2016 TaylorMade Tour Preferred & Project a Golf Balls

I really like the last version of these still have a few dozen I will give them a try when I run out of my supply

I played a sleeve of the project a, thought they were ok. I'd try a sleeve of the new model out to see how they compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd definitely try the (a) again, for me it was very short and not very good feeling off the tee with my driver. Irons and short game were really nice, but I just couldn't get over how dead it was with my driver.

I'm guessing the changes are a softer TPx, and a firmer TP.

TPx was one of the better balls I thought TM came out with since the PentaTP, so I'm curious what they've really tweaked.

TPx was one of the better balls I thought TM came out with since the PentaTP, so I'm curious what they've really tweaked.

The Penta TP and TP3 were my favorite balls they made. The Project a and that god awful seam turned me off to TM but I wouldn't mind giving these a try

My only complaint of the Project a was the thick seem that ran across it. I hope they were able to change that. Otherwise I thought it was a fantastic ball for my game.

This is my complaint about every single TM golf ball. Shame too as I really enjoy most of their offerings, but I cannot get over those seams.

Last year (this years) model tour preferred X was by far my favorite ball. I will def be giving these a go for 2016

Saw some photos of the new project a. Sadly the seam is still as big.

Maybe it's my bad eyes but I haven't noticed the seam on the P (a). Or if I have I hasn't bothered me any.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Saw a photo on Twitter of the new TPx from TM's feed, it's hard to tell but the seam doesn't look as pronounced as before. That, or I'm just blind.

Saw a photo on Twitter of the new TPx from TM's feed, it's hard to tell but the seam doesn't look as pronounced as before. That, or I'm just blind.

I never thought the seam was ever that bad with the TPx. For me it was always the Project a

I can see the seam on the tpx, but don't really notice it. It is smaller than the one on the project a.

I've been gaming the project (a)'s for a while now since I get them used from lostgolfballs. They are very awesome balls for the price

Glad to see the ball(s) are coming back. Really enjoyed them but never hit them enough.

Looking forward to checking out the new Project A. I prefer the look of a seamless ball but the first Project A seemed like a good performer for me in spite of that. Really looking forward to trying out the 2016 Project A. The lower compression might reduce some of the side spin off the tee and might be a little longer. Am super curious to see how the new version compares to the Chrome Soft for distance and around the greens.

Nice to see the naming remain, not too many companies do this. Love the Tour Preferred line but TM balls have never been at the top of my list to game.

I played the project a today against the chrome soft and would take the project a any day. Such a great ball off the driver or approach shots. Looking forward to the new one

I've been playing the current Project a some as the temps have dropped and it really does perform pretty well for me. I do feel it is slightly shorter, but it stops quickly on approach shots as well or better than any other ball I've played. I look forward to giving both of the new lines a try.

Got to use the new Project "a" on a golf course for the first time the other day for a few holes, and also some pitching and putting practice. Really liking the ball so far. Seems to be pretty comparable to the Chrome Soft off the driver and irons, also seems to have somewhat better bite around the greens. The feel off short wedge shots seems to be better than the Chrome Soft. The CS has a slightly better feel off the putter but I like the Project "a" a little better off the wedges. Will get a better idea in the Spring when things start to warm up and dry up around here, but so far so good for the new Project "a".

Got to use the new Project "a" on a golf course for the first time the other day for a few holes, and also some pitching and putting practice. Really liking the ball so far. Seems to be pretty comparable to the Chrome Soft off the driver and irons, also seems to have somewhat better bite around the greens. The feel off short wedge shots seems to be better than the Chrome Soft. The CS has a slightly better feel off the putter but I like the Project "a" a little better off the wedges. Will get a better idea in the Spring when things start to warm up and dry up around here, but so far so good for the new Project "a".
Is that seam on the cover still visible like it was speculated to be?

Good to hear, I was worried they would change the project a into something totally different. Played that ball most of the year and outside of the RX it was by far my best performing ball.

Playing both and both tp and tpx are softer.....compression down on tp from 86-ish to 80.....I'm hitting it higher,further but less spin on driver....more greenside spin.....had been playing tpx which was a great ball....since the compression has been lowered, it has separated from tpx in a good way....

Playing both and both tp and tpx are softer.....compression down on tp from 86-ish to 80.....I'm hitting it higher,further but less spin on driver....more greenside spin.....had been playing tpx which was a great ball....since the compression has been lowered, it has separated from tpx in a good way....

That's good to hear. I've been playing the TPx since they came out. Now I have 6 dozen of the 2016 TPx sitting here at the house waiting to be played.

I enjoyed the Project (a) from 2015. It's the front runner right now to replace the Warbird in my bag but I'm also looking at the e6 and the Supersoft. So I'm interested to see how everyone likes the 2016 version of these.

The Warbird and Project (a) are two totally different balls. I really like them (Project (a) ) except the driver, maybe the softer compression will fix that.

Back