Do you pick the size of your grips based on feel, or strictly hand measurements

It's rare day when I wear a glove but when I do it's a M/L. Grip size is strictly by feel and it's been a midsize for several years now. Just a couple of weeks ago I tried putting some midsize MCC+4 and just love the feel.

It's been about 30 years since the last time I used any Golf Pride grip - but I'm hooked on these.

I put midsize grips on my clubs several years ago merely as an experiment, and have kept them on, regardless of what fitting charts say. I felt like I was putting a death grip on my clubs, and changing to a larger grip alleviated that issue.

I put midsize grips on my clubs several years ago merely as an experiment, and have kept them on, regardless of what fitting charts say. I felt like I was putting a death grip on my clubs, and changing to a larger grip alleviated that issue.

That's exactly why I tried midsize grips. Now I gip the club much lighter but it feels more secure in my hands. There are a few golfer's I know that tried the move to midsize grips and I do not recall any of them going back to standard size.

Back