If you could only carry 13 clubs which one would you pull out of your bag?

2Bad4u

KABOOM BABY!
Reaction score
Let's pretend that the rules of golf change tomorrow and only allowed 13 clubs to be carried. Which club would you remove and why?

For me it would be my 3 wood. Typically I only hit it off the tees where the driver isn't really need, and my 5 wood would take its place for that type of shot.

I carry 5 wedges from PW down, but all of those irons are off limit.

I carry 2 wedges, 2 hybrids and a 3-wood that would be among the candidates. (5-AW,D,P are all staying put)
Depends on the course, but I'm likely to get rid of my 60 degree wedge because it's used the least and I can make do with the 56.
I've tried pulling out the 3-wood but I've regretted that, so it stays.

I would drop the 3H. But do I have to? I just got it!

My 3W. I rarely use it. It's more difficult to hit than the driver. It's more difficult to hit off the fairway than my 5W.

Easy. My driver would be dropped and I would tee off with my 3w. I mean I tee off already with my 3w 80% of the time. So no big loss there.

I'd drop the 5 wood.

Probably 4i since I've mostly been using it to get out from behind trees lately. I can do that with my 3i too.

Probably my 5 iron. I can control the distance of my 4 hybrid depending on where I grip it. The 5 iron is a "hold my breath" club when I pull it anyways.

Some days I like to think the driver would be gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 degree wedge. Just change my gapping a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my home course it would be my 5 iron. I've only used it once or twice in the last 10 rounds.

I would probably drop my 54&58 then replace them with a 56. I can hit all the same shots with the 56. If it was only for a round it would be my driver.

I'd ditch my hybrid. I still haven't found one that I hit with consistency. I'm pondering picking up a used Cleveland Altitude 3 iron to replace it in the bag.

For me, it's a no brainer. 5 iron adios ,as I am not consistent with it. Plus my hybrid is my money club straight 99% of the time. Choke down and problem solved

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I could probably drop 3w or 5I and be ok

3 wood.

I currently only carry 13 clubs as I only have 3 wedges (44, 50, 56). I'm comfortable enough with partial swings with my wedges that 6 degree gaps are manageable, and adding another wedge with that same gap (62) for some reason seems like overkill.

I would drop my 3 wood. I don't hit it much further than my 5 wood so the 3 wood would be gone

I'd probably pull one of my wedges.....60 degree and get my 60 degree shots down with my 56.

3w, but would also then probably drop my 3h and look for a 2h or put my 5w back in the bag.

3h most likely.....tough choice though.

Like myself, there are a lot of people who would be dropping their 3 woods.

Driver without hesitation. I'm much more accurate with the 3Deep and use it most of the time anyways. Difference in distance isn't much either.

I would drop a mid hybrid. Out of my current bag, I would drop the 5h. I probably use it a handful of times per round, but could easily do without it if it wasnt there.

Back