What Shaft Do I have in My Ping Eye 2s?

Holden4th

Reaction score
Handicap
I have just been given a set of these beautiful clubs by my brother and I don't think that they have been used much. The clues for this is the condition of the grooves, the lack of wear on the sole and the very good condition of the Golf Pride leather grips. They have probably been sitting in a bag somewhere for quite a long time until they were taken to the second hand shop where my brother got them.

However, I am unable to determine what shafts are in these clubs. The little faux metal plastic bands that goes around the shaft are either not there or are unreadable. However, there is one with some information. The band is silver with a blue ring at one end a black one at the other and the PING name is prominent in black. It also says KAR3 with (UK) in brackets underneath.

They are obviously not ZZ-Lites but don't register anywhere else that talks about PING EYE 2 shafts.

Any ideas?

Interesting that the club with the clearest information is the 3 iron.

Not sure on that label but maybe you could call Ping and give them the serial number and they could tell you the specs and shafts.

A lot could depend on the year of manufacture since they made the Eye 2 for so long. Based on the description though my guess would be the JZ Steel shafts.

I have just been given a set of these beautiful clubs by my brother and I don't think that they have been used much. The clues for this is the condition of the grooves, the lack of wear on the sole and the very good condition of the Golf Pride leather grips. They have probably been sitting in a bag somewhere for quite a long time until they were taken to the second hand shop where my brother got them.

However, I am unable to determine what shafts are in these clubs. The little faux metal plastic bands that goes around the shaft are either not there or are unreadable. However, there is one with some information. The band is silver with a blue ring at one end a black one at the other and the PING name is prominent in black. It also says KAR3 with (UK) in brackets underneath.

They are obviously not ZZ-Lites but don't register anywhere else that talks about PING EYE 2 shafts.

Any ideas?

Interesting that the club with the clearest information is the 3 iron.
If you measure the distance from the hosel to the first step and then the distances between the first few steps I can look at some of our older Ping drawings and try to help out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back