How Mixed Could You Go?

I currently have a fairly mixed bag. Cobra driver, TEE 3W, Callaway Heavenwood, Ben Hogan VKTR hybrid, Ben Hogan 5i & 6i, TEE 7i-PW, Cleveland, Hogan, and Callaway for wedges. Plus the constant rotation of putters.

I don't mind a few brands if the clubs preform and make me better. I would like to play all one brand to be honest. I enjoy the same look in my clubs.

I'm a little weirded out the other way right now. Of my thirteen full swing clubs, twelve are Pings. Although my first three sets were box sets - Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge. Spalding Executives, and a Kunnan set that a friend is still playing, AFAIK.

I love them all and think I'm set, but still feels odd.

I think it would be fine, as long as they all worked for me.

Small example: I've had a regular chrome Callaway 50*, black Cleveland 56*, and black Callaway PM Grind 60* (different face shape) in the bag at the same time.

Probably as wild as I wanted. Currently:
Callaway driver, 3w, 3h
Hogan 4h
Srixon irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey putter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Taylormade driver, Callaway GBB Epic FW, Cobra F7 Hybrids, Callaway Rogue Irons and Cleveland wedges. That is what I play right now. It does not bother me.

But using wedges of different companies would bother me. Same with Irons. Not in the sense that it would affect my play but just that I would prefer to not do that.

I've always gone pretty mixed. The only thing that's been fairly constant are the irons brand. But hybrids have differed from those, wedges have differed from those, the wedges themselves are all different, you name it. I go with what works for me, not the name on the club.

I started all with all taylormade but over the year this seems to work for me, Cobra f7 driver callaway xr 3w, cobra bio cell 2/3 hybrid, Wilson irons 4-pw, mizuno wedges 50/55/60 and odessey putter its still evolving

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I have a mixed bag now, but no way I could mix different irons for a set

My set that I leave in Florida includes Adams, Callaway, Wilson, and Taylormade irons with Ping and Callaway woods.

I don't see any issues with playing different clubs from different OEM's. I was just thinking about this actually. I'm hitting my 6i so badly right now I was thinking to just switch out to a more forgiving OEM for my 6.

I can go pretty mixed as far as OEM's go and I could do mixed sets with the same OEM, but the different profile and different OEM might mess with me a little. I usually even stick with woods/hybrids being the same brand, have 3 different currently in the bag. I like matching wedges too...

As long as the gaps are true and each club does its job then no not at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current set has 5 different brands, I really don't have brand loyalty but whatever works best within my budget at the time.

Sounds like too much work for me...so no

The season before my Grandaddy trip, i had a pretty mixed bag

Wilson Staff Driver
TaylorMade 3 wood
Ping 5 wood
TaylorMade irons
Cleveland, Wilson and titleist wedge
Scotty putter.

Ugh just reading that over gives me anxiety

While I like to have a consistent bag if possible, I could play every other club mixed and wouldn't care as long as the performance was there.

I'm about there right now. Callaway driver, TEE CB4 3+ wood, Adams hybrid, ping irons 6-SW, Callaway LW, Taylormade 2i, Cleveland putter. But I agree with MPlefty. I'll be happy to swap all that for my full bag of Cleveland!

I have a bit of OCD. I need them to match for at least the type of club they are. Fw's/hybrid's match, irons match, wedges match. I have a nervous condition enough that I play 2 set wedges and 2 Cleveland wedges. That may just change this year. lol

I think mine is a bit mixed. SLDR hybrid, Adams pro 23* then Adams A12 6 hybrid. From there Maltby irons. The basically fill a yardage number, a touch of trial and error but I have no issues. Some lead tape can fix any feel issues.

My first set came out of the lost and found at the course I worked at. Top Flite 5 iron, and a whole mad mess of other stuff. Played it just fine, but I definitely had favorites in the bag, clubs I could hit better than others. So it could work for me, but I’d be a little more choosy now. ?

I currently have Ping driver, Cobra 3-wood, Orka 5-wood, titleist irons, 2 Callaway wedges, an Orka wedge, and an odyssey putter

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Up till now I have always had a mixed bag. TM driver, orlimar 3w, Adams hb and irons. Crappy no name 15 year old wedges and a Seemore putter.

I will play whatever feels good to me as long as it fits my game.

before last year's titleist event i had bstone driver, cobra fw, titleist hybrid, srixon irons, grindworks wedges, odyssey putter, snell ball. very mixed bag there. then got into the titleist event and swapped the srixon irons for titleist irons, so a little less mixed. now in the morgan cup EVERYTHING will be cobra other than the putter. maybe i'll get into the grandaddy and go full-circle in less than 12 months: completely mixed bag to 100% homogeneous.

I play a mixed bag with Callaway irons and Hybrids, Cleveland Driver and wedges with a Odyssey Putter. I don't mind a mixed bag if it works for me.

Back