What driving iron / 3 iron are people using?

zooropa

Reaction score
Handicap
I've given up on hybrids again after thinking the xr was the cats whiskers. I'm tossing up getting either a ap3, p790, callaway 2018 utility, ping g700. The main thing is not too small a blade length and especially not seeing the back end of it sticking out at address.

712U for me. But I've been looking for the Apex UT in 18 degrees. Hard to find. Both has good help but not too blady.

I've given up on hybrids again after thinking the xr was the cats whiskers. I'm tossing up getting either a ap3, p790, callaway 2018 utility, ping g700. The main thing is not too small a blade length and especially not seeing the back end of it sticking out at address.

Some of the guys on Team Prestige were anti-hybrid until trying the Rogue line. 441/Nate are all in love with theirs now- so maybe give it a shot?

Anyways- I have a set 3i that will rotate in the bag depending on the course.

Titleist T-MB 2 iron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use a tmb 2i and that fits your requirement of not seeing too much of the back at address. It's not the most forgiving utility but performs well.

Titleist TmB 3i

Srixon U65 is my current favorite.

Wilson C300 Forged in the 3-iron. I adore it.

PING G400 3 Crossover

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been using the new Titleist ap3 3-iron, has just enough beef to be forgiving. Pretty versatile too, and can definitely poke it out there.

I've been using the new Titleist ap3 3-iron, has just enough beef to be forgiving. Pretty versatile too, and can definitely poke it out there.

I need to go hit one but this one seems the most likely at this stage.

Callaway UT 21°

712u 2 iron when it is in the bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Srixon Z545 3 iron. It’s as long as my previous UDI 2i, feels better at impact, and is easier to hit.

Titleist T-MB 2 iron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After hitting @c.a.eleric ‘s T-MB’s, I’m really considering one of these. I’ve been a hybrid guy for a while but I just love hitting driving irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use the 3 iron that came with my XR Steelhead set but am looking into the new Tour Edge #2 iron/wood club. Hybrids are no good to me but have no trouble consistently pounding my long irons from the fairway. That Tour Edge 2 iron wood looks like it could fill a nice gap in my bag.

I use a tmb 2i and that fits your requirement of not seeing too much of the back at address. It's not the most forgiving utility but performs well.

Great minds buddy

Recently bought the Bridgestone X-hi with the KBS Proto Hybrid shaft. Feels great. Cant wait to play it this week.

Recently bought the Bridgestone X-hi with the KBS Proto Hybrid shaft. Feels great. Cant wait to play it this week.

Any chance you could please post a pic at address?

Any chance you could please post a pic at address?

Sure, will send tomorrow morning. It looks similar to the mizuno fli-hi. Shaft feels great too. Bought mine 1/2” long in X and really think it will be great.

I just use the 3 iron that came with my XR Steelhead set but am looking into the new Tour Edge #2 iron/wood club. Hybrids are no good to me but have no trouble consistently pounding my long irons from the fairway. That Tour Edge 2 iron wood looks like it could fill a nice gap in my bag.

I just recently bought the Tour Edge HL3 #3 ironwood and am still working it out. So far it is no more reliable than my hybrids, but I have faith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are driving iron's really only for better players? A question I keep asking myself. Am I really good enough to use one effectively?

Had a few in rotation including UDI, Apex UT, G30 4 iron bent to 18*, a PSI 3 iron bent strong but the club I have settled on and I wish I had it from release is the Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 2 iron, ok its 16.5 degrees and its not the biggest or probably the best looking driving iron it just works so well.
Long off the tee, a rocket off the deck and a poor swing isn't killed on feel or distance.

Mizzy MMC Fli-Hi...so damn good.

Back