Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align Grips

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New for this year, the Align technology from Golf Pride has expanded into their popular Tour Velvet line. This thread will serve as host for the reviews and thoughts on the new grips.

Message sent to GG. Looking forward to reviewing these. Having the opportunity to review products for THP is one of my favorite things in golf. I love the questions and engagement from the community. It makes me feel like I am contributing in some small way. It's just fun.

Looking forward to the reviews as I'm planning on getting these grips for most of my clubs.

• Admin
Looks like Rickie Fowler is testing these out right now.

I think one of the really cool things about these grips is how obvious they are in the hands of the pros. Hopefully most of the guys gaming a rib will transition to these so we will all then have a better handle on who is gaming rib grips. A buddy of mine was on the mini tours for a while and he told me there were two simple equipment related secrets on tour that most AMs may not realize:
1. Drivers less than 45"
2. Rib/reminder grips

Can’t wait to get these in hand and start the review process. Just got the tracking number

Grips have arrived. I was on my way to the range when I heard the mail truck, so I Quickly installed one grip on my driver. I used 3 buildup strips and one additional low. The size 60 butt had no issue taking the additional wraps.

I will have some feedback after this range session.
b28cd62699617c50aa798cebde537708.jpg
f4beb27cd2ff6b564c77cf2ff124ee43.jpg

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Taking a quick break to say that these grips are very nice and comfortable. Classic velvet feel. The align tech is ingenious! What I like most is that it is unobtrusive. It's nothing like the older rib tech which was very noticeable. These are much more subtle but you are aware of it throughout the swing. Not in a distracting way, just a subtle reminder.

I have recently made a slight grip change and it occurred to me that these can be installed to help promote a grip change. If they are installed with the reminder favoring one side or the other, the align tech can help you with adjusting to a new grip.

Well, break is over. My initial thoughts are that not only do these make a solid grip choice for everyday play, but also just installing one can help train you to a new grip change.

I will be installing these to the rest of the top of my bag and probably to the bottom as well. Men's club starts this weekend, I'm hitting the ball like a boss, and I immediately have confidence in these grips.

Thanks for the opportunity THP, I love equipment testing.

Last edited:
Taking a quick break to say that these grips are very nice and comfortable. Classic velvet feel. The align tech is ingenious! What I like most is that it is unobtrusive. It's nothing like the older rib tech which was very noticeable. These are much more subtle but you are aware of it throughout the swing. Not in a distracting way, just a subtle reminder.

I have recently made a slight grip change and it occurred to me that these can be installed to help promote a grip change. If they are installed with the reminder favoring one side or the other, the align tech can help you with adjusting to a new grip.

Well, break is over. My initial thoughts are that these grips just don't make a solid grip choice for everyday play, but just installing one can help train you to a new grip change.

I will be installing these to the rest of the top of my bag and probably to the bottom as well. Men's club starts this weekend, I'm hitting the ball like a boss, and I immediately have confidence in these grips.

Thanks for the opportunity THP, I love equipment testing.

Good initial thoughts Mesa. Hopefully mine show up in the next days or so. Really looking forward to giving these a try and providing feedback for the rest of the forum.

If these grips are just like mine, they are awesome. The line just sits in my fingers in the grip and kind of "remind" me of how the hands should set on the club.

But just a reminder .... if you aren't comfortable putting on your own grips, get them installed by a professional. Because with these they can be easily turned one way or the other as @mesaman777 says. So if they go on crooked, they can then help promote the "wrong" way to put your hands on the grip and then promote a hook or slice by closing or opening the face unintentionally. So golfer beware.

If these grips are just like mine, they are awesome. The line just sits in my fingers in the grip and kind of "remind" me of how the hands should set on the club.

But just a reminder .... if you aren't comfortable putting on your own grips, get them installed by a professional. Because with these they can be easily turned one way or the other as @mesaman777 says. So if they go on crooked, they can then help promote the "wrong" way to put your hands on the grip and then promote a hook or slice by closing or opening the face unintentionally. So golfer beware.
I'm going straight to the pro shop! I open my face enough without any potential screw ups on grip installation, lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They are awesome bro! I love the reminder. I was a little nervous at first and maybe a little sceptical too, but these are a well designed grip. I love the velvety feel and I don't think I'll miss the cord that all of my previous grips have had for the last several years. My gloves will last longer

On a side note, I really shouldn't have pulled a G400 Max out of the pro shop. I may be installing a GP allign on one of those tonight.........

I received one MCC Align grip today from Golf Pride. Was a very nice suprise.

Grips came today, dropped them and the clubs off this evening. Get to pick them up tomorrow, can't wait to play with them.

Nice review mesaman, looking forward to the others.

I got a plus4 align installed on my 4w and it's definitely helping with grip and alignment, the TVs were another one to try out before buying a full set but I found too good a deal on more plus4s to pass up, so on they'll go

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

First of all thank you to THP and Golf Pride for the opportunity, I got back into my office today and had this awesome surprise waiting for me!

A few impressions on the look, they'll be off to the course to be installed this afternoon, Driver, Wedges and then I don't know what I'll do with the last one.

Even the logo has a bit of alignment to it, I love the subtle details in the lines to create an alignment aid even outside of just using the words on the top of the gip.
1NfvjWy.jpg

The styling and subtle details are seen throughout, on the end cap, the letter and choice of fonts really add nice details to create a very overall pleasant look.
Yhpfqq8.jpg

The alignment aid really stands out in it's color choice and I can't wait to feel how it is once installed. For the Tour Velvet, there's no missing that it's the model with the subtle text added at the bottom, and there is a distinct pattern difference between the Align and the standard velvet pattern.
f3bhD0x.jpg

Grips came today, dropped them and the clubs off this evening. Get to pick them up tomorrow, can't wait to play with them.

Can't wait for your review, Maric! I'm in the process of regripping so it'll be interesting!

Grips have arrived and they look awesome!

b2e951a207ce82ba67f1170f9a14f381.jpg

Like Icey mentioned there are subtle alignment details built in everywhere. The actual alignment part is flat now but it says it will rise once installed. I’ll have them installed on my wedges on Thursday and should be able to really get a feel for what these babies are all about.

f970fb34747900260ed463a55ad0ccd4.jpg

On looks alone, these would be something I could see myself easily gaming for a long time. Can’t wait to get them to the course!!

The first four are going to be put on a couple wedges I'm having reshafted, and my 64* and driver. I also ordered up a MCC Align to compare it against on my hybrid. Both clubs currently have GP grips on them so it'll be a nice head to head against MCC and Tour Wrap.
kQzjDpe.jpg
PcXf8RQ.jpg

Then I tried to get a shot inside the grip, you can see the rib inside that will then stick out once installed, pretty cool/simple tech!
skifsXm.jpg

Mine showed up this weekend, and I just haven’t had a chance to do much with them it’s been a hectic week so far. Hopefully I’ll get them installed and out for a test round this weekend.

Mine showed up this weekend, and I just haven’t had a chance to do much with them it’s been a hectic week so far. Hopefully I’ll get them installed and out for a test round this weekend.
I got mine installed and now i'm sick and cant pick em up from the shop yet. I feel your pain!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great thoughts by the reviewers so far! I’ll definitely be picking some up once they’re available for sale and I’m excited to see how they work out for me.

Picked up my clubs with the new grips. Haven't had a chance to do much with them yet, but already like the softer feel. If the rain holds off tomorrow I'll get a chance to play a round with them.

Back