What shaft do you recommend or use?

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I just purchased a head only epic heavenwood after hearing all the great reviews about it. I think it will fit perfect in my gap, as I don't hit my 4H very well.

I am trying to figure out what the best shaft I should consider for this club.

My swing speed is 85 mph with driver and I tend to have a mid-high to high trajectory off the tee and off the ground.

The Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 is a pretty solid shaft. It's what came in the GBB Heavenwood. Lighter shaft with mid/high trajectory and I'm sure they can be found dirt cheap around the interwebz. Hope this helps!

Why not try and get the same shaft that's in your 5 wood? Also to remember, the Heavenwood is designed around a 4wood length shaft. This will play into what you might be able to buy used for length but also for gapping.

Why not try and get the same shaft that's in your 5 wood? Also to remember, the Heavenwood is designed around a 4wood length shaft. This will play into what you might be able to buy used for length but also for gapping.

I was also thinking this same thing. My 5 wood turn down to 17 degree is a Oban Isawa 55 03flex

I was also thinking this same thing. My 5 wood turn down to 17 degree is a Oban Isawa 55 03flex

Something similar that might be a little more readily available is Aldila Tour Blue or Diamana S+ (Blue).

Im enjoying my Tensei CK Blue 65s in 3 and 5 woods. My swing is a little "faster" than yours OP which normally equates to a "stiff" for my desired trajectory but the CK blue 65 in R flex is about perfect. So much so that Im gonna try the same shaft in my driver as the stock Synergy feels like an antenna whip and I spray uncontrollably. Good luck in your quest.

I have a Diamana 50 R flex in mine.

I hear the PX stuff is really good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I hear the PX stuff is really good.

Hmmm where did you hear that?
I love PX shafts.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Hmmm where did you hear that?
I love PX shafts.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
The Darrel Survey and THP members WITB.

FFL

You said you tend to hit your FW high, is that what you want from a FW? Fairwoods are the most personal club in the bag. Everyone wants to hit the driver long and stick irons close but what you want from a FW depends on your game. Me, my only chance of hitting most par 5 in two is rolling on one so I want a low, rolling 3wd. Some players need a FW that can land soft.

What are you looking for in your FW?

Go get fit for one. Any suggestion would be conjecture as swing speed is only one part of the equation. Only way to do it.

I just bought a HW and while I have some swing flaws to work out, I have hit it really well.

I decided I wasn't smarter than the designers at Callaway so I just went with the stock Evenflow shaft and it's super easy to hit. I got regular and am seeing a little up-spin so maybe stiff would have been better but not so much that I'm going to worry about it. I haven't made any bad shots with it because of the shaft although I thought I hit a couple way further than they actually went. My bad shots are a result of a stupid lunge I've developed on long clubs.

Back