fistfullofbeer

Akshay ("Ak" + "Shay")
Reaction score
Handicap
20's
I am big fan of jerky. Specifically the spicy varieties. The one I usually get is the Katie's Premium Jerky based out of Ohio. It is available from Amazon so I order it from there. Normally the Carolina Reaper, 7 Pot Primo or Scorpion. Its good stuff.

Where do you guys normally get your Jerky from?

A friend of mine got me a bag of Ray's Own Jerky out of San Luis Obisbo, which is ridiculously good. It's a bit pricey though! I don't do crazy spicy, but I may scoop up a bag of Katie's Premium Jerky to check it out.

A friend of mine got me a bag of Ray's Own Jerky out of San Luis Obisbo, which is ridiculously good. It's a bit pricey though! I don't do crazy spicy, but I may scoop up a bag of Katie's Premium Jerky to check it out.

I am not a fan of spicy jerky either, I prefer sweet. Although, that Chef's cut buffalo chicken is really good. My biggest issue with jerky is that it weirds me out, I don't know why, but when I think about what it is, it sometimes turns my stomach.

My fav’s Are Ajay’s https://www.ajaysmontanabananas.com/purchase.html original peppered. It’s a dry jerkey that promotes the beef instead of flavoring.

Rays own raysownbrand.com hot, has a unique vinegar hint to it while not overly hot. Not as dry as ajays which is a drawback for me.

Jerkey hut https://thejerkyhut.com/ For those of us who also like lots of flavors. Their hot jerkey is amazing and depending which one you buy, can be scorching hot, ghost pepper hot! The habanero flavors are great, spicy but fantastic.

Last edited:
I am not a huge jerky fan, but if/when I do eat it, I prefer it to be super soft. Chef's cut is a great brand.

Chef's cut is pretty good. I have bought a few bags from Costco and loved it.

That is pricey. I may still give it a go and buy a bag or two. Katie's is pretty good. I went with the Scorpion XXX the first time and while I could eat it, I would never do it again. Its pretty much all heat and no flavor. The Carolina Reaper is still pretty spicy but has a really good blend of flavor and taste. I am not a fan of Ghost Pepper at all.

Venison jerky is my favorite but I do enjoy beef jerky as well.

I am big fan of jerky. Specifically the spicy varieties. The one I usually get is the Katie's Premium Jerky based out of Ohio. It is available from Amazon so I order it from there. Normally the Carolina Reaper, 7 Pot Primo or Scorpion. Its good stuff.

Where do you guys normally get your Jerky from?

I have never been big on jerky but am a huge very spicy food fan. May have to check these out.

Jerky is one of the few things I can eat even when I'm full. The price of it is why I only eat it a few times a year. I can eat $25 worth of jerky a day no problem. Love the spicy stuff.

That looks good. Does not really say what the Hot Jerky uses for making it hot though. Do you happen to know?

Sorry I do not, although I have eaten enough bags you would of thought that i would have looked at the ingredients. The Hot Jerky is mild to spicy with a very meaty taste. The spices do not take away but add to the favorable taste of the jerky.

Was something I always thought was as weird as hell when I was back in the UK. Love the stuff now though, the spicier the better.

#FiberLaunch

Back