Loft & lie question

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, so I have these Wishon 550 irons that I've had for about 10 years. When I initially got them, I bent the lofts and lies to fit me. Today, I dropped them off at a shop to have the lofts and lies measured and the report doesn't make sense to me. Look at the attached pic. The middle columns under "550 specs) is what they're at now. The columns to either side is what they were set at 10 years ago.

550.jpg

Doesn't that seem like an awful lot of movement? I can't imagine how the middle irons moved that much in the loft dept.

Do you think this is a symptom of them being measured on a different machine than I originally bent/measured with? I don't think that's it because both were quality machines. I bent/measured with an MR3 True Blue loft/lie machine. The work today was done with a Mitchell.

Thoughts? Should I take them to another shop and get a 2nd opinion?

Last edited:
I would get a second check done on another machine. That looks all sorts of crazy to me.

There are a lot of crazy numbers in that chart. To me, besides the currently loft of the 8 iron, the set lies are crazy upright. Most iron set standard lies are about 3 dgrees flatter than those.

There are a lot of crazy numbers in that chart. To me, besides the currently loft of the 8 iron, the set lies are crazy upright. Most iron set standard lies are about 3 dgrees flatter than those.

Not 3° flatter than the current lies. You're probably talking about the "set lies". I did bend them 3° upright.

I did make a not on the OP. I made a typo on the current loft of the 8i. That should read 38, not 28. Oops...

Not 3° flatter than the current lies. You're probably talking about the "set lies". I did bend them 3° upright.

I was referring to the figures under the set lies. If those represent you bending them 3 degrees upright initially, then that makes sense. I thought those figures were representing the stock lies when purchased new which did not make any sense to me.

Back