Snell MTB Red Golf Ball Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @JB for putting this one up.

These were fun, those who've been asking for a higher spinning and launching MTB more akin to the likes of the 1x/XS/etc from Snell have their answer. It's a fun golf ball.

Another solid review James. I'll have to pick up a sleeve of both red and black and give them a whirl. Thanks again.

After reading that, I’m anxious to give this ball a go.

Another great writeup James. It's great to see products actually lining up with what the manufacturer says they'll do - from everything that's been put out there on the MTB Red, it looks like it'll be perfect for golfers who want that firm feel and greenside spin.

I think a lot of players are going to like the RED.

After reading that, I’m anxious to give this ball a go.

You’re not alone. This was a terrific review James, and seems like a ball that could work nicely for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding review James. Been waiting for detailed reviews on the new Snell MTBs. Sounds like this ball could address some of my needs and help my game. Will likely opt for the mixed dozen initially though to see how the different options work for my game.

Thanks all.

Solid review James. I already have these on my shopping list.

Great Review Jman! I'll have to give the test pack a try to see which ball Black or Red fits my game.

Great review mr miles.

Solid spin and launch increases, might be something I need to ponder.

Excellent review James. Red is probably not for me, but t it’s nice to see the real world testing match up with OEM statements. Not that surprising for Snell though, they’ve been pretty straightforward with everything they’ve said and they’re making an incredibly solid product.

Interesting offering!! Nice to see Snell keep progressing!! Gotta love that price point! Great write up James!

Good review. I'm thinking the red will be better for my game but I ordered both and will test them to find out for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

After reading James's review and going at it with the MTB Black, I'm looking forward to giving these a chance.

After reading James's review and going at it with the MTB Black, I'm looking forward to giving these a chance.

From my Titleist fitting, I learned that I need more launch and spin (ProV1x) and the MTB Red delivers. Now to compare V1x, Red, CS.

Great review, thanks! I'm definitely giving Snell golf a go after I run out of all the Vice balls I just ordered. I hear nothing but positive things from them and excited to try them out. I think the MTB Black better suits my game after reading about both of them, but might try them both out.

From my Titleist fitting, I learned that I need more launch and spin (ProV1x) and the MTB Red delivers. Now to compare V1x, Red, CS.

Without giving up the details for the MTB black, I'm kind of in the same boat, at least with the equipment combo I was testing.

I'm interested to see what you think. I was fit into the prov1x at my Titleist Thursday last year and have been gaming it ever since. I put the MTB Red in play to test against the Prov1X and it proved to be shorter on my tee shots by a decent margin. Irons, wedges and putter I didnt see any issues, but off the tee is where it proved I couldn't put it in play.

Between Jman's write up and listening to Dean on GU yesterday, the new offerings from Snell have me intrigued for this season.

i am really interested in a test pack of black and red. the increased spin around the greens is the only change i was looking for in snell's new offerings. but i wouldn't want to sacrifice any of the other excellent performance aspects of the og mtb. it was as long as anything else i gamed, and spin on full swings into greens was perfect. well-struck chips and pitches were also excellent, it was just those slight mishits that performed more like surlyn balls and ran out forever.

Thanks for the great review James. The increased spin has me a little concerned coming off the driver but it sounds like exactly what I need for my irons and wedges. It looks like Dean has hit another home run with this model.

I will definitely test out the MTB Red in Yellow at some point this year. I was pretty impressed by the OG MTB but like James I am a ProV1X user and it didn't meet my needs. Reading his review and the thoughts of others in the other thread has me curious and anxious for sure.

Absolutely a stand up review James. The value of the Snell MTB cannot be ignored and has proved the DtC model works! I like that they listened to people and split into Red and Black and we were provided with great statistical data as evidence that it actually does what it says! I will definitely be giving these a try this year in the trial pack to pit against the CS/CSX.

Back