Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Big Bertha is the best driver I've ever had and had it longer than any other, almost a year now. Most forgiving and longest. Hope it will be the last, don't think I can do any better.

I have found Bertha to be a great driver. Distance , forgiveness and Fubuki Z50 stock shaft are all very very good. Moving the weight to almost full fade setting was a game changer for me.

During my buying binge today, I also got a Big Bertha uDesign driver from Callaway Pre-Owned at 35% off. $130 for the black crown/red sole version, 9° with 2ND Gen Bassara 42 Graphite Regular shaft.

This review is what led me to get one for my wife a couple months ago, and her experience with it made me wish I had gotten one for myself. Well today the 35% off sealed the deal and it is on the way.

Nice . It took me a while to get mine dialed in, then when I got the settings right for me it quickly became my gamer. My 9 degree performs great at n plus 1 or plus 2. For me the weight has to be almost at full fade. That was a big surprise. The settings on the draw side, or the middle cause me to miss left or way left. This driver is a very strong performer, very good distance and really forgiving.

I've only gotten a handful of rounds in with the Big Bertha, but I gotta say that I am very happy I made the decision to retire the Razr Fit. Ball flight is down, distances are better and I am looking forward to my 2016 season! What a great club.

Has anyone replaced the 5 gram heel weight with a 15 gram weight and if so did it give more draw bias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only gotten a handful of rounds in with the Big Bertha, but I gotta say that I am very happy I made the decision to retire the Razr Fit. Ball flight is down, distances are better and I am looking forward to my 2016 season! What a great club.
My favorite driver ever. Coupled with a shaft to make it play at 47 inches, it's awesome.

Need to put a bigger sliding weight in one I have. Just need a tad more fade bias besides using lead tape. If you find one...please post

Need to put a bigger sliding weight in one I have. Just need a tad more fade bias besides using lead tape. If you find one...please post

I tried replacing the 5 gram weight with a 15 gram weight to get more draw bias but it didn't work just seemed to increase the head weight and felt unbalanced.

I tried replacing the 5 gram weight with a 15 gram weight to get more draw bias but it didn't work just seemed to increase the head weight and felt unbalanced.
I don't know that I will touch mine to adjust it again. I moved it just slightly off center to the draw setting (about the width of the weight) and haven't done anything with it since.

I don't know that I will touch mine to adjust it again. I moved it just slightly off center to the draw setting (about the width of the weight) and haven't done anything with it since.

I didn't find the Bertha to be as forgiving as the X2Hot for my swing, but I will say that the sliding weight absolutely has an effect on ball flight for sure. That's some tech that definitely works.

I didn't find the Bertha to be as forgiving as the X2Hot for my swing, but I will say that the sliding weight absolutely has an effect on ball flight for sure. That's some tech that definitely works.

I have an X Hot also and think that the Big Bertha might not be as forgiving but it is longer when you get it out of the middle

Last edited:

I have found the perfect balance put the 65 gram shaft out of a Big Bertha 3 Wood with the 15 gram weight. It is now a THRIVER 43" set at 12.5* it is longer and more forgiving than my Bertha Mini and just as accurate.

Last edited:
Back