Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Green Edition Shafts

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
With the golf season and the masters kicking off next week, these green shafts have a little extra something to them now.

Nippon-1-XL.jpg

Nippon-2-XL.jpg

Nippon-3-XL.jpg

Nippon-4-XL.jpg

Nippon-6-XL.jpg

Need these in my life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look great!

dean- are those green along the length, or just in the greater midsection? the blue ones i have are steel a few inches past the grip, and a few inches before the head, but blue the rest of the way. they look so awesome!

Totally awesome....Nippon rocks it with these shafts, just a great colour and shaft.

Those are fantastic and only 3000 made

Need to see about getting these

Love that look, great finish!

Wow those look stunning. Green with envy!!!

Be cool in a whole set. But think there only wedges.

dean- are those green along the length, or just in the greater midsection? the blue ones i have are steel a few inches past the grip, and a few inches before the head, but blue the rest of the way. they look so awesome!

pretty much how you describe them here. I bet the blue looks crazy good

Those look great. Did you decide what heads you were going to install them in?

Those look great. Did you decide what heads you were going to install them in?

they are in my RTX3 wedges. I couldn't make it happen with the same head/loft without shelling out too much $$$

Those green are incredible! Really interested to see what the combo looks like that the Dean decides.

they are in my RTX3 wedges. I couldn't make it happen with the same head/loft without shelling out too much $$$

Understandable. Have fun with them because they look amazing.

Understandable. Have fun with them because they look amazing.

But I will be honest, I think that they the performance difference between the 3 is very minimal. IMO it's more about selecting the weight that is your preference and go from there.

But I will be honest, I think that they the performance difference between the 3 is very minimal. IMO it's more about selecting the weight that is your preference and go from there.

Good tip. I’ve noticed lately as I’ve switched around weight wise with another OEM shaft company, lighter has been better on my body than the 120g weight I used to prefer.

Now I love these ... a lot! Especially the 105g or 115g shaft :act-up:

Good tip. I’ve noticed lately as I’ve switched around weight wise with another OEM shaft company, lighter has been better on my body than the 120g weight I used to prefer.

in the last 5ish years, maybe longer, OEMs have gotten much better at producing lighter shafts(both steel and graphite) that I believe has helped limit the notion that lighter means weaker, less stable, and more erratic shot patterns.

I'd like to keep the weight of the wedges around the same weight as the irons. Instead of having say a light iron shaft (95 - 100g) and then jumping all the way up to say a 120g wedge shaft, like in your standard DG S200 ... doesn't make much sense to me. I know it all comes down to feel but why have wedges that are considerably heavier than that of the rest of your set?

I'd like to keep the weight of the wedges around the same weight as the irons. Instead of having say a light iron shaft (95 - 100g) and then jumping all the way up to say a 120g wedge shaft, like in your standard DG S200 ... doesn't make much sense to me. I know it all comes down to feel but why have wedges that are considerably heavier than that of the rest of your set?

Personally I used to play half shots with my wedges more often than full swings and have the weight in the club helped maintain tempo and path where as with the lighter club I wanted faster hands and club head speed. The modus 105 have been a great option for a lot of golfers and now the new lighter weight options, like ddec discussed, is better quality and builds than ever before.

Planning to contact my local class b builder to try and snag some of these.... They look incredible.

Back