Golf leasing business concept project

skip23

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone,

I am a current student at Ohio University and for a group project, my teammates and I had to create a business concept. We came up with the business concept of allowing golfers to lease the newest golf clubs over a set period of time. We would go into pro shops at country clubs and once somebody would want to lease a club/clubs we would then purchase the club from the club then the customer would lease it for a year/season and then they would have the option to purchase the clubs or return them. Here is a survey, and if anyone can help us out that would be greatly appreciated!

https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2n2Lv2BlzawA1nL

Took the survey. In college I had a lot of similar classes regarding creating business models and surveying people. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
In regards to your idea I would look more into a rental program then leasing. I think you will be able to have a much better return on investment by being able to use your investment multiple times a season rather than just once. This will also help keep costs down for those wanting to try out the clubs.

I replied to your survey, I think the idea has some merit, but I am not in your target market

I answered your survey. Good luck!

Replied to the survey, interesting idea. I'd be interested to see what some pricing would be as that is probably the main pressure point in this concept.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Survey completed. Depending on the money involved in leasing the equipment, it is something I would find interest in. If the 12 month lease costs 2/3 of the purchase price or more, I would likely opt for just making the purchase then selling it when I was ready for an upgrade.

I also took the survey and agree it would totally depend on the pricing structure. I think that and the fact that some people are not very easy on their equipment would be your biggest challenges.

Back