The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think some important traits are overlooked by everyone.

Treat people the way you'd like to be treated, even if they disagree with you.

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Try to do the right thing, even when it's not the popular thing

The way you treat others is a reflector of your self.

I think we all need a reminder every now and then.

I just had someone in the front office (office assistant) go above me and question a decision I made, and subsequent plans for a training class.
So, I got hired as the subject matter expert, you're going to question my decisions and actions and go ask the 'boss'??

If you call someone and set up an appointment for 8:30-9:00am...(and it's now 10am), and you haven't called to tell me "sorry I'm late...(insert reason)" then DON'T expect me to want to do business with you and your company.

She doesn't know what's coming, IF she shows up.

If you call someone and set up an appointment for 8:30-9:00am...(and it's now 10am), and you haven't called to tell me "sorry I'm late...(insert reason)" then DON'T expect me to want to do business with you and your company.

She doesn't know what's coming, IF she shows up.

Opposite happened to my sister yesterday. They told her between 3-5, and showed up at 2 when she hadn't gotten home yet.

I just had someone in the front office (office assistant) go above me and question a decision I made, and subsequent plans for a training class.
So, I got hired as the subject matter expert, you're going to question my decisions and actions and go ask the 'boss'??

She should know it's an SME's world and we just live in it :alien:

My brother-in-law called Sunday, he was in the hospital and had fallen. He is in poor health (72) with cancer. He has had several forms of cancer over the years, kidney, bladder, colon. Testing has found he now has 6 tumors on the brain. He is talking as though the prognosis is not very good and has hinted he may not make it to Christmas. My wife is very upset but stoic. She is looking for things to send him that will get there early for Christmas. She has decided on gourmet pancake mixes (something he can enjoy) but is balking at adding pure maple syrup because he has diabetes. There seems to be a bit of bittersweet irony here.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Refrigerator stopped working last night. Woke up to warm orange juice. T-day supplies were purchased yesterday, all of its in jeopardy. How much do you risk though when serving 16 family members?

Refrigerator stopped working last night. Woke up to warm orange juice. T-day supplies were purchased yesterday, all of its in jeopardy. How much do you risk though when serving 16 family members?

Depends how much you like them? :D

Woke up to 2 inches of snow on the ground...AAARRRGH ! I hate winter !!!

Woke up to 2 inches of snow on the ground...AAARRRGH ! I hate winter !!!
Same. Supposed to warm up tomorrow apparently but we'll see

Depends how much you like them? :D

Good point, but I don't know If I could afford paying for the appliance repair man and plumber in the same week.

The Official Rant of the Day

I'm amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check to see if the coils froze over at the back of the freezer. All you need to do is thaw that out. Hopefully the Refrigerator will work after that. If the coils aren't frozen, then you'll need to get a repair repair person out to look at it. Or buy a new one since there are tons of black Friday sales going on.

Post via Taptalk

Total to repair garage door is better than what I thought it was going to be. $330.00 is a lot better than the $1k I was fearing.

Total to repair garage door is better than what I thought it was going to be. $330.00 is a lot better than the $1k I was fearing.
Was it the spring or the motor?

Was it the spring or the motor?
All motor. Motor is actually good, the piece that winds the chain up and down is shot. Cheaper to replace the entire unit.

All motor. Motor is actually good, the piece that winds the chain up and down is shot. Cheaper to replace the entire unit.
Well at least you got out easier than you had anticipated.

Asked a simple question in a private group on FB (a group made up of people that do/did my old job in the Air Force).

Within about four posts, it turned into the debate thread, but not as polite. Really, people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back