Is your bag ever "set"?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
So, with winter breaking and spring just around the corner, I ask, is there ever a time and do you target a certain date to have your bag "set" for the season?

I've been tinkering with a LOT of stuff over the off season. My irons have been shuffled around so many times I've lost track. I think I'm about to settle back down with the Wishons, but I'm not sure just yet which shaft I wanna put in them. I'm thinking I want to have them set and not screw with them after the end of April... hopefully, before that.

The rest of the bag is fairly set. I'll likely build a 5wd, but I'd swap it in and out of the bag for either the 3h or 4h depending on what course I'm playing (If I've got any par 3's in teh 200-220 range, I'd probably throw in the 5wd. I might build a thriver, too, and if I do, I'd likely figure a more permanent spot for the 5wd so that I'd have a useful option from the deck on longer approach shots.

I don't think my bag has ever been "set". This is probably the happiest I've ever been with my bag setup at the beginning of the season but if something interesting comes along I'm always up for trying new things out.

I don't think it's possible to be "set" as new products and innovation will continue to happen. I am as close to it as I've ever been though

I hope my bag is set now with the exception of swapping out a hybrid or putter depending on the course or how I'm hitting them but you never know.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I believe it is. For better or for worse.

My bag is "set" in regard to the clubs I own as I have no plans at this point to buy anything new. However, I am always swapping wedges in and out and my two drivers, the XR-16 and Epic, often just swapping the shafts.

I've heard many people say they're bags were set for the season...most of them were liars.

I've heard many people say they're bags were set for the season...most of them were liars.

I know the feeling. I'll let you know when mine is set. Likely, all I need to do is decide on iron shafts. The the 5wd will get swapped in and out, but I'm probably done buying stuff for a while.

My bag is set

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My bag is set as I am broke. But I'm happy with my current setup. Ready to get on the course and break them in. Might move some stuff around after I figure out what's going to work and what isn't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My bag was "set" for 6 years. The only changes I had were wedge replacements when I felt the grooves were worn.
Then last season I replaced my 3 wood. Now this season I intend on replacing my driver.

I know the feeling. I'll let you know when mine is set. Likely, all I need to do is decide on iron shafts. The the 5wd will get swapped in and out, but I'm probably done buying stuff for a while.

Haha! I said most, it's been done before. Definitely not by the guy I quoted below, he is lying!

My bag is set

LIAR! Hahahaha!!!

I think it is. I’ve found a driver that I feel fairly confident with, a hybrid that I seem to be able to hit, and irons that I feel good about swinging.

Haha! I said most, it's been done before. Definitely not by the guy I quoted below, he is lying!

LIAR! Hahahaha!!!
Well now that you mention it, the putter is scared and the Driver could use a refreshing.

Wish I had screen capped it.

When I pulled up new posts, this thread appeared immediately above

Mr. Hicksta - WITB

I expect he will see this and laugh as well

Well now that you mention it, the putter is scared and the Driver could use a refreshing.

This is my not shocked face :-| hahahaha! I know the Rogue driver is gonna happen, but I cannot predict the amount of putter changes that are gonna happen...;-)

Yes, multiple times a year for varying periods of time :D.

My bag is set in terms of the clubs currently in play. My confidence is sky high right now and I’m going to play the clubs I have and see how the year shakes out.

If anything iron shafts will be switched and might rotate out the putter, but the others are safe.

Is your bag ever "set"?

Is your bag ever "set"?

eded3d9ec35c7399083ed86206e7eb11.jpg

After THCE my bag will be set…for 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...this is getting good! *popcorn*

Back