel like a noodle when I take 3/4 swings. I don't worry about overswinging with the CTL either.

Seriously considering a Cobra-heavy bag. I love the new Forged TEC irons and the LTD driver.

Love the look of those new APEX hybrids. When your done with in acouple weeks send up north for me to try for a bit

Callaway. Duh.

#TheGrandaddy. Duh.

Callaway Badassery at #TheGrandaddy. DUH!

BB1F. love that green.

Same with me. So much good cobra stufff
How is that KING LTD / Heavenwood combo for you? I thought the Heavenwood was supposed to be like a high-launching 3 or 4 wood, is it actually shorter? Or do they have similar distances for you but different uses?

How is that KING LTD / Heavenwood combo for you? I thought the Heavenwood was supposed to be like a high-launching 3 or 4 wood, is it actually shorter? Or do they have similar distances for you but different uses?

The HW is physically as long as a 3/4w. Not in distance though, which it isn't supposed to be anyways.

The HW is physically as long as a 3/4w. Not in distance though, which it isn't supposed to be anyways.
Got it, I think I've been confused about that. It's 7W on a 3W shaft, right? Where does that put it distance-wise, about a 5W?

Got it, I think I've been confused about that. It's 7W on a 3W shaft, right? Where does that put it distance-wise, about a 5W?
Its a tweener, not a 7w not a 5w, the profile/size is a bit bigger.

Distance varies, for me it plays longer than a 5w does while for others I have played with it slots in at that 4hy range, all about that fit.

About. It's basically a higher launching option for me at least.

I love my Big Bertha stand bag, but with the winter upon me I will be walking more and would like something lightweight with plenty of room on top of the bag.

I love my Big Bertha stand bag, but with the winter upon me I will be walking more and would like something lightweight with plenty of room on top of the bag.

#AquaDry

I honestly adore this bag.

#AquaDry

I honestly adore this bag.

Is it really any lighter then my current bag? I agree the Aqua Dry is great but it seemed kind of beefy.

Is it really any lighter then my current bag? I agree the Aqua Dry is great but it seemed kind of beefy.

Hell of a lot lighter than that monster. Was also lighter than my Sun Mountain prior by a large margin. I carry now full time, don't even bother with the Clic Gear since I moved to this one.

Mine was beefy because it had 28 clubs in it. LOL

I like the combo personally. I get about 15-20 yards more with the king.
Different ball flights and I am a little more confident with the heaven wood right now so if my swing doesn't feel great I will use that more. Plus I like the king off the tee in tight spots.

I use a Sun Mountain 3.5, and it's good for carrying. Pretty light, but plenty of pockets. 4 way divider, which is plenty IMO.

Tested out the Apex CF16 and PSI irons today. Came away impressed with both offerings. 7 iron distance on well struck shots was around 180 carry, average 82 mph swing speed and ball speed around 120 I believe. I did not really feel or see any differences between the two. The CF16 looks a little more pleasing at address however.

Anyone game a Salty cork putter grip?

Anyone game a Salty cork putter grip?

They were a big "meh" for me. Look WAY better than they feel.

BB is 6 lbs to the Aqua Dry's 5. Owned both, but if you're going to carry, I'd go lighter than the Aqua Dry. Pockets for days on the Aqua Dry, but club storage was about the same.

They were a big "meh" for me. Look WAY better than they feel.

Good to know sir. Was curious to see how the lighter weight grip affected the feel of the head. That's basically the only reason I may consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back