Do you pick the size of your grips based on feel, or strictly hand measurements

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I have always assumed i was just you good old standard, but in doing some reading last few days i am seeing more and more that the recommenced grip for my glove size (Footjoy XL Cadet) is midsize.

I have always assumed i was just you good old standard, but in doing some reading last few days i am seeing more and more that the recommenced grip for my glove size (Footjoy XL Cadet) is midsize.

I used to play only stock grips. Then switched to all midsize. Now I am back to standard again even though my glove size is XL. My hand measurements put me in a standard and I will stay that way.

I did mine based on feel and performance and then confirmed with the hand measurement. My glove size is Cadet L and as such I have added an extra layer of tape under my standard grip and it has really helped me with control.

I did mine based on feel and performance and then confirmed with the hand measurement. My glove size is Cadet L and as such I have added an extra layer of tape under my standard grip and it has really helped me with control.

tape is also an option

I go more based on feel after a lot of trial and error. My glove size is medium and have settled half way between standard and midsize and install my own grips accordingly with 3 layers of build up tape added under a standard grip (.600 grip on a .600 butt shaft).

I have big hands so I was fitted into midsize. I have tried standard with extra layers of tape but then I’d get stingers as the grip wasn’t soft enough. Lately I’ve gone with midsize Winn grips. They aren’t super durable but I love the comfort of them. I tried CP2’s but on a humid day I couldn’t hold on to them even with a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get fit for grip, but it must be comfortable or it does not work. I'm standard + 2 wraps (depending on the wrap).

Just what feels comfortable.

Strictly comfort for me.

loyalty first then feel then tackiness. Even with putter grips

All feel for me and not just feel to the touch, but feel at impact. I need vibration dampening

Feel of the grip is first. Then using the method of whether my fingertips touch my palm or not to get the right size

I went midsize based on the manufacturer recommendations for my hand size. Turned out to be a good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel certainly factors into the equation, but so do looks and durability. I've tried several different grips, but I always seem to come back to the Golf Pride Tour Velvets.

Performance, feel, and durability. The MCC +4 with a couple extra wraps calms down the hooks a little, feel just right to me, and wear much better than most.

Feel all day long.

Tried different sizes but always go back to the standard Tour Velvet, logo down.

just realized some used T7 wedges i just got have MCC plus4 mid size grips on them, so guess i will be able to try it out for myself tomorrow

I go with what is comfortable. I'm not sure it would be warranted, but +3 wraps always felt better to me than anything else.

I did mine based on feel. That resulted in better performance. I started with standard but now play a mid size.

I go with feel after playing with both midsize and standard I found no diffence in comfort or score.

I go strickly on feel. I love the midsize and jumbo size dry tac grips.

I'm right in between standard and midsize, but the standard MCC+4s work for me so I just roll with those.

I'm moving up to midsize for my MC set. I feel like i'm gripping the hell out of my grips now. I have large hands so hoping this helps.

all great feedback

Back