JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the number on the ball matter to you? A little backstory, I was having a conversation with someone at Titleist about high numbers on golf balls and it dawned on me that I can't remember the last time I even looked at the number on the golf balls I play. I am probably in the minority, but I wanted to pose it to THPers.

nope dont care about numbers, only time I even bother to look is when I know someone else is playing the same brand/model ball

Never even take a glance at it, unless I happen to be playing with someone else rolling the yellow/black Truvis, and that never happens.

But, ultimately, it doesn't ever concern me as to what number is on it.

Don't really get to wound up on numbers. As long as its a Srixon ball with a blue dot its mine......and its probably in trouble lol

Prefer 1's, dont really like 4's and high numbers are always cool to get my hands on if possible

I don't look at numbers unless someone is playing the same ball.

Same. I rarely look, and it's only if someone in the group has the same type.

It doesn't really matter to me but if I could have the same number on all of my balls (without paying for it) I would go with 12. Just because it's my daughter's birthday.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Never cared about #'s.

I am a huge fan of 05-08 numbers and my birth year 70. I save 04 for last out of new dozen

Does the number on the ball matter to you? A little backstory, I was having a conversation with someone at Titleist about high numbers on golf balls and it dawned on me that I can't remember the last time I even looked at the number on the golf balls I play. I am probably in the minority, but I wanted to pose it to THPers.

When I buy balls, I usually get the high numbers if they're available. It's not a playing thing... more of an identification thing. My regular playing group, we all pretty much play the same brand. But I'm usually the only one using 5-8.

I never take notice of it either, unless it's something out of the ordinary like a 99. I'm usually the only one playing Truvis in my group, so that's enough of an identifier for me.

If possible I play the high numbers. If I customize I use #13, the number I wore for every sport I participated in.

Don't really care about the numbers when playing a ball. I am usually the only one playing a Truvis so I always know it's my ball.

When I collect a ball from a new course I play (logo ball) I always get a #1

I can't say I really notice or care.

I wouldn't mind picking some custom numbers if it was a custom order, but it's not something I'd ever pay extra for.

since I play truvis and normally black out the number I dont mind any specific number but after hearing what a certain lpga tour player does I might try and stick to that.

If I ever get balls with personalized numbers I get 23 (Jordan fan) but normal balls and normal numbers....I always use 1 for tournament rounds.

There are numbers on the ball?
I don't really notice.
My buddy on the other hand, he HAS to play the #4 ball no matter what. He will give away others. Sounds expensive...

I look at the number to know how to identify if needed but don't care what number is on the ball.

I don’t notice or care but will often mark my ball with the number 47.

I prefer number 3 just because that's always been my favorite number. It's really not a big deal though.

I am very superstitious about that sort of thing. I play the sleeves with the 1, 2, and 4 numbered balls first, then 3. If customized, then 4.

Your Ball Number

I prefer 3’s not because I’m superstitious, but because Kevin Faulk is one my all time favorite LSU players... And he wore the Number 3...

8ee4570457cf929d4da0a9dceeb471a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always look at the number just to know what I'm playing, it really doesn't matter to me what number it is though

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Back