Tour Edge Exotics Iron Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Iron Woods from Tour Edge Exotics feature a lot of technology. With the muscle back shaping and hollow body design, they are designed for distance and forgiveness in a form factor that is pleasing to the eye. We wanted to get to more information so while at their headquarters in Batavia, IL, we sat down with Tour Edge founder David Glod to have him break the line down.

I cannot wait to play the entire set, the 7 and 9 I already hit were unbelievable.

Will the complete 2-LW set be available in the dark finish?

It had the KK as the stock graphite in the one I hit and the KBS as the stock steel, I'll be curious to see/hear what the final specs are on them.

So are these hybrid replacements or irons? They look like a faster p790 to me

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Admin
I cannot wait to play the entire set, the 7 and 9 I already hit were unbelievable.

Will the complete 2-LW set be available in the dark finish?

It had the KK as the stock graphite in the one I hit and the KBS as the stock steel, I'll be curious to see/hear what the final specs are on them.

Yes full set available in black.

These sound like a great set of irons and I look forward to comparing them to my CB PROh. I live on the bottom half of the club face and the way these are designed might really help me.

• Admin
These sound like a great set of irons and I look forward to comparing them to my CB PROh. I live on the bottom half of the club face and the way these are designed might really help me.

I actually asked David about the low forgiveness and he lit up about that being his miss too.

Look forward to on course reviews, this is something I could see my son gravitating to.

Tour Edge Exotics Iron Woods

These are really cool looking clubs, I imagine they’ll do very well for Tour Edge.

Last edited:
  • Admin
These are really cool looking clubs, and James’ thoughts on these really made the point that they’re a phenomenal value and a very solid club.

Those are the HL3 line and this is Exotics so they are different, but easy to get confused.

Those are the HL3 line and this is Exotics so they are different, but easy to get confused.

I just noticed that. Whoops. These do look good though. Hopefully thp gets some in for review.

These look really good in hand and the black that is mentioned is pretty good looking as well. Surprised nobody has mentioned the shaft that is in this club in the video yet :alien:

Great video.

Was pricing mentioned? The individual CBX Ironwoods run $199 for the chrome & $249 for the black per iron. Hopefully that pricing will change to a more reasonable # per iron for the full set.

I loved the feel!
I was able to try out the 7 and 9 iron, the 7 with KK graphite and 9 with KBS, holy cow these things are amazing, I have a feeling a 2-GW set in KK will be in my bag sometime in 2018!!!

YzpJ06o.jpg

Feels amazing and I was getting awesome distance, 185 carry and 200 total on the 7 and around 165 carry on the 9.
VpG5eIW.jpg
Fx1gI8J.jpg

Even looks good at address.
v5CSfLD.jpg

Great video!!! I'll admit I know nothing about Tour Edge, but that looks like it would be fun to put some swings on.

Great video!!! I'll admit I know nothing about Tour Edge, but that looks like it would be fun to put some swings on.

Some solid videos as of late with the company should help ease the introduction.

Excellent video here. Thanks!

Having seen these in hand, they're pretty awesome.

After watching the video I must admit these are pretty interesting. I don't see much Tour Edge around here but it would definitely be fun to take some swipes with these.

Excellent video here. Thanks!

Having seen these in hand, they're pretty awesome.

Did you get a chance to hit them?

I have been a Tour Edge fan for many years and more than likely own these at some point.

I'm a bit confused on full set release date. David is saying May and at the same time a drop down appears with an April 15th date.

JB I know that you know, so would you please clarify the release date for the full set offering.

Thanks!

These were just officially announced by Tour Edge.
May 15th they ship.

Great video.

Was pricing mentioned? The individual CBX Ironwoods run $199 for the chrome & $249 for the black per iron. Hopefully that pricing will change to a more reasonable # per iron for the full set.
Retail Steel $150 and graphite $200
Specs below:
0CzwFIi.png

gIXj4Z4.jpg

I just want to quote what I wrote in the Ultimate Weekend Live Update thread and let that speak for my experience with the TEE Iron-woods:
I was reading back through this thread, and remembered this moment. So glad that @Molten decided to grab the Ironwoods to mess around with on Sunday. On a whim I decided to grab the 4 iron and hot it off the tee, and bam something clicked and I hit a nice straight shot out into the fairway. Next hole, I did it again. By the time we made the turn, he said "I'm just going to put these in your cart..."

Another standout comment "doesn't it get boring to be in the fairway all the time?" -Molten

I only ended up hitting driver 1 time during the first 18 at the conservatory, and I think I was close to 100% in the fairway with that 4 iron off the tee. They are such good clubs, and for me paired with the XP95 shafts were like magic. I really was struggling with my irons leading up to this event, but something about this combo just WORKS for me.

Here is a shot I took into the island green par 3 on the front at The Conservatory on Sunday Afternoon. Flew High and landed soft.
If there is any question if the CBX ironwoods spin enough this should calm any fears
3eceb6e35142e64718d22ba2f00912dc.jpg
9b54c78c734d04f9ee59c63e6e96c051.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Flying high and landing soft sounds like heaven to me!

Back