Callaway X forged / Apex MB blended set

sean4par

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm considering this set up with 4 thru 7 in the X forged and 8 thru AW in Apex MB. Question is do I weaken X forged 6 and 7 iron one degree to match the Apex MB? Or strengthen the Apex mb 8, 9, pw and aw to match the x forged? Maybe a mute point of which way to go as long as the gaps are consistent but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Other option is go all x forged and stay away from the MB :)

Thanks
Sean

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm considering this set up with 4 thru 7 in the X forged and 8 thru AW in Apex MB. Question is do I weaken X forged 6 and 7 iron one degree to match the Apex MB? Or strengthen the Apex mb 8, 9, pw and aw to match the x forged? Maybe a mute point of which way to go as long as the gaps are consistent but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Other option is go all x forged and stay away from the MB :)

Thanks
Sean

You're going to have 2 degree tolerance from factory anyways so when you get your lie and loft checked you could go either way... honestly I would just focus on lie angles and making sure lofts are stock. 1 degree isn't going to create any distance gap that wouldn't be erased by strike quality anyways. If you were OCD about it and had to do one or the other, it would depend on

1. Do you want more (miniscule difference) launch and spin in your longer clubs?

2. Do you want potentially slightly more distance in your shorter clubs?

3. How do you feel about offset? Decreasing loft will produce more offset, reducing loft will reduce offset. (1 degree wouldn't be noticeable but we are being OCD LOL)

I had my 8-AW made 2* strong and the X forged 7-5 stock. My guy checked them on arrival and did some tweaking to get them just right. I was still struggling with the distances I got but that was my slow SS not the clubs. Very accurate set from top to bottom.

Back